[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,898 posts in this topic

:)

c'est quand même plus agréable d'avoir le CPU au frais quand il n'est pas sollicité  ( 38 °C idle valeur bios à 4,4 Ghz) et d'avoir toute la puissance nécéssaire quand on sollicite le CPU même si la valeur est fausse pour certain CPU , il n'y a aucun impact sur l'audio . :) 

it's still nicer to have the CPU cool when it is not stressed (38 ° C idle bios value to 4.4 Ghz) and have the necessary power when the CPU requests even if the value is false for some CPU, there is no impact on the audio. :) 

Hi folks, we need urgently a solution to the problem with Stuck on [iOBluetoothHCIController [searchForTransportEventTimeOuthandler] - Missing Bluetooth Controller transport! with Nvidia Graphics card.
otherwise it looks very bleak to make a clean install of 10.10.5 last build !! At the present time I have doubts that El Capitan will start on AMD hackintosh, unless we resolve the issue.

What I've tried so far:

• BIOS Settings: Virtualization: [Enabled] changed to [Disabled], which did nothing
  • DSDT patched GFX0 to IGFX, that did nothing.
  • Boot -s

mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mkdir intel_back
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
touch ../ExtensionsReboot -v

• deleted the Nvidia Graphics drivers from /S/L/Extensions/ , that did nothing.
  • booted with nv_disable=1, which did nothing.

if anyone has any ideas to work around the problem, then report here.

20150824_205711.jpg

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

Thanks to sergey001, this user gave me this matching Note:
"clean install 10.10.5 normally passes if replace kext AppleMobileFileIntegrity.kext from 10.10.4. Haven't run many programs, helped replace/usr/libexec/amfid"

Since I had made already changes files in /usr/libexec/ and in /usr/lbin/ , I made replaced the AppleMobileFileIntegrity.kext from Yosemite 10.10 dp7  and repaired the permissions and renewed the cache, unfortunately with the same resulat, with stuck in: IOBLuetooth ...
Then I replaced "AppleKextExcludeList.kext" and "AppleKeyStore.kext" from 10.10 dp7, repaired the permissions and renewed the cache, and gave the perlinked code in terminal, re-started my system .... we are back !. Yosemite 10.10.5 Build 14F27a boots with these litle changes!

Tested the contents of the package with a clean install 10.10.5 Build 14F27A.

package 10.10.5.zip

• Like 4

Thanks to sergey001, this user gave me this matching Note:

"clean install 10.10.5 normally passes if replace kext AppleMobileFileIntegrity.kext from 10.10.4. Haven't run many programs, helped replace/usr/libexec/amfid"

Since I had made already changes files in /usr/libexec/ and in /usr/lbin/ , I made replaced the AppleMobileFileIntegrity.kext from Yosemite 10.10 dp7  and repaired the permissions and renewed the cache, unfortunately with the same resulat, with stuck in: IOBLuetooth ...

Then I replaced "AppleKextExcludeList.kext" and "AppleKeyStore.kext" from 10.10 dp7, repaired the permissions and renewed the cache, and gave the perlinked code in terminal, re-started my system .... we are back !. Yosemite 10.10.5 Build 14F27a boots with these litle changes!

Tested the contents of the package with a clean install 10.10.5 Build 14F27A.

Screw clean install. Just tested your method on an upgrade from 14F9a and SUCCESS. Thank you, you are the BEST!

• Like 1

I used unchanged 10.10.5 build 14f27a. But you can also use your current version. Please make a backup.

Edit:

Yosemite 10.10.5 Build 14F27a works flawlessly so far, would anyone have made a different experience, so write your experience here

Edited by spakk

I used unchanged 10.10.5 build 14f27a. But you can also use your current version. Please make a backup.

Edit:

Yosemite 10.10.5 Build 14F27a works flawlessly so far, would anyone have made a different experience, so write your experience here

There is no kernel in this package. May i know what we need to do while using this package files on 10.10.5?

