Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:32 PM
Hi there guys,
i was wondering if someone managed to boot yosemite with the gray background and the apple logo,
or are we stuck with black screen and progress bar only?
Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:24 PM
its an issue that only affects hacks.
normal grey screen with apple logo is shown on real mac h/w.
Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:35 PM
i know that, but i think its just clover missing something
Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:22 PM
It seems that its happening only on hackintosh, my macbookpro5,5 boot with the new progress bar but with the usual grey background....
i've sended Slice a PM i'm sure that he know more about this
Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:26 PM
Does it still show up if you boot your macbook with the kext-dev-mode boot flag?
sudo nvram boot-args=kext-dev-mode=1
Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:44 PM
yeap, even with kext dev mode 1 there is even a beautiful shading animation between OS X loading and the login screen or desktop
Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:51 PM
The BOOT USB OS X YOSEMITE 10.10 DP.pkg recently released boots like in the video if no verbose mode is activated. I don't know how but it seems possible to hack the Clover config.plist to get it.
Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:53 PM
Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:37 PM
Mine is black and no logo. And grey with no logo (at the moment that the logo appears in the video and the bar loads faster) if I boot in verbose. If I boot normally I can't see the bar loading fast before the desktop appear.
EDIT: I only see the grey screen booting in verbose mode but setting it by this way (not using config.plist):
sudo nvram boot-args="-v"
And using Clover in Fast mode.
Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:57 AM
With Chameleon bootloader r2377 Yoosemite V2 post by chris1111 in org.chameleon.Boot.plist have:
no -v in boot-flags i can see background gray, apple logo and progress bar
With Clover bootloader i have only black screen and progress bar, has no apple logo
Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:21 AM
I am also looking for a solution for this. look at this video:
must be related to something else
Jesus that thing boots fast! My yosemite boots 5 times slower than my mountain lion installation.
I find the loading bar to remind me off Linux, a few Linux distros have a loading bar like this. It's not bad, but it isn't apple..
Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:24 AM
it's really similar to the iOS loading screen now on hacks.
btw Slice sended me a pm, its not related to the boot loader, apple changed something...
Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:38 AM
Wow, how many speculations here are around
I will get some of the facts right:
1) Chameleon's Apple boot screen is fake. Everything is drawn entirely by Chameleon. When using Clover, OS X's boot.efi draws it.
2) The Clover video with the apple shows a "fake" apple. The boot process does NOT show it, it pops up after graphics are initialized and the OS is ready to show the login UI. In my case I do NOT see an apple there as my graphics need initialization and thus my screen turns black and on again in mean time. If my gfx would be supported by the boot process (sounds weird indeed), my screen would not turn black and I would see the apple aswell. Apple pretty much renders the boot screen twice.
3) It's not Clover's fault it doesn't show up, as it's drawn by boot.efi. But I think Clover needs to pass a variable over to boot.efi. Why? Because: How would boot.efi even know it should draw the grey or the black version? I don't know how it decides. I'm 100% sure it decides to use the grey version as I get a grey screen after my screen turns on again.
4) Black and grey version? Yes. Some newer Macs got firmware updates and have a black boot screen aswell... with an white Apple.
5) The logos are contained in an efires file. If you're interested, grab them with this script: Yosemite DP1 Includes new EFI images/sound files
5.1) The boot.efi refers to a black Apple logo file... well, two as the others is 2x. However, such a file is not present in the archive. The logo used for "black" EFIs is the generic one without a color name in its file name. Maybe we need a way to edit these files?
I'm entirely sure that we should wait for at least DP2 as the appleLogo.efires is entirely new and yet not all Macs got firmware updates. We shall see.
Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:03 AM
thanks for the super detailed explanation
now it makes sense...
lets wait so...
Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:12 AM
without the Apple logo still in DP2?
Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:59 PM
yeah still a black screen with progress bar.
Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:04 PM
Apologies posted in the wrong forum topic due shortcut issue.
Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:20 PM
Look into a real mac's ioreg under the display port ("<framebuffername>,@0"), you will find some values called AAPL,grey-page and AAPL,grey-color (or something like that). If you start osx with clover, the grey-color is 00,00,00,00 in ioreg. The zeros means black... So.... maybe this is why we get black screen at boot? I tried to inject proper grey value into there via DSDT but nohing changed, it doesn't got saved in ioreg. Any idea how to change that?
- JahStories likes this
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users