Cardbus/PCMCIA Controller ID 104C:8039 Texas Instruments PCIxx12

solu

421 posts in this topic

Hi Chun-Nan,

One more little thing - my machine just refuses to boot if I enable Firewire ports in BIOS. When I boot with -v option, it freeses after those lines printed:

IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe: TI XX12 rev 00

AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled

If I disable 1394, it boots up and works fine.

Not a big deal for me but just in case :)

Hi guys,

I have updated another revised of IOPCCardFamily. In this version, you do not have to edit the info.plist to match your machine. It is working on my notebook and I hope it will be helpful for those who don't how to change the info.plist. In addition, I also include the IOPCIFamily in case that some need it. (Both of two files are compiled from the original Leopard source code.)

How to use?

• Backup your original IOPCCardFamily driver (and IOPCIFamily driver)
  • Replace your IOPCCardFamily driver with the attached one that contains all necessary modifications
  • Reboot
  • As root, type "dmesg | grep PC"; you should see something about TI xx12 being found

Welcome to try it and let me know the result. Don't forget to backup the old files before trying it.

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

My CardBus adapter working after using rev. 1. Didn't try rev. 2. I tried rev. 3 and so far my CardBus adapter recognized & working perfectly. I don't have to edit Info.plist for I/O & Memory ranges with rev. 3.

I also tried your IOPCIFamily kext file just in case it will detect my PCI-express bus properly. Still cannot recognized my on board atheros. But don't worry, this is known problem for Acer laptop.

Now I have Linksys WPC54G working as AirPort!!

Thank you so much for your effort. :censored2:

Right now I use Leopard 10.5.1. BIOS doesn't seem to have any PCMCIA related options.

I tried also different AppleACPIPlatform kext.

Shall I try IOPCCardFamily_Mariusz.zip with other AppleACPIPlatform kexts?

Regards,

Mariusz.

Hi Mariusz,

I haven't found the solution yet.....

Just curious if you have used BrazilMac patched?

Chun-Nan

Hi Mariusz,

I haven't found the solution yet.....

Just curious if you have used BrazilMac patched?

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

I'm realy not sure about this, could be that I applied that patch.

What if I had?

p.s.

I'have just restored vanilla kexts:

AppleACPIPlatform

AppleAHCIPort

AppleAPIC

AppleSMBIOS

IOAHCIFamily

IOACPIFamily

and still no luck :gun:

Any ideas?

Regards,

Mariusz.

Edited by Mariusz

Bad news for me. I tried all revs include rev1 to rev3, w/wo IOPCIFamily.kext come with it, but get kernel panic always.

I read all the pre posts, and think that, may be EFI problem?

My Both OS(leopard 10.5 and 10.5.1) tested, all boot with EFIv8.

Anybody who tried it successful with EFI?

Thanks to Chun-Nan, u give me new hope to get it work. I'll try later without EFI boot, any help will be appreciated.

Hi Chun-Nan,I'm realy not sure about this, could be that I applied that patch.What if I had?p.s.I'have just restored vanilla kexts:AppleACPIPlatformAppleAHCIPortAppleAPICAppleSMBIOSIOAHCIFamilyIOACPIFamily

nd still no luck :( Any ideas?Regards,Mariusz.

Hi Mariuz,I still haven't got the solution yet. I have talked to another guy. He got the same error meesage as yours but his chip is RICOH, not TI. And he has used BrazilMac Patch to create his own Leopard. That is the information I know so far.Chun-Nan
Bad news for me. I tried all revs include rev1 to rev3, w/wo IOPCIFamily.kext come with it, but get kernel panic always.I read all the pre posts, and think that, may be EFI problem?My Both OS(leopard 10.5 and 10.5.1) tested, all boot with EFIv8.Anybody who tried it successful with EFI? Thanks to Chun-Nan, u give me new hope to get it work. I'll try later without EFI boot, any help will be appreciated.
Hi Hawie,Have you tried to use other ways to try to get PCCard working before? If you have, you have to restore the files you have replaced to the original files, especially those files from Tiger. I am using Leopard and compiled the leopard source codes. Or you may get the kernel panic by using my files.If you try rev1 and rev2, you "absolutely" have to edit the info.plist in IOPCCardFamily to match your machine. If you use rev3, you don't have to edit anything on info.plist.Chun-Nan

Hi guys,

Here is the IOPCCardFamily file with "debug info". If you have problems on your pccard, you can try to load this kext to see where and why it goes wrong.

