[GUIDE] Install Mavericks/Yosemite on Sony VAIO S (2012) -and other UEFI capable VAIOs-

midi-sama

476 posts in this topic

For me I got it using real SNs from a real Mac (not working now, I got to wait some time to log in, 4 days :o )

Ehiii!!!!

First of all, thank you for wonderful guide which led me to the mac world. Your warmness is even here, Korea. :)

I could get yosemite on my old SVS13A series without any big matter. Even I'm not so good at English!!

But there's one thing I still have in problem. I can't adjust my brightness.

It works on display, I mean it shows adjustment window and the bar moves as well, but it don't change real brightness.

And I'm quite sure I was quite faithful to your guide. Help me finding out this!!

You should apply those in this order: (for the Renaming begin with GFX0 first then PCI0.GFX0)

Screenshot%202015-01-21%2018.06.02.png?d

And you are very welcomed :)

• Like 1

For me I got it using real SNs from a real Mac (not working now, I got to wait some time to log in, 4 days :o )

You should apply those in this order: (for the Renaming begin with GFX0 first then PCI0.GFX0)

Screenshot%202015-01-21%2018.06.02.png?d

And you are very welcomed :)

thank you for reply but when I tried what you said, I got struck with this :

http://cfile29.uf.tistory.com/original/217A764954C0E9C22B5653  (insaleymac says I can't use this kind of image directly lol)

And thanks again :)

hey I've used clover auto patched n i got all working smoothly even brightness :)

Basic backlight control can be enabled with the simple PNLF patch (AddPNLF in Clover "Fixes"), but the result is not optimal.

Basic backlight control can be enabled with the simple PNLF patch (AddPNLF in Clover "Fixes"), but the result is not optimal.

Should we able to see some patches meant for AMD/Nvidia discreted GPU in the future ? Like for AMD: framebuffer injection, name etc... and Nvidia, some troublesome GPUs need patched DSDT to make the LVDS work

Should we able to see some patches meant for AMD/Nvidia discreted GPU in the future ? Like for AMD: framebuffer injection, name etc... and Nvidia, some troublesome GPUs need patched DSDT to make the LVDS work

I have no nvidia/AMD hardware (and no plans to purchase any), so it won't be coming from me.

As u all said I've patched my native DSDT with the following:

1.Audio (layout-id 3)

2.IRQ Fix

3.TNOT Fix

4.Brightness Fix

5.7Series/8Series USB

All working Great Except iMessage

Any More Suggestions :)

And talking about EDID should i use DisplayMergeNub.kext or Display Override file for Gradient fix,coz kext is really hard to understand coz i giving me weird behavior, while override file is working great, so m using it,

And m thinking to upgrade my storage device to SSD !

I have no nvidia/AMD hardware (and no plans to purchase any), so it won't be coming from me.

If I can get you IOReg of both AMD and Nvidia laptops that work ( the Nvidia one's DSDT is fully patched to enable both LVDS, VGA and HDMI ), can you make a patch out of them ? I'm the one behind the AMD 6470M GPU in HP Elitebook 8460P in PBI CE that Pokenguyen is maintaining btw

As u all said I've patched my native DSDT with the following:

1.Audio (layout-id 3)

2.IRQ Fix

3.TNOT Fix

4.Brightness Fix

5.7Series/8Series USB

All working Great Except iMessage

Any More Suggestions :)

And talking about EDID should i use DisplayMergeNub.kext or Display Override file for Gradient fix,coz kext is really hard to understand coz i giving me weird behavior, while override file is working great, so m using it,

And m thinking to upgrade my storage device to SSD !

SSD is good. About EDID, using Clover is much better. When editing EDID, changing basic param from 80 to 90 and you will have to recalculate the Checksum, using Viewsonic EDID editor in windows

If I can get you IOReg of both AMD and Nvidia laptops that work ( the Nvidia one's DSDT is fully patched to enable both LVDS, VGA and HDMI ), can you make a patch out of them ? I'm the one behind the AMD 6470M GPU in HP Elitebook 8460P in PBI CE that Pokenguyen is maintaining btw

No. I have no use for it.

On your github there's a patch for one of the mobile NVIDIA GPU. May I use it as a reference ?

There are a couple of them...

I put it there in case someone found it useful. I took it from a working DSDT that had nvidia, and refactored it to eliminate DTGP dependence. You may find it useful in your own scenario.

There are a couple of them...

I put it there in case someone found it useful. I took it from a working DSDT that had nvidia, and refactored it to eliminate DTGP dependence. You may find it useful in your own scenario.

Many values in that patch fit the description of the GT 520M in Asus K43SJ. Although this one ( fully patched ) has more values, and it also has brightness working ( which isn't enough with your brightness fix )

Many values in that patch fit the description of the GT 520M in Asus K43SJ. Although this one ( fully patched ) has more values, and it also has brightness working ( which isn't enough with your brightness fix )

My brightness fix (eg. "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" and "Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)) are specific to laptops that use the Intel IGPU PWM backlight registers.

My brightness fix (eg. "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" and "Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)) are specific to laptops that use the Intel IGPU PWM backlight registers.

The normal patch ( without Intel related ) works for AMD Mobility GPUs ( if QE/CI works and LVDS's output feature value is 0901 to enable backlight control ). The same is applied to Nvidia Mobility GPUs,but need more specific DSDT patching. You wanna see the K43SJ's DSDT ?

The normal patch ( without Intel related ) works for AMD Mobility GPUs ( if QE/CI works and LVDS's output feature value is 0901 to enable backlight control ).

Yes, that patch (basic PNLF) works when the native AppleBacklight.kext works.

The same is applied to Nvidia Mobility GPUs,but need more specific DSDT patching. You wanna see the K43SJ's DSDT ?

If you want... I've never seen a guide that explains all the components of these nvidia patches... (eg. where does NVCAP and other data come from).

Yes, that patch (basic PNLF) works when the native AppleBacklight.kext works.

If you want... I've never seen a guide that explains all the components of these nvidia patches... (eg. where does NVCAP and other data come from).

NVCAP is extracted from its ROM. Other data I have no idea, the malaysian hackintosh community found those data out for the Asus's GT 520M ( don't know by pure chance or what ). Will send you a pm