Cardbus/PCMCIA Controller ID 104C:8039 Texas Instruments PCIxx12

solu

421 posts in this topic

I attempted to install Rev.3 and got a kernel panic. I am running 10.5.1 on a Gateway MT6711. Anyone with this notebook having same issues? I used Realtek's wireless driver and works perfectly. I'm afraid that attempting to get the PCMCIA working will conflict the wireless card.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i got something like :

dmesg | grep PC

and results:

IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRID@0/AppleIntelPIIXPATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/HTS421212H9AT00 HTS421212H9AT00/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

should i change some to get PCIxx12 working ? and how i'll be sure that is already up and runnig ?

please guys help nubiee

• 4 weeks later...

I'd ask a question regarding my Acer 5570z-2977 installed with Jas 10.4.8. +PPF1+PPF2.

I replaced the IOPCCardFamily. kext and reboot and used dmesg to get the card bus recognized as TI xx12 rev00. and if I plug in the PCMCIA wireless card, it can be recognized as ethernet controller although it doesnot work. However, if I reboot the system, it will hang up during booting and it always asks me to reboot. Can somebody help me with this kernel panic problem?

Update:

Never mind. I tried Chun-Nan's kext beta3. it worked like a charm. Cardbus slot is recognized and no kernel panic any more.

• 1 month later...

I get the 'FireWire (OHCI): start - unable to get device memory' error with the following card on a DESKTOP machine:

04:01.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments TSB82AA2 IEEE-1394b Link Layer Controller (rev 01) (prog-if 10 [OHCI])

Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-

Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR+ INTx-

Latency: 64 (500ns min, 1000ns max), Cache Line Size: 32 bytes

Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 17

Region 0: Memory at eebff800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

Region 1: Memory at eebf8000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

Capabilities: [44] <chain broken>

Is there any way this driver can be modified to get this card working? This is a PCI card in a desktop machine, not a laptop. I actually tried the beta 3 kexts but it made no difference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all I am trying to get this working on a acer aspire 7110

so that I can use additional firewire / usb ports.

my card is reported as

0a:06.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller

Subsystem: Acer Incorporated [ALI] Unknown device 0107

Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 168, IRQ 10

Memory at dc000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

Bus: primary=0a, secondary=0b, subordinate=0e, sec-latency=176

Memory window 0: 88000000-8bfff000 (prefetchable)

Memory window 1: 8c000000-8ffff000

I/O window 0: 00005000-000050ff

I/O window 1: 00005400-000054ff

16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

0a:06.2 Mass storage controller: Texas Instruments 5-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD)

Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 57, IRQ 10

Memory at dc006000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2

0a:06.3 SD Host controller: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller

Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 57, IRQ 10

Memory at dc007800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 2

I have tried just about every thing and on boot up it reports an error about id 0x0

but no cards

What is the easiest way to get this working, my machine is reported as (sysctl -b hw.model as MacPro3,1)

I have added the memory and io settings but that is about as far as a can get,

What am I missing here ...

Regards

Mark

Got it working guys, I was using a combo st-labs cards that refused to work correctly, added a belkin usb card and bingo.

Now I have pcmcia working fine. going to do some research about the st-labs cards

it does find the card but reports that it cannot register it and goes into a loop that kills the machine.

Firewire was also detected on the card as well ,, I am sure is settings for the card as there is no pattern to the crash.

Mark

Got it working guys, I was using a combo st-labs cards that refused to work correctly, added a belkin usb card and bingo.

Now I have pcmcia working fine. going to do some research about the st-labs cards

it does find the card but reports that it cannot register it and goes into a loop that kills the machine.

Firewire was also detected on the card as well ,, I am sure is settings for the card as there is no pattern to the crash.

Mark

• 10 months later...
Hi,

Just wanted to let everyone know that i got this working on a Dell Latitude D610 (pccard controller id: 104c:8036). Ubuntu Live CD lspci dump gave me the wrong memory range (maybe an ACPI issue?). I used the windows information (4 memory ranges, 2 IO ranges).

