[Guide] AIO Guides For Hackintosh

607 posts in this topic

The right hardware for your Hackintosh

Here are some useful information when buying a laptop or building a Hackintosh, or probably been asking yourself “Is my PC fully support or what ?”. The GPU is considered the most important part of the Hackintosh ( if it can’t work you can’t see the screen or the animation’s laggy as hell ).

CPU

All CPUs starting from Intel Core 2 Duo up to now (Haswell) is supported, except for Pentium Haswell, it’s reported as not compatible with Mavericks. Be careful when buying these CPUs.

Most AMD CPUs are supported thanks to the modded kernel allowing AMD CPUs to run OS X, more info can be found here. Note that Intel Pentium D and some unsupported Intel CPU can use this AMD kernel as well.

Integrated GPU (iGPU)

With Mavericks, these iGPUs are native support:

• Intel HD Graphics on 1st Generation Intel Core i Processor (Arrandale, need some kexts modding )
  • Intel HD 3000 on 2nd Generation Intel Core i Processor ( Sandy Bridge )
  • Intel HD 4000 on 3rd Generation Intel Core i Processor ( Ivy Bridge )
  • Intel HD 4400 (laptop only) /4600/5000/Iris on 4th Generation Intel Core i Processor ( Haswell )

Please note that desktop HD4000 and above only works with QE/CI if you connect by DVI/HDMI/DP ports, no QE/CI on VGA port!

These iGPUs are not supported by OS X Mavericks:

• Intel MHD4500/X3100 and earlier
  • Intel HD Graphics on 2nd Generation Intel Pentium/Celeron and later
  • Intel HD 2000
  • Intel HD 2500 (Rarely works)
  • Intel HD 4400 Desktop (Rarely works)

Discrete GPU

Please note that laptops with AMD Switchable Graphics or nVidia Optimus with both Intel HD + AMD/nVidia card will only be able to use Intel HD, unless you have the option to turn off Intel HD in BIOS.

These GPUs are supported (the list may be incompleted or not correct at some points, please inform me about the GPU that works for you but not on the list or the one not works):

• nVidia 7000 Series
  • nVidia 8000 Series
  • nVidia 9000 Series
  • nVidia GT 200 Series
  • nVidia GT 400 Series
  • nVidia GT 500 Series
  • nVidia GT 600 Series
  • nVidia GT 700 Series ( stay away from the GTX 750 and GTX 750Ti which use the new Maxwell architecture which hasn’t been confirmed working or not )
  • nVidia GTX Titan ( the Z version hasn’t been tested yet )
  • nVidia Quadro 4000
  • nVidia GT 520M, 540M and 630M ( laptop with discrete GPUs )
  • nVidia GTX 675M, 760M, 765M, 770M
  • nVidia NVS 5200M
  • nVidia Quadro 1000M, 2000M
  • AMD 4000 Series
  • AMD 5000 Series
  • AMD 6600, 6700, 6800 Series
  • AMD 7750, 7770, 7870, 7950, 7970
  • AMD R7-200 R9-200 Series ( supported on OS X 10.10)
  • AMD 4650M, 5470M, 7650M

These GPUs are not supported (the list may be incompleted or not correct at some points , please inform me about the GPU that didn’t works for you but not on the list or the one works):

• AMD 6400 Series
  • AMD 6500 Series
  • AMD 6900 Series
  •  

Note that laptops that use CPU ES (Engineering Sample) or use Samsung panel can’t enable QE/CI.

RAM

The minimum requirements for Mavericks is 2Gb of RAM, 4GB is enough to run things smoothly. If you want to run virtual machines or multiple softwares, 8GB of RAM or more is recommended.

Audio

Most audio codecs as of now is supported through VoodooHDA, but the sound can be not so nice comparing to Windows. We can patch AppleHDA to overcome VoodooHDA’s weakness (need advance techniques). Most of codecs that can be patched, except some stubborn chipset.

If you need high quality audio, it's best to buy a Mac-compatible DAC or soundcard.

Ethernet

Most ethernet chips are supported except for these:

• Realtek 8169 (Random kernel panic)
  • Ethernet Killer (Only the Atheros Killer E2200 is usable)

Wireless card

A pain for laptop users is that most built-in wireless cards aren’t supported. You can always find and replace your unsupported one.

Here is the list of supported and unsupported card ( Yellow means work with WifiInjector kext, Green means work OOB, red means unsupported, HMB cards are cards also have Bluetooth )

Or you can use a wifi dongle which is supported by OS X, but it also has downsides like battery draining, weak signal or causing sleep issues.

@pokenguyen,

My nVidia GTX 650 Ti Boost worked out of the box. I did not inject Intel graphics under Clover install nor graphics enabler=Y under chameleon install.

I just run Unique Heaven Benchmark for HD4000, here is the result:

Default 1024MB:

FPS 12.3

Score 13.0

Patched 2448MB:

FPS 12.2

Score 12.9

Not worth then.

Pure cosmetic about that VRAM thing

Well ... Maybe it didn't get any better, but for me it did, simnifically, since I use AutoCAD on light usage, and the whole Graphics go shuttering and slow with 1GB, but with 2.3GB it's butter smooth, no shuttering or bugging around, I did some benchmarks, and yes, it didn't change at all, but really helped me in AutoCAD stuff :)

@pokenguyen,

My nVidia GTX 650 Ti Boost worked out of the box. I did not inject Intel graphics under Clover install nor graphics enabler=Y under chameleon install.

Good for you. Have a cookie. 

Cookie.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guys, help me please??