1. Suggest you to unplug your pccard from the slot. (try to elimate the variables....)

2. Boot with "-s" to enter single user mode and you will see the information on pccard.

3. The generl steps would be: probe --> start --> configuration ......

If you got the kernel panic, try to find out if you have replaced some files from others and restore those files you have replaced and try again.

If you got the eorror message with "checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings", right now I haven't figured out the reason. (Have you ever used Brazilmac patch??)

If you got the other messages, post it if you would like.

If you would like to report your errors or problems, please also include some information on your system, ex. which leopard you are using. what kext you have replaced or installed, etc.

Don't forget to backup your original file before trying it.

Chun-Nan

P.S. If you would like to try rev1 and rev2 file, "REMEMBER" to edit info.plist inside IOPCCardFamily to match your machine or you may get the kernel panic while you plug your card into the slot. You don't have to do so if you try rev3.

IOPCCardFamily_debug.zip

Hi guys,

I have updated another revised of IOPCCardFamily. In this version, you do not have to edit the info.plist to match your machine. It is working on my notebook and I hope it will be helpful for those who don't how to change the info.plist. In addition, I also include the IOPCIFamily in case that some need it. (Both of two files are compiled from the original Leopard source code.)

How to use?

• Backup your original IOPCCardFamily driver (and IOPCIFamily driver)
  • Replace your IOPCCardFamily driver with the attached one that contains all necessary modifications
  • Reboot
  • As root, type "dmesg | grep PC"; you should see something about TI xx12 being found

Welcome to try it and let me know the result. Don't forget to backup the old files before trying it.

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

your 3rd rev works out-of-the-box on an Acer Travelmate 5720G with Kaly 10.5.1! I could test it with Exsys 1394 cardbus and attached DVD-drive. To sad that my Atheros 5001 wireless card (VEN=168C DEV=0013) was only recognized as an ethernet card, instead of an airport device. No idea if this depends on the PCIxx12 driver or something else.

Great job, well done! :wacko:

Thanks,

LowTech

Hi Chun-Nan,

I've found way to get it recognized (later I'll try to attach some PCMCIA device).

As I wrote you in PM I've used files from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...2&hl=pcmcia.

The steps where (I hope I remeber all of them in proper order):

1. Replaced following kexts with ones from 1051_AR5001_USBHSpeed.zip :

AppleACPIPlatform

AppleAPIC

IOACPIFamily

IOPCCARDFamily

IOPCIFamily

IOUSBFamily

2. Edited IOPCCardFamily Info.plist to mach my I/O and Memory Window

3. Replaced IOPCCardFamily inside IOPCCardFamily/Contents/MacOX with the one from IOPCCardFamily_debug.zip

4. Rebooted and got it recognized!

Here is the dmesg output after reboot:

IOPCCard info:   Mac OS X PCMCIA Card Services 3.1.22
IOPCCard info:	 options:  [pci] [cardbus] [pnp]
IOPCCard debug:  IOPCCardBridge::probe
IOPCCard debug:  IOPCCardBridge::start
IOPCCard debug:  IOPCCardBridge::configure
IOPCCard debug:  adding bridge mem space 0x88000000-0x8bfff000
IOPCCard debug:  cs: CardServices(AdjustResourceInfo, 0x0x12345678, 0x0x34923ce4)
IOPCCard debug:  adding bridge mem space 0x8c000000-0x8ffff000
IOPCCard debug:  cs: CardServices(AdjustResourceInfo, 0x0x12345678, 0x0x34923ce4)
IOPCCard debug:  adding bridge io  space 0x6000-0x60ff
IOPCCard debug:  adding bridge io  space 0x6400-0x64ff
IOPCCard debug:  cs: CardServices(GetCardServicesInfo, 0x0x34923d38, 0x0)
IOPCCard debug:  i82365.c 1.326 2000/10/02 20:27:49 (David Hinds)
IOPCCard info:   Intel PCIC probe: 
IOPCCard info:	 TI XX12 rev 00  PCI-to-CardBus phys mem 0xf0906000 virt mem 0x351da000IOPCCard debug:  IOPCCardBridge::setPowerState state=2