The Motorola pcmcia wifi (broadcom chip) works perfectly now too. If anyone wants my kext, feel free to pm me.

thanks probono for sharing this,

tuxx.

• 4 months later...

Hello Guys,

I have installed an iPC 10.5.6. Everything ok, but after recognizing the ENE CB1410 the machine freezes.

I have tried to used every IOPCCardFamily and IOPCIFamily and IO PCMCIAFamily available in the forums, but I got the same result with everyone of them.

Now I am tryng to edit the Info.plist with my windows plist editor.

In windows I have the following IO values FF00 - FFFF, FD00 - FDFF,

And memory intervals F0404000 - f0404fff, f2bff000 - f2bfffff, c0000000 - c3ffffff

The problem is this IO values in the Info.plist are in a format like AAAAAAAAD/8=, so they are completly different from the values I see in Windows.

So my question is, how should my values look like in the Info.plist after I edit it?

I know it may seem a little newbie question, but I cant understand this.

Thx very much!

ps.: My machine is an Acer TravelMate 6292... If anyone could install a Hackintosh in it, just let me know how!

OK, im pretty familiar with hackintosh. im running osx 10.5.7 on my gateway M-465e.. i have everything working except my SD card reader. now i have no clue ho to get it working. :P

it's a "Texas Instruments PCIxx12"

if anyone could make a kext for me some how i would be very appreciative!!

i can give you the memory values and what not, or lspci output from linux.. i just need someone to kinda do it for me since im completely lost right now and i just wanna get my card reader working since i don't use usb sticks very much i use SD cards most of the time and well i can't transfer my files to my lovely new hackintosh without it.

thanks in advance!! ;)

• 1 month later...
OK, im pretty familiar with hackintosh. im running osx 10.5.7 on my gateway M-465e.. i have everything working except my SD card reader. now i have no clue ho to get it working. :censored2:

it's a "Texas Instruments PCIxx12"

if anyone could make a kext for me some how i would be very appreciative!!

i can give you the memory values and what not, or lspci output from linux.. i just need someone to kinda do it for me since im completely lost right now and i just wanna get my card reader working since i don't use usb sticks very much i use SD cards most of the time and well i can't transfer my files to my lovely new hackintosh without it.

thanks in advance!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone upload a Kext for this somewhere else? I can't seem to download any kexts/images inside this thread, all returning a dead link.

I have this inside OSx86 tools "View PCI/Vendor information"

08:03.0 CardBus bridge [0607]: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller [104c:8039]

08:03.2 Mass storage controller [0180]: Texas Instruments 5-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD) [104c:803b]

edit:/ I don't have the original kext there, I'm on Snow Leopard.

Okay, managed to finally download them, but they don't cause panic or work.

Installing the one in the very first post did cause me to restart after booting again, I got the error with the big power button. So I did, rebooted again, nothing happened. Everything was the same as before.

So I installed the modded one "iopccard21modded.zip" inside this thread, this changed what I get on output through "sudo dmesg | grep PC", I got this:

VaioBook:~ Stephen$ sudo dmesg | grep PC

PCMDIR_PLAY: Stream setup format=10001000 speed=44100

PCMDIR_PLAY: Stream setup nid=2: format=0x4031, digFormat=0x0001

VaioBook:~ Stephen$

This used to display more of these formats, usually about 4 - from the looks of it they seemed to be showing the same thing. So now it shows just the one set. But no PC Card reader.

Okay, I've gone through this thread up until roughly page 12 downloading and installing all the IOPCCardFamily.kexts that are on the posts, they all don't work. They don't cause panic (I got it once but it went after booting up again) I think tried adding the memory ranges to the Info.plist files on ADP2,1 (as many others have done), but I also added it to PowerBook 5,1. Both don't make a difference. I get this error on verbose:

IOPCCardBridge::getOFConfigurationSettings: failed to configure the machine

I don't know what it wrong? Hex maybe? I'm using a Vaio VGN-N11M/W. I have everything else working (since this resembles a MacBook that was released a while ago), I just would like this to work and my keyboard fully.

