Clover Theme Manager

blackosx

589 posts in this topic

Why not back up your EFI folder (anyway this is automatically done), and after re-run the installer copy it back (before rebooting off course). You have to install the prefpanel, and rc scripts just to be sure they are workingl. Usually the installer auto enable options previously selected, but this happen only if you are targeting the same OSX partition you used the last time (if still exist)

Hi All,

I installed Clover Theme Manager on OS X 10.11.3 El Capitan (legacy mode) but on the bottom of the application window warning appears:

"Launch Daemon & RC scripts not operational. Direct NVRAM will not be retained next boot. Clover Run Installer to fix."

It can be a problem? What should I do to rectify this situation?

Thanks in advance

As far as I see the problem is "scripts" not installed. Logically say to reinstall them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Slice

This was talked about two years ago and yes, I think it's a good plan. The app can be called from the command line to download and install a theme from the theme repo.

One thing though, I believe CloverThemeManager requires updating to work under macOS Sierra. I haven't tried it recently but this needs to be checked first. i will take a look soon.

Hi Slice

This was talked about two years ago and yes, I think it's a good plan. The app can be called from the command line to download and install a theme from the theme repo.

One thing though, I believe CloverThemeManager requires updating to work under macOS Sierra. I haven't tried it recently but this needs to be checked first. i will take a look soon.

+10000

And then I need your help to modify the package scripts.

ok. precompiled or builted from source?

The package is in Clover repo but I have а vague idea of its structure.

CloverThemeManager can be downloaded binary with every package create.

Can the manager be started during Clover installation?

Can the manager be started during Clover installation?

It's a program and have its main() function, so yes can be started... but will be unusable since during the installation each program invoked run as root:

as any other app CTM save some stuff in "~/Library/Preferences" and in "~/Library/Applications Support". So running as root those files will be written to "/var/root/Library/Preferences" and in "/var/root/Library/Applications Support". Really not a good idea IMHO. Also CTM need some time to download the git index the first time you use it.

Is not enough install it to /Applications or in /Applications/Utilities?

Forgot to mention that need git installed.. (but I think can be embed in the app)..

• Like 2

Probably git is provided with Xcode.

But yes, users of Clover Package may have not Xcode as well as git.

For those users we give three themes embedded.

OK, I understand. The Manager will be just an application in the package.

• Like 1

EDIT

I'm ready with all the changes:

======================== Themes ========================
	[BUILD] BGM
	[BUILD] bootcamp
	[BUILD] metal
	[BUILD] CloverThemeManager
================= drivers64 mandatory ==================

..testing..

Done!

• create the directory "~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/CloverThemeManager" and copy the app inside:CloverThemeManager.app.zip
  • replace "~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/package/buildpkg.sh" with this: buildpkg.sh.zip
  • replace "~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/package/Resources/templates/Localizable.strings" with this (may you want a different description..): Localizable.strings.zip
  • if you like the description, replace also "~/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/package/po/it.po" with this: it.po.zip
  • Remove excess themes (all you like with no problems).

result:

post-674334-0-97411300-1475182853_thumb.png

Tested and working  :D

EDIT

with only one theme here is 11,9 Mb (CTM adds 1.8 Mb to the package). 11,5 Mb compresed :lol:

• Like 5

Here works well:

attachicon.gifSenza titolo.png

Okay. Thanks for checking.

I will need to update the Clover revision detection as I have done with DarwinDumper and I'll also check over the app anyway.

Tested and working  :D

^^ Good job. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

Maybe the installed app can be unzipped? Something link this is buildpkg.sh line #794 ?

ditto --noextattr --noqtn "$CTM_Dir"  \
     "${PKG_BUILD_DIR}/${choiceId}/Root/${CTM_Dest}"/ && \
     unzip "${PKG_BUILD_DIR}/${choiceId}/Root/${CTM_Dest}"/CloverThemeManager.app.zip -d "${PKG_BUILD_DIR}/${choiceId}/Root/${CTM_Dest}" && \
     rm "${PKG_BUILD_DIR}/${choiceId}/Root/${CTM_Dest}"/CloverThemeManager.app.zip
As this installs CloverThemeManager as root,

drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel   102 30 Sep 08:28 CloverThemeManager.app
Will that affect update ability with Sparkle? I've not tested but just thinking out loud.
  • Like 1

?

