[GUIDE] Install Mavericks/Yosemite on Sony VAIO S (2012) -and other UEFI capable VAIOs-

midi-sama

476 posts in this topic

ok,

To help you, you need to help me: Go to the Apple menu > About This Mac > System Report > Graphics/Display > Take a screenshot of that page (Alt+Shift+3) then post it here (upload the picture to imgur/dropbox, please no tinypic :( ) The WiFi card will not work unfortunately, and please there is no files to share, it's just a misconfiguration -_- (and can you please not say "help help help" we're here to help you already)

Thanks for this amazing guide, midi!! Everything works flawlessly on my S13P (including speedstep, airplay mirroring etc..) except sleep AND usb. Sleep works when I delete GenericUSBXHCI.kext, but then my USB ports become unusable (except my WiFi-dongle, which functions normally). When I plug in any other USB device like a usb 2.0 pendrive or a mouse, the system freezes for a couple of seconds and the devices are not recognized. When I reinstall GenericUSBXHCI.kext my usb ports function as they are supposed to, but the vaio doesn't go to sleep when I close the lid. When I open the lid, the screen stays black and I have to do a hard reset. Is there a fix for my problem? I already tried Rehabman's GenericUSBXHCI.kext (install as well as injection via clover).

Thanks for this amazing guide, midi!! Everything works flawlessly on my S13P (including speedstep, airplay mirroring etc..) except sleep AND usb. Sleep works when I delete GenericUSBXHCI.kext, but then my USB ports become unusable (except my WiFi-dongle, which functions normally). When I plug in any other USB device like a usb 2.0 pendrive or a mouse, the system freezes for a couple of seconds and the devices are not recognized. When I reinstall GenericUSBXHCI.kext my usb ports function as they are supposed to, but the vaio doesn't go to sleep when I close the lid. When I open the lid, the screen stays black and I have to do a hard reset. Is there a fix for my problem? I already tried Rehabman's GenericUSBXHCI.kext (install as well as injection via clover).

Thank you for reading my guide :P and I think you still didn't finish reading it YET, because after I will ask you to remove that kext and apply patches on your DSDT, don't ask me to give you mine, make yours by following the guide, you still didn't finish it yet, and I also give stpes to fix sleep and USB problems :) (btw, I never read that RehabMan had GUSBXHCI kext :o )

Thank you for reading my guide :P and I think you still didn't finish reading it YET, because after I will ask you to remove that kext and apply patches on your DSDT, don't ask me to give you mine, make yours by following the guide, you still didn't finish it yet, and I also give stpes to fix sleep and USB problems :) (btw, I never read that RehabMan had GUSBXHCI kext :o )

Yes I followed every step, have a custom DSDT with the patches you mentioned and a custom SSDT. I removed GUSBEXHCI and checked the P-States with DPCIManager, where I get plenty. I cannot find a fix for the USB/Sleep problem after 28). Can you give me a hint, where I should look?

Post me your full specs please of your PC. (got to chat if you need help, im there, but don't spam it!)

and look at step 21

I have a Vaio S13P with Core i5-3210m. I reapplied all patches, tried other SMBIOS etc but no luck...

Buuut: It's working now!! The key was to remove AppleUSBXHCI.kext from IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns and reinstall GenericUSBXHCI.kext

Now I have functional usb and sleep/wake. :)

I have to correct myself. GenericUSBXHCI was not installed when I tested sleep and usb. When it's installed I have the old sleep problem again. So for now I'll stay with deleted AppleUSBXHCI and GenericUSBXHCI and have usb 2.0 speed and sleep. That's better than nothing ;)

WHAT. THE. HELL. YOU'RE. DOING. ?.

I SAID: DO NOT USE SOMEONE ELSE'S DSDT, NO MATTER WHAT!!!

and how the hell did you get Radeon to work? Just tell me, Not gonna eat you. Cuz Many ppl with Radeon too got only intel no Radeon and you got radeon??! Do you even have Intel HD4k ??

Hey i managed to patched my native dsdt with audio n its worked. It was maciasl was not compiling properly.

About Radeon its easy Dump Rom in clovers rom folder and with this setting

-inject edid

-dropoem-false 

-GenCstates/GenPstate-true

and plz guide me how can i get intel HD4000 graphics,coz when i change setting according to intel i get only 4mb vram

And also m facing Gradient issue plz guide me how can i solve it :(

Sony Vaio E Series SVE15127CNB 

I said inject the propper ig-platform-id: for 1600x900 or higher: 0x01660004 | for lower than 1600x900 use 0x01660003 <this is written in the guide. Amazing how you managed to get AMD and not intel! :shock: and dont change the vram on clover, it has no effect!

I said inject the propper ig-platform-id: for 1600x900 or higher: 0x01660004 | for lower than 1600x900 use 0x01660003 <this is written in the guide. Amazing how you managed to get AMD and not intel! :shock: and dont change the vram on clover, it has no effect!

i have added this, but at console it says radeonsensor still wating for accelerator to start .!

And yes many of them got intel HD4K graphics !

Also some of the guys got both graphics !

Link please.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-yosemite/149437-fully-working-7650m-hd4000-switchable.html

hey how to edit edid in order to get proper display descriptor.

Before using fixedid it was showing builtin display 15.5 inch

now it show 11.4 inch and iMac display 

How it can be corrected !

-_- just select it in clover -_- and btw, tell me what's working and what's not! CLEARLY!

All working great smile_osx.png

1.Accelerated Graphics (QE/CI) with AMD Radeon HD 7650m(works with its ROM) full Resolution.

2.Sound with AppleHDA Patched.

3.USB3.

4.Camera.

5.Ethernet.

6.Battery(only from native dsdt)

7.Trackpad(few gestures) and keypad(Hotkey only volume control) working great.

8.Appstore and iCloud working.

Issues and things not Working:

-Intel HD4000 not working(its fine), Switchable graphics not supported.

-Wi-Fi, but it will not work as suggested.

-iMessage and FaceTime not tested.

-Also m have little gradient issue. 

And in  About my mac -> Display it is not showing MacBook Pro Descriptor.

I've tried all post and patches but for some reason it didn't work so plz help :(.

Any more advice to make it even more perfect is appreciated smile_osx.png

Thanks in Advance