Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE 07/21/2017)

nvidia web driver updates macOS Sierra

• Please log in to reply
1001 replies to this topic

sl0wtarget

sl0wtarget

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Care to expand on this? I have LittleSnitch running and, other than trustd reaching out to get new certs, I haven't really seen any "calling home"… Am I missing something? :o

Some services phoning home;

/usr/libexec/keyboardservicesd

/usr/libexec/nsurlsessiond

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreParsec.framework/parsecd

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PassKitCore.framework/passd

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PhotoAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/Support/photoanalysisd

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PhotoLibraryPrivate.framework/Versions/A/Support/photolibraryd via /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PhotoLibraryPrivate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/PhotoLibraryServices.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.photomoments.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.photomoments

/usr/libexec/rtcreportingd

I left out a handful that, like trustd, I don't think are worth blocking. A couple on this list I can't find enough documentation on to blindly trust. The photo stuff I'm sure is associated with Photos but I don't want my library's information culled in any way, shape or form and Apple is a huge data mining company now. This brings me to that first service. Now is it tracking our keyboard usage the same way a mobile keyboard app would?

Inquiring minds would like to know... but for now it remains blocked until satisfactorily proven benign.

ergot

ergot

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

I wouldn't use EmuVariableUEFI-64 and AGDP patch allows the OS to control power management of the gaphics cards

Any problem with this settings?

I have no problem running 10.11 and 10.12 like this except 10.12 no support for CUDA so cannot run applications such as Resolve...

asdesoso

asdesoso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Is working OOB Asus GeForce GT 630 2GB GDDR3 in DP1-DP6 of Sierra?

Thanks.

drowsyhaze

drowsyhaze

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

i had the same problem that you have right now, i spent all night trying all posible solutions, i finally fix it, i will upload the file for you, the problem is the web drivers, i tried fixing that version but i couldn't, but i use El Capitan latest drivers and i fixed, now is working in sierra 10.12.5 pb, i don't need to use the nvram value either, but the driver is in 99% i need to double check to try to make it 100%, the only problem is at startup it does the glitch like when you don't have acceleration enable, like when you use nv_disable but after that everything is enable and working perfectly fine both of my card are recognized in nvidia control panel , in about my mac, with the right ram, let me just double check everything and i will upload the files for you, i also felt the same way like you ,i was worried but now i'm not worry anymore , the official drivers will work the same way they always has, i look inside the beta drivers here and they have bunch of errors inside, incomplete system version, etc etc etc , i'm not saying that is the person that worked in the drivers here, most likely the drivers came broken from nvidia , just give me some time like an hour or 2 for me to prepare everything i just wanted to give you the good news. i'll be back later.

I can assure you that the drivers are not broken and are working. The reason the version number is simply "16A" in the drivers is not because they're "broken," but because they need to work across different betas (this happens with every beta driver). Don't hack harder than you need to (ie injecting the OS version into old drivers).

drowsyhaze

drowsyhaze

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Lol, alright -  I did not mean any offense, and thought I was being polite by pointing out a reason why a full version number isn't included in the driver's plist, but I thought the goal here was "vanilla OS X" :) Either way, you are hacking harder than you need to when the solution is to let things be broken (non-working boot arguments/NVRAM) and use old drivers.

Glad you figured out a solution for the proper drivers and things are working, sorry to have offended - happy hacking!

• jsl likes this

stillmoms

stillmoms

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Is anyone else having strangely inverted colors on the latest NVIDIA Web Driver on macOS Sierra Developer Beta 6? I’m running a GTX 960 4GB in a MacPro4,1 that’s been flashed to a 5,1 (but still running 2x quad-core Xeons, haven’t swapped out for new CPUs or RAM yet). Any idea what’s going on/how to fix?

EDIT: Upon further consideration, it looks like just the R and B channels are flipped; G is still correct. And, if I click on messages in Mail, I see the colors flip to normal in a message briefly before the message changes to the next one. VERY strange.

Doublepranks

Doublepranks

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

@drowsyhaze

Interesting thing: my secondary monitor got screwed up colors after the 10.12 update. Worked fine in 10.11, works fine in W10… Tried a different cable, different port from the graphics card… Other monitor works just fine (in both ports and with both cables). Weeeeirdest thing. Basically, blues are yellows, yellows are blues, and reds are blues too… It's like my red channel got screwed up! :X SOO WEIRD! I tried checking the accessibility option to invert colors, but it's not it: whites and blacks are not inverted. I also tried switching to a different color profile… No help!

Any idea? Anybody running into similar issues?