Sep 30 11:33:13 Sergeys-iMac installd[39953]: PackageKit: Executing script "./preinstall" in /private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.ywxfmR/Scripts/org.clover.efifolder.ZJYlsY
Sep 30 11:33:13 Sergeys-iMac installd[39953]: ./preinstall: ===============================================
Sep 30 11:33:13 Sergeys-iMac installd[39953]: ./preinstall: EFIFolder Pre-Install Script
Sep 30 11:33:13 Sergeys-iMac installd[39953]: ./preinstall: ===============================================
Sep 30 11:33:13 Sergeys-iMac installd[39953]: ./preinstall: preinstall: Path to installer....... /Users/slice/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/sym/Clover_v2.3k_r3775.pkg
Sep 30 11:33:13 Sergeys-iMac installd[39953]: ./preinstall: preinstall: Path to destination..... /EFIROOTDIR
Sep 30 11:33:13 Sergeys-iMac installd[39953]: ./preinstall: preinstall: Path to dest volume..... /
Sep 30 11:33:13 Sergeys-iMac installd[39953]: ./preinstall: preinstall: Root of system folder... /
Sep 30 11:33:13 Sergeys-iMac diskmanagementd[39938]: DM ->T+[DMToolBootPreference getPartitionBootability:]: inUDS=0x105a9dc30=disk0s3=MacHD
Sep 30 11:33:14 Sergeys-iMac diskmanagementd[39938]: DM ..T+[DMToolBootPreference getPartitionBootability:]: PMBootable=1            (bootable right now without any further action)
Sep 30 11:33:14 Sergeys-iMac diskmanagementd[39938]: DM ..T+[DMToolBootPreference getPartitionBootability:]: PMBootCapable=0         (bootable if you call MKCFPrepareBootDevice)
Sep 30 11:33:14 Sergeys-iMac diskmanagementd[39938]: DM ..T+[DMToolBootPreference getPartitionBootability:]: PMBootSurgeryRequired=0 (for primitive MBR on BIOS, add boot block and loader)
Sep 30 11:33:14 Sergeys-iMac diskmanagementd[39938]: DM ..T+[DMToolBootPreference getPartitionBootability:]: PMFSSurgeryRequired=0   (for primitive MBR on BIOS, add boot block and loader) 
Sep 30 11:33:14 Sergeys-iMac diskmanagementd[39938]: DM ..T+[DMToolBootPreference getPartitionBootability:]: PMNewfsRequired=0       (bootable with MKCFPrep but it will rudely carve)
Sep 30 11:33:14 Sergeys-iMac diskmanagementd[39938]: DM <-T+[DMToolBootPreference getPartitionBootability:]: MKerr=0 out=4=0x4
Sep 30 11:33:14 Sergeys-iMac installd[39953]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Clover_v2.3k_r3775.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7f991aa26e40 {NSFilePath=./preinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/slice/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/sym/Clover_v2.3k_r3775.pkg#EFIFolder.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=org.clover.efifolder, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Clover_v2.3k_r3775.pkg”.} {
	    NSFilePath = "./preinstall";
	    NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cClover_v2.3k_r3775.pkg\U201d.";
	    NSURL = "file://localhost/Users/slice/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/sym/Clover_v2.3k_r3775.pkg#EFIFolder.pkg";
	    PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "org.clover.efifolder";
	}
Sep 30 11:33:14 Sergeys-iMac Installer[39935]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Clover_v2.3k_r3775.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7fb3522e40f0 {NSFilePath=./preinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/slice/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/sym/Clover_v2.3k_r3775.pkg#EFIFolder.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=org.clover.efifolder, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Clover_v2.3k_r3775.pkg”.}
Sep 30 11:33:14 Sergeys-iMac Installer[39935]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Sep 30 11:33:14 Sergeys-iMac Installer[39935]: IFDInstallController 5224B990 state = 7
Sep 30 11:33:14 Sergeys-iMac Installer[39935]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Sep 30 11:33:14 Sergeys-iMac Installer[39935]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

Oops! 

I forgot to umount ESP!

All if fine!

• Like 1

Okay. Thanks for checking.

I will need to update the Clover revision detection as I have done with DarwinDumper and I'll also check over the app anyway.

^^ Good job. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

Maybe the installed app can be unzipped? Something link this is buildpkg.sh line #794 ?

ditto --noextattr --noqtn "$CTM_Dir"  \
     "${PKG_BUILD_DIR}/${choiceId}/Root/${CTM_Dest}"/ && \
     unzip "${PKG_BUILD_DIR}/${choiceId}/Root/${CTM_Dest}"/CloverThemeManager.app.zip -d "${PKG_BUILD_DIR}/${choiceId}/Root/${CTM_Dest}" && \
     rm "${PKG_BUILD_DIR}/${choiceId}/Root/${CTM_Dest}"/CloverThemeManager.app.zip
As this installs CloverThemeManager as root,

drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel   102 30 Sep 08:28 CloverThemeManager.app
Will that affect update ability with Sparkle? I've not tested but just thinking out loud.

Hi blackosx  :),

as you wish but sparkle framenwork is really strong... that solve this problem for Us as already tested yesterday:

post-674334-0-91802800-1475248236_thumb.png

:thumbsup_anim: (is ok?)

@Slice, blackosx:

remind that only binaries compiled by blackosx should be used since the app is code signed with a private certificate (owned only by blackosx) that allow each CTM app around the world to receive updates only signed by blackosx.

(since is opensource, everyone can sign its onw version but not receive updates from blackosx, plus also no malware is downloaded from a possible unknown & malicious developer)

I can keep the app in the repo already unzipped?!

I think an /Application path is better then  /Application/Utilities as last one is for Apple only.

Please then correct also the description in "it.po" to "/Applications" instead of "/Applications/Utilities"