There is no kernel in this package. May i know what we need to do while using this package files on 10.10.5?

the package 10.10.5 includes only the System drivers and files required for the clean installation of Yosemite 10.10.5 current build 14F27a

using one of these kernels:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285580-database-of-current-working-amd-kernels/page-4?do=findComment&comment=2165205

or

Create a USB Installer, replacing the content in the package 10.10.5 with the system drivers in S/L/Extensions and install the current Build of Yosemiten on your HDD / or partition.

After successful installation, you must replace the contents of the package with S/L/Extensions, this should be logical. ^_^

Edited by spakk

Will try update on test clone on test partition later when I'm at home and will report results ;)

I have installed this night on a clean install, it runs fine .... I hope that will run on any AMD hackintosh.
... letters of complaint, please contact Apple :D

Edit:
Hi folks, what is it? has it not working? if not, then describes the supposed problem.
Edited by spakk

Hi folks, what is it? has it not working? if not, then describes the supposed problem.

I have just installed 10.10.5 on my PC - clean USB Flash installation with your kernel and replaced files from archive "package 10.10.5.zip".

I had been able to boot from USB only with kernel flags "-f -x nv_disable=1" (with other flags, of course, like kext-dev-mode=1, npci=0x2000, etc.).

Without that flags my videocard doesn't work and kernels (several for 10.10.4 and your last with 10.10.5) stuck on "[iOBluetoothHCIController [searchForTransportEventTimeOuthandler]" - Missing Bluetooth Controller transport".

I tried several days to combine parameters for video, delete AppleIntelF/H* kexts, other problematic kexts - but without success.

In safe mode with nv_disable=1 kernel have booted and I have finished 10.10.5 installation.

But even in safe mode after stage "[iOBluetoothHCIController [searchForTransportEventTimeOuthandler]" there is a pause about 5-7 minutes, after that kernel continues to boot in safe video mode.

At first start after installation during configuring OS I have had "No HPETs found" kernel panic three times and have added NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to S/L/E. 

After that OS booted and I have installed NVidia Web drivers for 10.10.5. Now I am trying to combine parameters to boot OS with that drivers (with no luck for moment).

have you changed after clean install the system drivers and the file in directory /usr/ again? and 

test it with Bronya's last amd kernel, too.

other case use the system drivers from version 10.10.4, instead of my package.

day before yesterday, after I installed the WebDriver for 10.10.5, my org.chameleon.boot.plist been completely overwritten. The contents were completely changed. check your org.chamelen.boot.plist and testr with nvda_drv = 1

have you changed after clean install the system drivers and the file in directory /usr/ again? and 

test it with Bronya's last amd kernel, too.

other case use the system drivers from version 10.10.4, instead of my package.

Yes, of course, I have changed files in installed system too - I have 10.10.1, installed in VMWare under Win10 and separate SSD with 10.10.5 is attached to VMWare, so I can do what I want with new system from working one.

Now video works with NVidia Webdrivers (kernel flags are just "kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1"), but after every reboot videodriver switched to standard MacOS videodriver and I need to switch driver to NVidia again.

As I remember, this setting stored in nvram, so I need working NVRam. But when I try to enable NVRam module in Chameleon/Enoch, it halts during boot with "Memory allocation error". 

What can I do to fix this error?

And I have strange freezes with some programs, KextWizard, for example, or with Desktop applet is System settings. Google Chrome has such freezes too, and Safari sometimes.

Will test other kernels later.

