AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

Hi,

alcbeta+lilubetaall not working for ALC892 on macOS 10.14 Beta. I switch High Sierra layout-id=1 to 2, 5, 7 in Config.plist: nothing.

there is a solution, please. 

Edited by Matgen84

4 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi,

alcbeta+lilubetaall not working for ALC892 on macOS 10.14 Beta. I switch High Sierra layout-id=1 to 2, 5, 7 in Config.plist: nothing.

there is a solution, please. 

Try a fresh config. :)

Also, take a look at Helipilot2's post above: 

Maybe some of that can be applied to you.

It worked perfectly fine for me by simply switching the injection in Clover config from Layout ID 1 to Layout ID 2 or 5. It's most likely gonna work with any of the supported layouts according to the Wiki page I posted above.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Try a fresh config. :)

Also, take a look at Helipilot2's post above: 

Maybe some of that can be applied to you.

It worked perfectly fine for me by simply switching the injection in Clover config from Layout ID 1 to Layout ID 2 or 5. It's most likely gonna work with any of the supported layouts according to the Wiki page I posted above.

Hi

Thanks for your reply :)

It's a fresh install. 

I have already erased the EFI partition once and reinstall Clover without success. I'm going to restart.

Note: on macOS Mojave there is this message "Unsupported PCH". I don't understand why.

Edited by Matgen84

Guys, I have a curiosity about this whole "no sound in Mojave with older layout IDs" issue.

I was using Layout ID 1 ever since I started with my first hack. I never knew why 1. Why Layout ID 1. Now I started to understand more about it and actually I was always wondering why the hell do I have two "digital out" options with Layout ID 1. Funny is that my motherboard doesn't have Digital/Optical Output. So those were just options with no actual hardware to use. And it never bothered me.

Now, I'm curious, is there a way to tell exactly which of those available layouts is the right for your actual motherboard? 

10 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

Thanks for your reply :)

It's a fresh install. 

I have already erased the EFI partition once and reinstall Clover without success. I'm going to restart.

Note: on macOS Mojave there is this message "Unsupported PCH". I don't understand why.

That's a CLOVER issue. Update your Clover to at least version 4513.

You can try a newer build of Clover from here.

NOTE: Pay attention to the drivers section and only select the ones YOU KNOW are absolutely necessary FOR YOU. These unofficial builds (at least the ones downloaded from the git I gave you) have a lot more drivers than the official version. Choose carefully.

Or, if you want something close to stock, I can compile Clover now and give you another version which should be pretty much the same as the official one.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Guys, I have a curiosity about this whole "no sound in Mojave with older layout IDs" issue.

I was using Layout ID 1 ever since I started with my first hack. I never knew why 1. Why Layout ID 1. Now I started to understand more about it and actually I was always wondering why the hell do I have two "digital out" options with Layout ID 1. Funny is that my motherboard doesn't have Digital/Optical Output. So those were just options with no actual hardware to use. And it never bothered me.

Now, I'm curious, is there a way to tell exactly which of those available layouts is the right for your actual motherboard? 

That's a CLOVER issue. Update your Clover to at least version 4513.

You can try a newer build of Clover from here.

NOTE: Pay attention to the drivers section and only select the ones YOU KNOW are absolutely necessary FOR YOU. These unofficial builds (at least the ones downloaded from the git I gave you) have a lot more drivers than the official version. Choose carefully.

Or, if you want something close to stock, I can compile Clover now and give you another version which should be pretty much the same as the official one.

Thanks again :)

I use Clover r4517, compile with build_Clover.command script. 

Last test: only minimal kexts, alcbeta+lilubetaall not working for ALC892 on macOS 10.14 Beta, again. I switch High Sierra layout-id=1 to 2, 5: no succeed. I test voodooHDA: no problem but I prefer AppleALC (Headset, etc)

Mmmm...careful with VoodooHDA. You need a VANILA/STOCK AppleHDA kext in order for AppleALC to work.

If you used VoodooHDA, you need to uninstall it and revert to stock AppleHDA kext.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, arsradu said:

Mmmm...careful with VoodooHDA. You need a VANILA AppleHDA kext in order for AppleALC to work.

voodooHDA is just for testing. I've a vanilla AppleHDA.kext in orderer AppleALC to work.

Strange issue, indeed

AppleALC now behaves differently in regards to layout-id submission to AppleHDA. Please check the changelog out:

https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/blob/master/Changelog.md#v128

Be aware that it needs to be compiled from source, will not land very soon, and may require some changes in GPU Fixup kexts to work with their codecs. Test with caution.

Edited by vit9696
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

AppleALC now behaves differently in regards to layout-id submission to AppleHDA. Please check the changelog out:

Be aware that it needs to be compiled from source, will not land very soon, and may require some changes in GPU Fixup kexts to work with their codecs. Test with caution.

I'd say that worked out beautifully on ALC 1150. I'll test ALC 892 when I get home. But I'm pretty confident it will work, as well.

This is with Layout ID 1 (which didn't work before). Also tried Layout ID 5 (which DID work with release 1.2.7, as well). Both work fine with this build.

2094279786_ScreenShot2018-06-06at4_09_58PM.png.0035af6013f89a392377d624b9356801.png

Also, AppleALC 1.2.8 (for whoever wants to test it) attached.

Tested with Lilu v1.2.3 on both Mojito Beta and High Sierra.

AppleALC 1.2.8.zip

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, arsradu said:

I'd say that worked out beautifully on ALC 1150. I'll test ALC 892 when I get home. But I'm pretty confident it will work, as well.

This is with Layout ID 1 (which didn't work before). Also tried Layout ID 5 (which DID work with release 1.2.7, as well). Both work fine with this build.

2094279786_ScreenShot2018-06-06at4_09_58PM.png.0035af6013f89a392377d624b9356801.png

Also, AppleALC 1.2.8 (for whoever wants to test it) attached.

Tested with Lilu v1.2.3 on both Mojito Beta and High Sierra.

AppleALC 1.2.8.zip

Thanks.

How to use: I don't really understand changelog because my bad english.

boot-args to use?

Clover no inject Layout ?

Please

Just now, Matgen84 said:

Thanks.

How to use: I don't really understand changelog because my bad english.

boot-args to use?

Clover no inject Layout ?

Please

1. Make a backup of AppleALC 1.2.7

2. Replace it with AppleALC 1.2.8 (the one from my archive)

3. Inject a layout ID (I tried both LayoutID 1 and LayoutID5) in Clover config.

4. Add Boot Arguments: -lilubeta -alcbeta

5. Restart.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, arsradu said:

1. Make a backup of AppleALC 1.2.7

2. Replace it with AppleALC 1.2.8 (the one from my archive)

3. Inject a layout ID (I tried both LayoutID 1 and LayoutID5) in Clover config.

4. Add Boot Arguments: -lilubeta -alcbeta

5. Restart.

On Mojave, same issue both LayoutID 1 and 5. I will tried layoutID 2, 7 next time

On High Sierra, no more input/output system sound???? since macOS 10.13.5 perhaps... I downgrade to 1.2.7 or 1.2.6

Edited by Matgen84

6 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

On Mojave, same issue both LayoutID 1 and 5. I will tried layoutID 2, 7 next time

On High Sierra, no more input/output system sound???? since macOS 10.13.5 perhaps...

Try a fresh Config maybe...? Seems really weird that it doesn't work. I shared AppleALC kext with a friend of mine, and it works for him, as well. So...it seems really weird that it doesn't work for you.

Did you change anything with your AppleHDA....? Can you please, double check that you're using the stock one? This is important. Maybe extract it again from the installer app and make sure it's correctly copied into S/L/E? Just a suggestion. This is one reason why I don't mess with other kind of patches.

Edited by arsradu

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

Try a fresh Config maybe...? Seems really weird that it doesn't work. I shared AppleALC kext with a friend of mine, and it works for him, as well. So...it seems really weird that it doesn't work for you.

Did you change anything with your AppleHDA....? Can you please, double check that you're using the stock one? This is important. Maybe extract it again from the installer app and make sure it's correctly copied into S/L/E? Just a suggestion. This is one reason why I don't mess with other kind of patches.

I do that.

I use EFI/Clover/Kext/XX folder instead of S/L/E.

Thanks

Edit: all work fine on Mojave and High Sierra with your file (applealc 1.2.8) layoutID=1 as before. I think my files were badly compiled: I don't know why. Yet I copy well lilu before. 

Thanks again

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2018 at 4:51 PM, MacPeet said:

@mauritzius

The SSDT-HDEF-T470.dsl is nonsense. Delete this!
LayoutID inject in DSDT/HDEF is normal or in Clover´s config.plist.
With DSDT the LayoutID in Hex 2F = 47 Dec (without FixHDA in Clover)
without DSDT, Inject in Clover must be in Dec 47 (with FixHDA in Clover)

try in config.plist with CloverConfigurator:

- Section ACPI Fixes set FixHDA
- Devices section Audio Inject 47 (or other ID's)
- Section SystemParameters Inject Kexts to "YES"
- latest releases from Lilu and AppleALC to EFI/Clover/kexts/other/

restart

Maybe also:
- Section ACPI DSDT patches "HDAU to HDEF"

restart

Unfortunately, this didn't work. I'm attaching my clover.plist, I removed the SSDT-HDEF-T470. The other kexts I have currently installed are:

FakeSMC, Lilu, AppleALC, ACPIBatteryManager, AppleBacklightInjector, BrcmFirmwareData, BrcmPatchRAM2, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFI, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics, FakePCIID, IntelGraphicsFixup, IntelMausiEthernet, USBInjectAll and VoodooPS2Controller.

Could somebody have a look at my codec dump and confirm that either layout 47 or layout 29 (the other two Lenovo layouts) match? 

In the meantime, I tried every ALC298 layout and do not get any sound devices at all, which seems a bit strange to me?

EDIT: I don't know what I changed, but layout 29 at least makes sound devices available (layout 47 doesn't). However, internal speakers don't work (headphones not tested), the internal microphone works. So there is at least progress!

Thank you for your help!

codec_dump.txt

config.plist

Edited by mauritzius

1 hour ago, mauritzius said:

Unfortunately, this didn't work. I'm attaching my clover.plist, I removed the SSDT-HDEF-T470. The other kexts I have currently installed are:

FakeSMC, Lilu, AppleALC, ACPIBatteryManager, AppleBacklightInjector, BrcmFirmwareData, BrcmPatchRAM2, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFI, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics, FakePCIID, IntelGraphicsFixup, IntelMausiEthernet, USBInjectAll and VoodooPS2Controller.

Could somebody have a look at my codec dump and confirm that either layout 47 or layout 29 (the other two Lenovo layouts) match? 

In the meantime, I tried every ALC298 layout and do not get any sound devices at all, which seems a bit strange to me?

EDIT: I don't know what I changed, but layout 29 at least makes sound devices available (layout 47 doesn't). However, internal speakers don't work (headphones not tested), the internal microphone works. So there is at least progress!

Thank you for your help!

codec_dump.txt

config.plist

Is this with AppleALC 1.2.8?

56 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Is this with AppleALC 1.2.8?

Sorry, I didn't mention that: AppleALC 1.2.7 on 10.13.5.

I just tested with headphones: It switches properly to headphones and I can hear sound.

For the T470 to sum up:

layout 29 (originally for X270): only issue seems to be non-working internal speakers

layout 47 (originally for T470p): no sound devices detected at all

AppleALC.kext 1.2.8 stops working (10.14 beta), at least not with lauyout id "7". AppleALC.kext 1.2.7 worked perfectly.

System is a X299 with Realtek ALC S1220A Audio Controller. Has other hardware been added under "Layout-Id 7"?

11 hours ago, vit9696 said:

Does this mean we need to change SSDT/DSDT patches or clover config to alc-layout-id?

• Like 1

Think someone needs to explain this little more, because I changed layout-id to alc-layout-id in SSDT for HDEF device and this is what I get in IORegistry.

sDITTgL.png

alc-layout-id = 2

apple-layout-id = 7

layout-id = 7

#scratcheshead

Edited by Pavo
  • Like 2