• 1 month later...
Can someone upload a Kext for this somewhere else? I can't seem to download any kexts/images inside this thread, all returning a dead link.

I have this inside OSx86 tools "View PCI/Vendor information"

edit:/ I don't have the original kext there, I'm on Snow Leopard.

Okay, managed to finally download them, but they don't cause panic or work.

Installing the one in the very first post did cause me to restart after booting again, I got the error with the big power button. So I did, rebooted again, nothing happened. Everything was the same as before.

So I installed the modded one "iopccard21modded.zip" inside this thread, this changed what I get on output through "sudo dmesg | grep PC", I got this:

This used to display more of these formats, usually about 4 - from the looks of it they seemed to be showing the same thing. So now it shows just the one set. But no PC Card reader.

Okay, I've gone through this thread up until roughly page 12 downloading and installing all the IOPCCardFamily.kexts that are on the posts, they all don't work. They don't cause panic (I got it once but it went after booting up again) I think tried adding the memory ranges to the Info.plist files on ADP2,1 (as many others have done), but I also added it to PowerBook 5,1. Both don't make a difference. I get this error on verbose:

IOPCCardBridge::getOFConfigurationSettings: failed to configure the machine

I don't know what it wrong? Hex maybe? I'm using a Vaio VGN-N11M/W. I have everything else working (since this resembles a MacBook that was released a while ago), I just would like this to work and my keyboard fully.

How on earth did you get Snow Leopard running on VGN-N11M? I've been trying this for 2 days now and have failed at every turn. when i can get it to attempt to boot I just get kernel panic and cant go any further, what kexts do i need? please email me at 'xx.romantic.nightmare.xx@hotmail.co.uk'

thanks in advance, Liam

How on earth did you get Snow Leopard running on VGN-N11M? I've been trying this for 2 days now and have failed at every turn. when i can get it to attempt to boot I just get kernel panic and cant go any further, what kexts do i need? please email me at 'xx.romantic.nightmare.xx@hotmail.co.uk'

thanks in advance, Liam

I'm setting up a guide on my website, I'll try and get it up within the week. Including for Leopard. But I don't have a working 10.6.3, only up to 10.6.2 for now. Working on the update. I'll email you the link when I put it up.

For any others interested, it's here: http://www.javakrypt.com/mac/

• 2 years later...

Hi. My english is no good.

I have Acer Extensa 5620Z.

My spec are:

0f:06.0 CardBus bridge [0607]: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller [104c:8039]

0f:06.1 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller [104c:803a]

0f:06.2 Mass storage controller [0180]: Texas Instruments 5-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD) [104c:803b]

0f:06.3 SD Host controller [0805]: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller [104c:803c]

But i have one problem. I can not run or install Windows.

I have only Mac OS X 10.6.7 Retail

How i can take information about memory, etc. for editing kext. Am i right?

1 I need to download kext

2 I need put right information about my chip in .plist?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

How to use PCMCIA (TI PCIxx12) in Mavericks

Hi

Is there anybody, who can help me with my laptop Acer Extensa 5620? :-(

I successfully installed Mavericks on this laptop.

Keyboard, touchpad, ethernet, bluetooth and graphic works fine.

I want use this laptop for my band's performance.

Because of it I need to use special soundcard which is connected to PCMCIA slot.

But Mavericks didn't recognize Cardbus controller automatically.

When i use DPCIManager, there is an information about controller on PCI list.  

(see picture)

I dont't need any another parts of TI controller (firewire, card reader), only PCMCIA.

Thank you very much for any advice and tips.

Marekscreen.png