PS: When booting with nv_disable=1 (aka no Nvidia driver), colors are perfectly fine! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMG_1058.jpg

Edit

I can confirm Working Gigabyte 750TI but with some remarks:

1 - I think we should all back to using kext-dev-mode=1 and roothless=0
2 - remove Emuvariable-64 from EFI it will cause system to never load your video kext
3 - Nvidia webdriver should be enabled using it's settings panel under system preference
4 - transparency is buggy as hell so reduce it under Accessibility panel.
5 - Clover Configurator won't mount EFI so do it manually
6 - no messed up colors on my end*

7 - reset your NVRAN after removing Emuvariable (sudo  nvram -c)

Attached Files

cactus5552

cactus5552

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

is there any working Sierra beta 5 drivers for a GTX 970 ?

tarasis

tarasis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Is anyone else having strangely inverted colors on the latest NVIDIA Web Driver on macOS Sierra Developer Beta 6? I’m running a GTX 960 4GB in a MacPro4,1 that’s been flashed to a 5,1 (but still running 2x quad-core Xeons, haven’t swapped out for new CPUs or RAM yet). Any idea what’s going on/how to fix?

EDIT: Upon further consideration, it looks like just the R and B channels are flipped; G is still correct. And, if I click on messages in Mail, I see the colors flip to normal in a message briefly before the message changes to the next one. VERY strange.

Yes I am seeing inverted colours as well, this is on a Nvidia GTX 970 with an LG Ultrawide monitor 2560x1080. I'm using the WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.pkg.

Safe mode is fine, only when booting with the nvidia driver.

--- Edit 

When shutting/rebooting down, the screen reverts to normal colouring.

Edited by tarasis, 22 August 2016 - 09:23 AM.

Doublepranks

Doublepranks

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Is there anybody else having trouble with setting Siri up? She's apologizing for trouble with connection, no clue what it is, here's a troubleshoot list of what I've already tried:

1 - Disable/Enable connection under System Preference
2 - Remove/Add connection
3 - Change DNS servers
4 - Reboot
5 - Disable/Enable Siri herself
6 - Update RTL drivers from 2.0 to 2.2

I'm sorry if I'm posting this to the wrong section I just think it doesn't deserve a thread of it's own but if an ADM thinks it should be put on a thread separately then I'll be more than happy to do it.

thanks

Pavo

Pavo

InsanelyMac Legend

• Developers
  • 544 posts

Is there anybody else having trouble with setting Siri up? She's apologizing for trouble with connection, no clue what it is, here's a troubleshoot list of what I've already tried:

1 - Disable/Enable connection under System Preference
2 - Remove/Add connection
3 - Change DNS servers
4 - Reboot
5 - Disable/Enable Siri herself
6 - Update RTL drivers from 2.0 to 2.2

I'm sorry if I'm posting this to the wrong section I just think it doesn't deserve a thread of it's own but if an ADM thinks it should be put on a thread separately then I'll be more than happy to do it.

thanks

This is completely off topic, has nothing to do with Nvidia web drivers and macOS 10.12

Doublepranks

Doublepranks

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

This is completely off topic, has nothing to do with Nvidia web drivers and macOS 10.12

if it's not asking too much would you make it into a thread of it's own, please? Otherwise just delete and I'll get the message, thanks.

BTW Public Beta 6 now available

Attached Files

sl0wtarget

sl0wtarget

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

MacPro 4,1 flashed to identify as 5,1. EVGA GTX970, not flashed.

I decided to bite the bullet on PB6, now on build 16A304a with "DP4 & PB3" version drivers from first post (later ones don't work). I'm seeing no visual errors or glitching (used RGB Venn seen at https://en.wikipedia...RGB_color_model ). The later drivers simply gave me a black screen although I find it odd that they have the same MD5 hash (6771efaa5d2e4b42f949ff8f47b574ee). Nonetheless the later drivers weren't working, go figure.

EDIT: DP7 & PB6 driver pkg has same MD5 hash still. I've not been prompted to update and all still works so I'm not going to try installing the package.

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 4,534 posts

The beta web driver has been updated to support the last build 16A304a (DP7 & PB6).

I deeply doubt there's a difference between all these beta driver releases but still.

Please, check the post #1.

Regards

Dontview

Dontview

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

is there any working Sierra beta 5 drivers for a GTX 970 ?

Yes, my GTX 970 is working with Sierra beta 1- 6 (PB).

asdesoso

asdesoso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Any news related to GT 610 in DP7/PB6?

Thanks.

cactus5552

cactus5552

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Yes, my GTX 970 is working with Sierra beta 1- 6 (PB).

i am using iMac 14,2 and I got the nvidia drivers for PB5.. but when OSX boots there is no QE/CI and my card does not get detected. Also i have no resolution options, i tried changing a few SMBIOS's but no luck. Right now i am using my HD 530 on my i7 6700. It works fine.   I do not have Inject Nvidia selected also in my clover config... any thoughts?

DevBoyLars

DevBoyLars

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Does the GTX 980ti work now in the latest Sierra Beta with the latest beta-driver?

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 4,534 posts

Does the GTX 980ti work now in the latest Sierra Beta with the latest beta-driver?

The best way is to test it yourself.  :)

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

It's been working since DP1 (and 10.11 of course).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nvidia web driver, updates, macOS, Sierra

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy