Clover Theme Manager

blackosx

589 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

Good news. SF have now fixed ssh access and I've been able to remove the index.lock file. The server-side hooks on the repo are now working again and user theme contributions/changes etc. should now be reflected in the CloverThemeManager.

Bad news, things server-side are not very fast. Hopefully things will improve in time.

If anyone has tried using CloverThemeManager during the period of downtime to access any of the recently added themes; 3DGREY,Chamelia,CUBE,EyeCandy,Luxury2.0,Neon,Smooth,SmoothDark,iCUBE and iOSX then they will fail to be installed by CloverThemeManager. The CloverThemeManager log may show something like this:

Installing theme Chamelia to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/themes
Bare git clone of Chamelia already exists. Will checkout from that.
        Checking out bare git clone of Chamelia.
        checkout .: error: pathspec '.' did not match any file(s) known to git.
        checkout HEAD --: fatal: invalid reference: HEAD
        hash=
        Chamelia : Install : Fail

To rectify the issue, please open ~/Library/Application Support/CloverThemeManager and manually delete the .git directory for the theme that's failing and retry from CloverThemeManager.

Edited by blackosx
update
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, blackosx said:

If anyone has tried using CloverThemeManager during the period of downtime to access any of the recently added themes; 3DGREY,Chamelia,CUBE,EyeCandy,Luxury2.0,Neon,Smooth,SmoothDark,iCUBE and iOSX then they will fail to be installed by CloverThemeManager.

To rectify the issue, please open ~/Library/Application Support/CloverThemeManager and manually delete the .git directory for the theme that's failing and retry from CloverThemeManager.

Thanks for committing this, @blackosx :thumbsup_anim:

#EDIT: It works!

2rLdeaq.png

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 2

Thanks for confirming it works Badruzeus.

I tried rebuilding the server-side bare git clones from the back end but they either weren’t correct or I didn’t spot the need to delete the local version from the Application Support/CloverThemeManager directory first so ended up forcing the scripts to rebuild the bare git clones by adding a file to each theme with that last commit. I forgot to delete those force.txt files from the themes so feel free to delete them. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Thanks for confirming it works Badruzeus.

I tried rebuilding the server-side bare git clones from the back end but they either weren’t correct or I didn’t spot the need to delete the local version from the Application Support/CloverThemeManager directory first so ended up forcing the scripts to rebuild the bare git clones by adding a file to each theme with that last commit. I forgot to delete those force.txt files from the themes so feel free to delete them. 

I previously thought that I need to git rm then git add them (my uploaded themes when on SF issue) again to be indexed by CTM. Glad to know you've fixed this issue..

Edited by Badruzeus

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The app has been updated to v0.76.7 and it's available as an update. Please let me know of any issues.

Changes:
- Change check for theme repository.
- Add extra debug for installed git.
- Update Sparkle framework.

Download is now also available in first post.

• Like 5

I can't install any theme in Mojave.... No error on setting up Theme Manager, but when I click Install on a certain theme, it just says downloading forever and ever... Could be my mistake, could be a bug, could be something specific with Mojave... I don't know. I was just wondering if I'm the only one with this issue.

3 minutes ago, arsradu said:

I can't install any theme in Mojave.... No error on setting up Theme Manager, but when I click Install on a certain theme, it just says downloading forever and ever... Could be my mistake, could be a bug, could be something specific with Mojave... I don't know. I was just wondering if I'm the only one with this issue.

Is Git installed, or XCode CLT?

7 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Is Git installed, or XCode CLT?

Not sure about Git.... But if it were a setup issue, shouldn't it throw an error on first launch...? I mean, for as far as I know, this is where git is configured. It passed everything with flying colours there. So...I'm not sure it's because of that.

Xcode CLT is installed, for sure, since I compiled Clover with it.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Not sure about Git.... But if it were a setup issue, shouldn't it throw an error on first launch...? I mean, for as far as I know, this is where git is configured. It passed everything with flying colours there. So...I'm not sure it's because of that.

Xcode CLT is installed, for sure, since I compiled Clover with it.

I just did a test, glad to know that I have same issue as yours with CloverThemeManager.app v0.76.7 under 10.14 Beta.

Git v2.17.1 & Xcode Command Line Tools are installed, app running just fine, themes list loaded, but am unable to download any theme from repo. Same result if using VPN, ping sourceforge.net gives no issue with server.

CloverThemeManagerLog.zip

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 11.07.12.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 11.29.00.png

#EDIT: But I got a warning with app compatibility on it's 1st launch. The process is stuck at downloading and never finished.