IOPCCard info:	   host opts [0]: [pci only] [pci irq 18] [lat 64/176] [bus 8/8]
IOPCCard info:	   PCI card interrupts, PCI status changes
IOPCCard debug:  cs: register_ss_entry(0-1, 0x0x350f2dff)
IOPCCard debug:  ds.c 1.104 2000/01/11 01:18:02 (David Hinds)
IOPCCard debug:  cs: CardServices(GetCardServicesInfo, 0x0x34923d44, 0x0)
IOPCCard debug:  cs: CardServices(BindDevice, 0x0x34923d3c, 0x0)
IOPCCard debug:  init_waitqueue_head stubbed out!
IOPCCard debug:  cs: bind_device(): client 0x0x47bbd04, sock 0, dev Driver Services
IOPCCard debug:  cs: CardServices(RegisterClient, 0x0x4681588, 0x0x34923cfc)
IOPCCard debug:  i82365: GetStatus(0) = 0x30
IOPCCard debug:  cs: register_client(): client 0x0x47bbd04, sock 0, dev Driver Services
IOPCCard debug:  IOPCCardBridge::setBridgePowerState state=2

Unfortunately I've lost my Broadcom WiFi (which is more important for me than PCMCIA) :)

Maybe this will guide you to solution to get it working under Leopard's kexts? In my humble opinion IOPCIFamily.kext can be the 'source of evil' :(

Regards,

Mariusz.

Hi Mariuz,I still haven't got the solution yet. I have talked to another guy. He got the same error meesage as yours but his chip is RICOH, not TI. And he has used BrazilMac Patch to create his own Leopard. That is the information I know so far.Chun-NanHi Hawie,Have you tried to use other ways to try to get PCCard working before? If you have, you have to restore the files you have replaced to the original files, especially those files from Tiger. I am using Leopard and compiled the leopard source codes. Or you may get the kernel panic by using my files.If you try rev1 and rev2, you "absolutely" have to edit the info.plist in IOPCCardFamily to match your machine. If you use rev3, you don't have to edit anything on info.plist.Chun-Nan

Yes, this guy was me lol

So, i have an Ricoh PCCard Chipset and got this error with v3 too: IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0

But i don't think so this don't work because of my patched installation with BrazilMac, because i use all vanilla kext, nothing patched no more...

And EFI isn't a problem too i think...

With the debug one i get something like that(not a copy, just typed by hand lol):

IOPCCard info: Mac OS X PCMCIA Card Services

IOPCCard info: options: [pci] [cardbus] [pnp]

IOPCCard debug: IOPCCardBridge::probe

IOPCCard debug: checkBridgeBusIDs invalid invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0

IOPCCard info: IOPCCARDBridge::free

So, let's see if we can get it running with Chun-Nan driver: anyone, however TI or Ricoh Chipset, plz post here if you got it runnning or not and which error you got...

Maybe this will guide you to solution to get it working under Leopard's kexts? In my humble opinion IOPCIFamily.kext can be the 'source of evil' :)

Regards,

Mariusz.

That was my thought too, but don't know how to change this...

Yes, this guy was me lol

So, i have an Ricoh PCCard Chipset and got this error with v3 too: IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0

But i don't think so this don't work because of my patched installation with BrazilMac, because i use all vanilla kext, nothing patched no more...

And EFI isn't a problem too i think...

With the debug one i get something like that(not a copy, just typed by hand lol):

IOPCCard info: Mac OS X PCMCIA Card Services

IOPCCard info: options: [pci] [cardbus] [pnp]

IOPCCard debug: IOPCCardBridge::probe

IOPCCard debug: checkBridgeBusIDs invalid invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0

IOPCCard info: IOPCCARDBridge::free

So, let's see if we can get it running with Chun-Nan driver: anyone, however TI or Ricoh Chipset, plz post here if you got it runnning or not and which error you got...

That was my thought too, but don't know how to change this...

I'm 99,99% sure it's IOPCIFamily.

I've just restored vanilla AppleACPIPlatform AppleAPIC IOACPIFamily and my Cardbus is recognized (like in previous post). When I put vanilla IOPCIFamily I get this checkBridgeBusIDs invalid invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0 message again.

p.s.

Vanilla IOUSBFamily and Broadcom WiFi also fails when using IOPCIFamily from 1051_AR5001_USBHSpeed.zip

Hope this help.

Regards,

Mariusz.

So i think, as i told Chan-Nun last night, we have to add our memory ranges, hw ids, ..., to IOPCIFamily and then it would run...

Will try this now with PCIFamily you chosen there...

I suspect apple removed our ven/dev ids from Leopards IOPCIFamily (they have done this before in other kexts), but I don't know how to add it to IOPCIFamily, I' not a developer.

Chun-Nan is our hope :(

p.s.

I suggest you to use AppleACPIPlatform AppleAPIC IOACPIFamily IOUSBFamily from 1051_AR5001_USBHSpeed.zip. When I've restored vanilla ones system was booting very slow so I've done hard reset.

Good Luck!

Regards,

Mariusz.

I tested it, v3 from Chan-Nun(Great work mate!!!) and IOPCIFamily above, and Voila: PCMCIA Chipset recognized by MACOSX...with all vanilla kext, booting ok but:

Airport not ok, USB patrially ok, Firewire not ok, some components not ok, and my PCMCIA device not ok/not recognized (3G PCMCIA Modem)...i think with this IOPCIFamily some HW IDs are gone lol

So, Chun-Nun, are you able to compile an new one with our IDs/Memory ranges please(you have my data :) )?

I suspect apple removed our ven/dev ids from Leopards IOPCIFamily (they have done this before in other kexts), but I don't know how to add it to IOPCIFamily, I' not a developer. Chun-Nan is our hope ;) p.s.I suggest you to use AppleACPIPlatform AppleAPIC IOACPIFamily IOUSBFamily from 1051_AR5001_USBHSpeed.zip. When I've restored vanilla ones system was booting very slow so I've done hard reset.Good Luck!Regards,Mariusz.
Hi Mariusz,You meant when you restored all the files you changed according to 1051_AR5001_USBHSpeed.zip, your pccard works but your Broadcom WiFi doesn't?If so, have you edited any those files to make your Broadcom WiFi work? If you have, can you let me know which files you have edited to make your WiFi work?Chun-NanBTW, what kind of interface does your Broadcom WiFi have? USB, built-in?
Hi Chun-Nan,your 3rd rev works out-of-the-box on an Acer Travelmate 5720G with Kaly 10.5.1! I could test it with Exsys 1394 cardbus and attached DVD-drive. To sad that my Atheros 5001 wireless card (VEN=168C DEV=0013) was only recognized as an ethernet card, instead of an airport device. No idea if this depends on the PCIxx12 driver or something else.Great job, well done! :D Thanks,LowTech
Hi LowTech,If you pccard works after using the rev3 file, you still have to edit the info.plist under IO80211Family.kext to have your Atheros 5001 recognized. The rev3 file only makes the pccard slot recognized and started.Chun-Nan
Hi Chun-Nan,One more little thing - my machine just refuses to boot if I enable Firewire ports in BIOS. When I boot with -v option, it freeses after those lines printed:IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe: TI XX12 rev 00AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabledIf I disable 1394, it boots up and works fine.Not a big deal for me but just in case :P
Hi Jave Duke,I am not sure if the firewire has anything to do with IOPCCardFamily. It seems that your pccard started correctly. Maybe you can try the kext with "debug info" to get more information and make sure the pccard started correctly or not.Chun-Nan

Hey there, yeah I have been through all of this almost 2 weeks ago and got the STOCK

IOPCCardFamily going on my ACER 3680 (TI xx12) on iATKOS v1.0i with loads of effort

(and some advice from kizwan and solu). The magic there was to use the 10.4.4

IOPCIFamily kext and then to find the correct model# and code into the plist of

the stock IOPCCardFamily with the right I/O ranges and it came up. I will try Chun Nan's

work maybe this weekend but I had it working using an NETGEAR WG311T WiFi card

and got Airport going! The last bit of magic to make Airport recognize the Atheros

chip on that card was to use a ?somewhat cooked? IO80211Family kext from someone,

just get the attached file and install with the Atheros card you have and it should work just

fine as it does for me (Airport sees it and comes up fine).

Now, If we could ONLY get the damn mini-PCIe card devices to work so onboard WiFi

is enabled so we don't have to use the PCCard cage... I've tried both the stock Atheros

card that came with the laptop and a Broadcom 94311 card I got (both with pin#20

taped over) and all I get is kernel panics when the driver loads when using the

10.4.4 IOPCIFamily (required to make the stock IOPCCardFamily see the TI xx12 chip).

IO80211Family.kext.zip

Hi Chun-Nan,

tried without EFI, kernel panic still exists.

tests with vanilla 10.5 kernel(9.0.0), ToH RC2 kernel(9.0.0), ToH sleep kernel(9.1.0), all same results as attached screen file. also tried with vanilla 10.5.1 kernel, no luck.

of cause, plist changed when tested with rev1 and rev2, IO/Memory ranges as attached.

my laptop is Toshiba Portege R500(U7600, 2G, 945GM, 120G HDD,...), Dual boot with Leopard 10.5.1 and Leopard 10.5, EFI + vanilla kernel / ToH sleep kernel.

The cardbus Only working as Mariusz post

FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 803a PCI now active, GUID 0000390000b10886; max speed s400.
IOPCCard debug:  adding bridge mem space 0x90000000-0x9fffffff
IOPCCard debug:  cs: CardServices(AdjustResourceInfo, 0x0x12345678, 0x0x33de7ce4)
IOPCCard debug:  adding bridge io  space 0x0-0x8fff
IOPCCard debug:  cs: CardServices(AdjustResourceInfo, 0x0x12345678, 0x0x33de7ce4)
IOPCCard debug:  adding bridge io  space 0xa000-0xffff
IOPCCard debug:  cs: CardServices(GetCardServicesInfo,I 0OxPCC0axr3d3d e7dd3e8b, u0gx: 0) 
IOPCCard info:	 TI XX12 rev 00  PCI-to-CardBus phys mem 0xff600000 virt mem 0x348e4000
IOPCCard info:	   host opts [0]: [pci only] [pci irq 21] [lat 64/176] [bus 4/4]
IOPCCard debug:  cs: register_ss_entry(0-1, 0x0x347a7dff)
IOPCCard debug:  cs: CardServices(GetCardServicesInfo, 0x0x33de7d44, 0x0)
IOPCCard debug:  cs: CardServices(BindDevice, 0x0x33de7d3c, 0x0)
IOPCCard debug:  cs: bind_device(): client 0x0x3aa3504, sock 0, dev Driver Services
IOPCCard debug:  cs: CardServices(RegisterClient, 0x0x3b06e08, 0x0x33de7cfc)
IOPCCard debug:  cs: register_client(): client 0x0x3aa3504, sock 0, dev Driver Services
IOPCCardBridge::setPowerState state=2

But I'll lost HDAaudio, mini-pcie Atheros 5008(work as Airport Extreme out of box), its not acceptable.

so I have to wait...

post-58199-1199839778_thumb.png

post-58199-1199846033_thumb.jpg

Hi Chun-Nan,

tests with vanilla 10.5 kernel(9.0.0), ToH RC2 kernel(9.0.0), ToH sleep kernel(9.1.0), all same results as attached screen file. also tried with vanilla 10.5.1 kernel, no luck.

of cause, plist changed when tested with rev1 and rev2, IO/Memory ranges as attached.

my laptop is Toshiba Portege R500(U7600, 2G, 945GM, 120G HDD,...), Dual boot with Leopard 10.5.1 and Leopard 10.5, EFI + vanilla kernel / ToH sleep kernel.

FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 803a PCI now active, GUID 0000390000b10886; max speed s400.
IOPCCard debug:  cs: CardServices(GetCardServicesInfo,I 0OxPCC0axr3d3d e7dd3e8b, u0gx: 0) 
IOPCCard info:	 TI XX12 rev 00  PCI-to-CardBus phys mem 0xff600000 virt mem 0x348e4000
IOPCCard debug:  cs: bind_device(): client 0x0x3aa3504, sock 0, dev Driver Services
IOPCCard debug:  cs: register_client(): client 0x0x3aa3504, sock 0, dev Driver Services

But I'll lost HDAaudio, mini-pcie Atheros 5008(work as Airport Extreme out of box), its not acceptable.

so I have to wait...

Do you still get kernel panic when you try Chun-Nan's kext rev 3 (without IOPCIFamily kext file included in the compress file)?

Hi Chun-Nan,

so I have to wait...

Hi, have you tried to get your pccard by replacing "some other kexts" before?

If you did, you probably need to restore those files back to the old ones.

Chun-Nan

Hey there, yeah I have been through all of this almost 2 weeks ago and got the STOCK

IOPCCardFamily going on my ACER 3680 (TI xx12) on iATKOS v1.0i with loads of effort

(and some advice from kizwan and solu). The magic there was to use the 10.4.4

IOPCIFamily kext and then to find the correct model# and code into the plist of

the stock IOPCCardFamily with the right I/O ranges and it came up. I will try Chun Nan's

work maybe this weekend but I had it working using an NETGEAR WG311T WiFi card

and got Airport going! The last bit of magic to make Airport recognize the Atheros

chip on that card was to use a ?somewhat cooked? IO80211Family kext from someone,

just get the attached file and install with the Atheros card you have and it should work just

fine as it does for me (Airport sees it and comes up fine).

