Realtek RTL8187(L)

Alex3305

105 posts in this topic

I've been monitoring this thread for the past month. Congrats guys ... Glad to see the RTL8187 is working. I have a RTL8185(L) in my notebook; but I still cannot get it to work. Looks like I might have to e-mail them. Looks like they do check their e-mail; as the post has seen success from the manufacturers.

Edit - I actually think, this driver might work with both the 8187 and 8185 wifi cards --- the driver's release statement says,

version 1.2.4

* support more channel plans besides FCC

* fix the following wep issue:

- only wep index 1 works

* add uninstall command to let user uninstall driver

* rtl8185 and rtl8187 Mac OS X driver can be loaded at the same time

Ugh, looks like I should've kept OSX on my comp last night --- back to repartitioning and reinstalling the system. :thumbsup_anim: Good thing it doesn't take long :(

Update: I reinstalled OSX; only took about 15-20 minutes tops... but the realtek driver for 8185 is producing the same results you 8187 users had..... looks like a simple e-mail will (hopefully) fix the problem.

The driver is not loading on start up and the kextload diagnostic is giving me:

For diagnostic testing:

22rtl8185_Client_Utility is not compatible with its superclass, 12IOUserClient superclass changed?

computer:/System/Library/Extensions josh$ sudo kextload -t rtl8185.kext

kernel extension rtl8185.kext has problems:

Validation failures

{

"Executable file doesn't contain kernel extension code" = true

}

the driver loads fine for me and so does the wifi tool and i'm able to connect to my access point, however i cant get an IP address over DHCP or send/receive any packets to my router if i configure it manually. anyone else getting this?

edit:

finally i did it too with the new intel drivers :(

yuppiii

under osx 10.4.3

averything works except my intel 855gm grafics card only vesa mode

but can anybody tell me why i can see videoclips on youtube.com but when i want to see

my videos or clips or movies with vlc i get a black screen?????

go to advanced settings and click for wireless mode 802.11b (not g/:(

and channel plan: ETSI but every time you reboot you must apply these settings.

i had the same problem with g/b i could download only with 15kb/sec and up 32kb/sec

with the settings above i have full speed :(

or if this doesent work for you try different setting

with the settings above i have full speed :D

Define "full speed" ;-) 802.11b, or 802.11g full speed. heh. I'd really like to get G working on it. I don't have the machine in front of me but there is a setting for TKIK or something, and I changed it to the other and it works consistently... but it is nowhere near full speed.

Define "full speed" ;-) 802.11b, or 802.11g full speed. heh. I'd really like to get G working on it. I don't have the machine in front of me but there is a setting for TKIK or something, and I changed it to the other and it works consistently... but it is nowhere near full speed.

wat protection do you have???

do you have wpa or wpa 2???you just have to do the correct settings as you setted up your router

if you have one :P.

post-63217-1175433561_thumb.png

uggg. ive tried installing mac os x on my gateway laptop for 3 days. finally i get it on and no sound, no internet, reconizes my nvidia card, but no drivers for it as its stuck in a 1024 x 768 resolution. everything works for me when i install in vmware, so im going to stick with that. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there a way to make OSX realize that this is an Airport card? I can't seem to figure it out... I've tried going through AppleAirport2.kext (added rtl8186.kext to the Plugins folder) and tried making an entry in the Info.plist, but no luck. What am I missing?

Yes, it is important that it sees it as an Airport card. It works fine as far as connectivity is concerned, but I need that luxury.

EDIT: I am running OSX 10.4.8, it is a 8187L, device "3034"

If there is any more information you need, please ask. I would love to have this going by Wednesday if possible (so I can test it at school and see if it works there).

I'm having problems with an onboard RLT8187 on the ASUS P5K3, with the latest Realtek driver, I can enable the card and it works flawlesly with a Linksys router, but if I want to connect to an airport Extreme base station, it either authenticates and deauthenticates later or forces a soft reset every 10 seconds (I tried already all sorts of configurations). Do you guys experience anything like this?

R.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My 8187 works for 10 seconds also, and then stops working. It also gets really hot, and I wonder if this doesn´t have something to do with my USB port rather than the Wi-fi adapter itself. I tried to change the settings for 802.11b and ETSI, but this doens´t fix the problem. Anyone else going through this?

• 2 weeks later...

i have the same wireless adapter, and i'm not sure how this is working, but download the realtek driver, not the netgear driver.

realtek driver for the 8187L chipset works for intel based macs [most recent intel driver]. i'm running OS X 10.4.10 on my rig [OSx86] and the driver is working, i plugged in my adapter, driver sprang to life.

after installing the driver, be sure to repair your disk permissions!

I get "Please insert the "MAC" disc to continue installation "You have chosen to install software that requires this disc"

When I supply the machine with the disc (osx86, jas) I thinks for some seconds and then pops it right out.

Do I use the wrong disc? Can I install It manually somehow?

Thanks!

Thought I would post this about the 8185L.

I wrote Realtek an email about it since that seems to be what happened with the 8187L and here is the responce I received:

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Because Apple intel platform don't support PCI\Cardbus interface, so we

don't have plan to provide it.

Best Regards,

Fred

I have since given up on making the 8185L wireless work.

I've got some problems with the Realtek RTL8187 wi-fi card integrated into my Asus P5N32-SLI Premium motherboard. I've installed the original Realtek drivers for this chip and from the wireless utility I can search the networks and connect to them, but I still haven't surf to the net.

Ping and lookup doesn't work, from the network utility I can read the link speed is blocked to 0 Mbps, but I see that there are some packets sended and received (about 200-300).

Can we help me?

Thanks in advance,

Alby