My Laptop is asus TP 300 LD

Proccie : i3-4030U

Ram : 4 GB

Graphis : GT 820m + Intel HD4400

Instalation Method :

- OS X Maverick Retail 10.9 (Golden Master) + Clover [from VMWare] (Had been following this way

But I'm having a failure when booting ?

post-1079762-0-60630800-1424949039_thumb.jpg

Did I make a mistake while generating config.plist?

What ur suggestion? checking everything as posted in tutorials to generate config.plist via vietnam tools with exactly same ways, or I must checking other things (e.g. in kext section) also? 

can u help me configure the installer based on my hardware?

sori I'm really noobs

I also had been doing such a :

- check/uncheck IntelInject at clover options while booting

- using bootflag -v -f -x GrahicsEnabler=No (& without graphic enabler)

but just getting the same..

hey, are you sure you followed this guide, cuz 10.9GM is ancient and wth are you doing with it? Download Yosemite and so as told on this guide, use the VM for OS X creation only, and read carefully the guide again.

yeaa of course sir..

so, my mind was right.. this guide have not been exactly update yet.. it was clearly said that guide is for 10.9 installer or abaove..

and I use VM just for OS X creation only sir. Did I seems had been doing something else with that VM? 

okay.. downloading yosemite..

here, bandwith is suck.. I just got that maverick from my friends..

guys, I want to make dualboot osx & win 8.1 with clover, 

after following this guide, I'm having a problem to mounting EFI partition using clover configurator. I had click on "mount EFI partition" button, but nothing showed up?

I also trying with tuxera & paragon ntfs, but I can't mounting my windows local disk © partition, it says that it requires libkern.kext or something else,

so how can I replace bootmgfw.efi on windows??

• 2 weeks later...

I followed the instructions for yosemite installation via clover, used choice #2 to manually create the installer, and was very careful to choose the proper config options, but and I am running into a problem. When I boot from the USB, it leads me to a black screen with a circle/slash icon in the middle.

Also, it doesn't say “Boot OS X Install from Install OS X Yosemite” as the instructions mention, but rather it says "Boot Mac OS X from OS X Base System". Is it supposed to say that?

Here's my config.plist

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oo8alcur2vw4zxi/config.plist?dl=0

2015_03_14_10_40_39.jpg

Camera_ZOOM_20150314124855457.jpg

It seems to get stuck at the "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!" I don't have any bluetooth devices hooked up, nor did I choose any bluetooth settings from the vietnam tool.

I followed the instructions for yosemite installation via clover, used choice #2 to manually create the installer, and was very careful to choose the proper config options, but and I am running into a problem. When I boot from the USB, it leads me to a black screen with a circle/slash icon in the middle.

Also, it doesn't say “Boot OS X Install from Install OS X Yosemite” as the instructions mention, but rather it says "Boot Mac OS X from OS X Base System". Is it supposed to say that?

Here's my config.plist

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oo8alcur2vw4zxi/config.plist?dl=0

2015_03_14_10_40_39.jpg

Camera_ZOOM_20150314124855457.jpg

It seems to get stuck at the "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!" I don't have any bluetooth devices hooked up, nor did I choose any bluetooth settings from the vietnam tool.

This simply means the installer couldn't find your USB Volume. If you have USB3.0 add GenericUSBXHCI.kext in clover's kexts folder, you should get USB working, after Install, make a DSDT and apply the propper USB3.0 Patch and remove the kext from earlier. This kext may give you issues with sleep and wake, and may have some lags, as it can perform better than the patch, then here you must configure the patch manually, and you really must remove that kext. Only in one condition not to remove that kext: if you have a USB3.0 controller other than Intel.

This simply means the installer couldn't find your USB Volume. If you have USB3.0 add GenericUSBXHCI.kext in clover's kexts folder, you should get USB working, after Install, make a DSDT and apply the propper USB3.0 Patch and remove the kext from earlier. This kext may give you issues with sleep and wake, and may have some lags, as it can perform better than the patch, then here you must configure the patch manually, and you really must remove that kext. Only in one condition not to remove that kext: if you have a USB3.0 controller other than Intel.

I'm using USB 2.0

hello

should not inject the nvidia ...

and join this in boot arguments

-gux_defer_usb2 -gux_no_idle

good hack

I removed graphics injection and used those boot arguments, but still have the same issue.

Ok, I completely removed my graphics card altogether, reset the BIOS CMOS to factory default, removed everything other than the keyboard and the hard drive, started fresh with a new clover usb setup, and now it's giving me a new error:

"Still waiting for root device".

I followed the troubleshooting guide in this thread, installed the 'waiting for root device' patch from vietnam tool, and added the GenericUSBXHCI.kext to the kexts folder. Still have the error. I'm at a loss. I can't think of anything else to do.

Ok, I completely removed my graphics card altogether, reset the BIOS CMOS to factory default, removed everything other than the keyboard and the hard drive, started fresh with a new clover usb setup, and now it's giving me a new error:

I followed the troubleshooting guide in this thread, installed the 'waiting for root device' patch from vietnam tool, and added the GenericUSBXHCI.kext to the kexts folder. Still have the error. I'm at a loss. I can't think of anything else to do.

:D u have unplug usb 3.0 and plug usb 2.0 :D and try it

HVT's output config.plist has DropOEM=True by default, and that is the main reason it caused " still waiting for root devices " on 9 series boards. Please set it to False

Dont do it!!!!! It may change the boot order in UEFI and {censored} up your firmware!!!

Dont do it!!!!! It may change the boot order in UEFI and {censored} up your firmware!!!

In fact, I did it the very first time I saw it and yes it messed up my boot order I was so lucky that I always keep my EFI config.plist on my usb as well as my usb installer. I am not going to update the hell of it again. Any idea where from that update?