[GUIDE] Install Mavericks/Yosemite on Sony VAIO S (2012) -and other UEFI capable VAIOs-

midi-sama

476 posts in this topic

Hmmm, weird, are you booting from USB3.0 ? (use 2.0)

I'm available in chat section if you need help for now

It was boot from an USB 2 port.

Actually I did not some tweaks in following the procedure. I first followed the steps in making the USB sticks as a 2 partition MBR but it won't boot. It seems that that the ASSIST key on my Sony  VPCSE does not work. I flashed the BIOS to get advanced menu. It does not have Boot Mode option, instead, it has a "UEFI Boot" option, which I enabled. But still could not make the USB stick to boot. I am not sure wether enabling UEFI BOOT means that the machine will be booted into UEFI mode. It seems not.

I googled and found another way to prepare the Clover USB (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-guides/125632-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html). This way I could only have the Legacy option to be bootable. I then copied all the Kexts in your Clover.zip to the /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other, but then run into the "Still Waiting for Root Device" there

It seems the major problem is that I cannot boot the USB prepared following your instruction. Probably it is because Vaio VPCSE is not booted in UEFI mode. 

Well that's something different, dude, i got a non UEFI PC guide, not easy tho, but works, I would like to post it here, but Im not sure if it will work, but if you want I'll make in these comming days.

AND, looks like you went to tonymacx86 site and used their guides, and Im sorry to inform you that the rules here forbid the usage of any tool from there (and any guide that includes it) so please, if you think that they will help you more ask there, but we wont help you, OR ask here, and dont use their tools, and we will help you with anything you need, hope I was clear and good luck :D

And btw, if you comapre the folder arrangement I have in clover.zip, it's really different than their's, cuz I made mine and I kept onlt the important files and folders.

Midi Thanks for all the work, almost everything works perfect (dual OS X and Windows). The only thing I couldn't do is run the screen brightness, because does not change: /. But it's one thing I do not care much. haha.

Again , thank you.
  • Like 1

Midi Thanks for all the work, almost everything works perfect (dual OS X and Windows). The only thing I couldn't do is run the screen brightness, because does not change: /. But it's one thing I do not care much. haha.

Again , thank you.

No problem :D for the brightness just apply Brighness HD4000 on DSDT and install ACPIBacklight, i don't know your specific key combinaison for that, but you can change the brightness in Preferences > Display ;)

• Like 1

@midi

Why do you have to rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfwA.efi

Sony's UEFI firmware have locked boot order:

1) bootmgfw.efi

2) bootx64.efi

3) grubx64.efi or whatever is put third with efibootmgr (a binary in linux that controls boot orders)

So, I renamed it to bootmgfwA.efi (you can rename it whatever you want, just remember to remember what you renamed it) and added it to Clover's config, same thing applies to grubx64.efi, sometimes the firmware skips the bootx64.efi (because it's the third option now because linux install changed the order) and boots grubx64.efi, so renaming it and doing the same steps as bootmgfw.efi will force the firmware to boot clover.

But! If you Upgrade Windows to another version OR used the Repair Boot Utility, you'll need to rename the file again, and dont just remove bootmgfw.efi you'll find (cuz you'll find bootmgfwA.efi there, windows wont remove it) remove the bootmgfwA.efi then rename the other, same appies to grub2, if you update grup, this may happen also.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey great work dude but m not getiing QE/CI plz help !

i Have intel HD 4000 and Radeon HD 7650m :)

Step 4) : Have you chosen your card? (AMD will not work, better disable it :) ) and follow Allan's link if this doesn't work, in HVT you'll find two patches for HD4000 (forget about the one with Series 6), choose the one that suites your screen resolution :)

• Like 1

Forgot to answer :blush: well it didnt work <_<. I renamed back all files, and rebooted, booted to windows as expected, configured EasyUEFI and added grub first, noting happened, still windows, tried clover instead of grub, same! I donno if its me or my FW is really that hard to unlock!

Forgot to answer :blush: well it didnt work <_<. I renamed back all files, and rebooted, booted to windows as expected, configured EasyUEFI and added grub first, noting happened, still windows, tried clover instead of grub, same! I donno if its me or my FW is really that hard to unlock!

Then it's the same as other Sony Vaio I guess. Other laptops such as Dell, Asus, Lenovo, HP and Acer works, but not Sony Vaio

TYPE: Sony VAIO E Series (2012)

MODEL: SVE15127CNB
VIDEO: Intel HD4000 and AMD Radeon HD 7650m
PROCESSOR: Ivy Bridge Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz
ETHERNET: Picked up as Realtek 8168
WIRELESS: Atheros WB225 ((AR9485 & AR3012 WiFi/Bluetooth combo) (Bluetooth detected on the card only)) 
AUDIO: Intel HD
OS X Yosemite(10.10)

its showing this, but m getting resolution 1366x768 but no QE/CI !

and graphic is lagging n slow and help me with audio !

AMD Radeon HD 7650M Series 4 MB

I've installed using clover 3113, it says radeonsensor still waiting for accelerator to start !
plz help :(

plz can i have ur file