Which bootloader do you use? I use Enoch bootloader, use the latest version
edit /usr/standalone/BootCaches.plist see details of pikeralpha: https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/06/04/os-x-10-10-yosemite-DP1-kernel cache /

<key>Preferred Compression</key>
    <string>lzvn</string>
</dict>

in 

<key>Preferred Compression</key>
    <string>lzss</string>
</dict>

and delete FileNVRAM in folder /Extra/modules/

test with: -v -f kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 (or npci=0x3000) UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No PCIrootUID=0 or 1

PS: I'm still on work, i will report later
I mean that could be the cause of memory allocation error

My OS X install didn't like Windows changing the files after the update with TransMac and is now broken. Currently making temporary boot device to fix. Only replace file before the update was pthread.kext 

Will report back when up and running again :)

My OS X install didn't like Windows changing the files after the update with TransMac and is now broken. Currently making temporary boot device to fix. Only replace file before the update was pthread.kext 

Will report back when up and running again :)

pthread.kext I have taken from 10.10.5 build 14f27a not from package 10.10.4. I have installed only the drivers and a file from the package. on Windows operating systems you can use MacDrive to repair the partition / or to repair the disk permissions. Although MacDrive can be tricky, I think MacDrive will repair the partition.

Edit:

has anyone successfully installed and can confirm this?
Gils, could you try? if so, with what result? please

Hi

pthread.kext normally corresponds to the version of kernel version for not having opemu mistake, maybe our problem is here blocking the normal boot, remains whether the 10.10.5 version uses a kernel Darwin 14.4 or 14.5 if that would explain our problem starting on 10.10.5 without the proper kernel version now, we should try to see the use of kernel version 14.3 pthread.kext 10.10.3 / 4, even if the error opemu disappeared, pthread can generate other problems that we do not know yet. :)

in fact, as you've described above with pthread.kext. But what experience have you done with Clean Install 10.10.5 Build 14F27a?

Then, I use 10.10.4 10.10.5 Extensions to the version for testing but does not work as I want, I noticed significant slowdowns when decoding H264 / H265 for the higher versions 10.10.0 for comfort, I stayed on the version 10.10 (14A389) that by far the best version of all versions Yosemite then I met some corrupted sectors of HDD problems 3 times forced me to format the partition Yo 10.10. 5, I made a copy on another HDD and I will resume testing.
I also work on OS X installation procedure PC AMD without distro without virtual machine paritr a windows 8 or 10 (without BDU), only with an OS X version of AppStore :).
Also on the way to install El Capitan PC AMD without AMD opemu patched kernel (it is very easy to do on the public beta), I expect GM to confirm, in cases booting El Capitan without patched kernel will impossible.
  • Like 1

Volume was unable to repair. I'm currently backing up and will try a clean fresh install of 10.10.5 from the AppStore using your package.

I have used the Yosemite HD app by chris1111 to install Yosemite 10.10.5 on my external HDD, no idea if that makes a difference? ^_^

Then, I use 10.10.4 10.10.5 Extensions to the version for testing but does not work as I want, I noticed significant slowdowns when decoding H264 / H265 for the higher versions 10.10.0 for comfort, I stayed on the version 10.10 (14A389) that by far the best version of all versions Yosemite then I met some corrupted sectors of HDD problems 3 times forced me to format the partition Yo 10.10. 5, I made a copy on another HDD and I will resume testing.
I also work on OS X installation procedure PC AMD without distro without virtual machine paritr a windows 8 or 10 (without BDU), only with an OS X version of AppStore :).
Also on the way to install El Capitan PC AMD without AMD opemu patched kernel (it is very easy to do on the public beta), I expect GM to confirm, in cases booting El Capitan without patched kernel will impossible.

Do basically any tests on running operating system! then nothing can happen. Make tests only on a Test HDD l!

because this nonsense I made a few weeks ago, which has given me so much time to reinstall everything tasted. Test in the future only on an external HDD.

That's right, everything you have written Gils, ...... but come back to the topic. I can not understand that only my system works with clean install 14F27a ???? .... I do not understand now.???

Currently installing vanilla 10.10.5 from USB using Spakk's kernel and package

uploadfromtaptalk1442436386816.jpg

Edit:

Now installed. Only changes made were files in Spakk's package and his 10.10.3 kernel and of course kexts needed for system to boot in E/E ( Didn't replace pthread.kext ;) )

:thumbsup_anim:

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 22.21.05.png

• Like 2