Now, If we could ONLY get the damn mini-PCIe card devices to work so onboard WiFi

is enabled so we don't have to use the PCCard cage... I've tried both the stock Atheros

card that came with the laptop and a Broadcom 94311 card I got (both with pin#20

taped over) and all I get is kernel panics when the driver loads when using the

10.4.4 IOPCIFamily (required to make the stock IOPCCardFamily see the TI xx12 chip).

Hi Zaxboi,

Try Chun-Nan's rev 3 kext file. In the compress file (rev 3), you will find two kext file, IOPCCardFamily kext file & IOPCIFamily kext file. Just use IOPCCardFamily kext file. Don't forget to restore your original IOPCIFamily kext file. You don't need to add your I/O & Memory ranges with rev 3 kext. If your Netgear not detected after that, try restore original IO80211Family kext file & make sure your hardware DEV & VEN id already exist in the Info.plist file.

Good luck. ;)

Do you still get kernel panic when you try Chun-Nan's kext rev 3 (without IOPCIFamily kext file included in the compress file)?
Yes. always. I dont have the luck as u (-:if works with original IOPCIFamily, I think that is terminal solution for me:)
Hi, have you tried to get your pccard by replacing "some other kexts" before?If you did, you probably need to restore those files back to the old ones.Chun-Nan
my system just added dsmos.kext for EFI working. replace AppleSMBIOS for System Profiler, everything else use vanilla.Try restore IOPCIFamily, kernel panic apeared again.
tried three version of IOPCIFamily, the rev3 included, 10.5 vanilla file, 10.5.1 vanilla, all goes kernel panic. if only replaced with older IOPCIFamily(1.8?), yes, still kernel panic.

would u please pack the following kext files from ur woking leopard system for me?

AppleACPIPlatform

AppleSMBIOS

AppleAPIC

IOACPIFamily

IOPCCARDFamily

IOPCIFamily

IOUSBFamily

Maybe something else different cause kernel panic.

Yes. always. I dont have the luck as u (-:if works with original IOPCIFamily, I think that is terminal solution for me:)my system just added dsmos.kext for EFI working. replace AppleSMBIOS for System Profiler, everything else use vanilla.Try restore IOPCIFamily, kernel panic apeared again.tried three version of IOPCIFamily, the rev3 included, 10.5 vanilla file, 10.5.1 vanilla, all goes kernel panic. if only replaced with older IOPCIFamily(1.8?), yes, still kernel panic.

would u please pack the following kext files from ur woking leopard system for me?

AppleACPIPlatform

AppleSMBIOS

AppleAPIC

IOACPIFamily

IOPCCARDFamily

IOPCIFamily

IOUSBFamily

Maybe something else different cause kernel panic.

Hi,

I attached the kext files that you requested. All kext file is original kext file from ToH Leopard 9A581 RC2 except IOPCCardFamily kext file, which is Chun-Nan's rev 3 kext file. Good luck. :(

hawie.zip

Hi guys,Here is the source code and the modified (rev3) files I made for IOPCCardFamily. I didn't change anything on IOPCIFamily source code. You can download that source code from Apple website.Chun-Nan

I'm 99,99% sure it's IOPCIFamily.I've just restored vanilla AppleACPIPlatform AppleAPIC IOACPIFamily and my Cardbus is recognized (like in previous post). When I put vanilla IOPCIFamily I get this checkBridgeBusIDs invalid invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0 message again.p.s.Vanilla IOUSBFamily and Broadcom WiFi also fails when using IOPCIFamily from 1051_AR5001_USBHSpeed.zipHope this help.Regards,Mariusz.
Hi Mariusz, I still haven't found the reasons why the IOPCIFamily doesn't work on your machine. I didn't change anything on IOPCIFamily source code. Downloaded it from Apple and compiled it.I checked the IOPCIFamily inside 1501_AR5001_USBSpeed is 1.8 version while the one I got from Apple is 2.4 version.Chun-Nan

IOPCCardFamily_48_chunnan.zip

Hi,

I attached the kext files that you requested. All kext file is original kext file from ToH Leopard 9A581 RC2 except IOPCCardFamily kext file, which is Chun-Nan's rev 3 kext file. Good luck. :)

Replaced all. but... ;)

Restore only IOPCCardFamily(from vanilla or ToH, not working), kernel panic disappears.