Edited by Badruzeus

1 minute ago, Badruzeus said:

I just did a test, glad to know that I have same issue as yours with CloverThemeManager.app v0.76.7 under 10.14 Beta.

Git v2.17.1 & Xcode Command Line Tools are installed, app running just fine, themes list loaded, but am unable to download any theme from repo. Same result if using VPN, ping sourceforge.net gives no issue with server.

CloverThemeManagerLog.zip

Yeep. That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Now, as the warning says "software is not optimised and needs to be updated". :) Indeed it does.

Well, to be honest, many apps showed me this warning. And I'm sure it will disappear once they get updated.

What's weird is that it doesn't seem to throw any error when you're trying to download the theme. 

The only error I could find was this:

Error!. /Users/badruzeus/Library/Application Support/CloverThemeManager/theme.html not found

And I'm not sure it has anything to do with the actual issue.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, arsradu said:

The only error I could find was this:

Error!. /Users/badruzeus/Library/Application Support/CloverThemeManager/theme.html not found

And I'm not sure it has anything to do with the actual issue.

Uhmmb, is it actually an error? For me it looks like just warning. On 1st launch the app doesn't have this file, but created later.

1 minute ago, Badruzeus said:

Uhmmb, is it actually an error? For me it looks like just warning. On 1st launch the app doesn't have this file, but created later.

Yeah, well it's labeled as an "error". :)) That's why I said it probably/most likely doesn't have anything to do with the actual issue.

But yeah, if this is an issue only with Mojave, as I think it is, there is plenty of time to fix it. After all, this is only the first Beta.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blackosx said:

I have not conducted thorough tests but CloverThemeManager seems to be working in Mojave Beta 2 (18A314h).

Still occurs for me. Only this time, after a while, I also get an error.

Screenshot 2018-06-20 at 07.26.35.png

Screenshot 2018-06-20 at 07.27.10.png

Installing theme BeautyDark to /Volumes/ctmTempMpcOR9142k3/EFI/Clover/themes
        Creating a bare git clone of BeautyDark
        Install git clone: Cloning into bare repository 'BeautyDark.git'...
remote: Counting objects: 121, done.        
error: RPC failed; curl 18 transfer closed with outstanding read data remaining
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: protocol error: bad pack header
        BeautyDark : Install : Fail
        Sending UI: Fail@Install@BeautyDark

UPDATE:

Did a Clean CloverThemeManager and now it works. :) 

Screenshot 2018-06-20 at 07.33.10.png

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

@blackosx, I'm still stuck at connecting to the repository...on the work build (10.13.6). I'm pretty sure it will work just fine at home. But still stuck here. Probably proxy issues. Probably something else... I have Xcode installed so I'm pretty sure this is not a matter of git etc etc etc

Also, does https://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes work for anyone? Cause it's a blank page for me.

Log attached.

CloverThemeManagerLog.txt

Edited by arsradu

The following command is failing at your end:

git ls-remote git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes

Works here:

$ git ls-remote git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes
7ff9d5d90db7319188e97343d915e42998852406	HEAD
7ff9d5d90db7319188e97343d915e42998852406	refs/heads/master

Maybe a network issue your end, but essentially, once you get this working in Terminal then the app will be fine.

BTW, here's a new build (0.76.8b) which now responds to Mojave's dark mode.

CloverThemeManager.zip

Edited by blackosx
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, blackosx said:

The following command is failing at your end:

Works here:

$ git ls-remote git://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes
7ff9d5d90db7319188e97343d915e42998852406	HEAD
7ff9d5d90db7319188e97343d915e42998852406	refs/heads/master

Maybe a network issue your end, but essentially, once you get this working in Terminal then the app will be fine.

BTW, here's a new build (0.76.8b) which now responds to Mojave's dark mode.

CloverThemeManager.zip

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the issue is related to my network here. I can test this at home, as well, same build, same everything, and I'm pretty sure it will work just fine. I was just thinking maybe there is a workaround for it.

The command above times out on my end:

fatal: unable to connect to git.code.sf.net:
git.code.sf.net[0: 216.105.38.16]: errno=Operation timed out

However, switching to https instead of git, seems to be working:

git ls-remote https://git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes
7ff9d5d90db7319188e97343d915e42998852406 HEAD
7ff9d5d90db7319188e97343d915e42998852406 refs/heads/master

Can I switch from the git URL to a HTTP URL? Where is this part set?

I'm pretty sure the git port is blocked. But the https one is not. So..this could be a valid workaround. Also...would it be possible to switch to https by default...? Or...attempt connecting via https if git fails at this point...? I don't know. I'm just saying.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1