Cardbus/PCMCIA Controller ID 104C:8039 Texas Instruments PCIxx12

solu

421 posts in this topic

So I am trying to get iATKOS v1.0i to see the TI xx12 cardbus adapter on my ACER3680 ...

The top of the original procedure states that Leopard now has support for this cardbus

interface and indeed I confirmed it with a 'strings|grep' but of course it won't initialize

it. I assume the memory map/IO port has to be changed in the Info.plist file. I went

and got the plist pro editor and attempted to edit the file but saw that it had sections

for various Powerbooks, each with a different set of I/O ports and memory mapped address

areas, so, once I find out where this laptop has its again (have to reinstall VISTA again

to find this out), which section do I edit? There is also a section "text x86" - any ideas?

Hi guys this is my lspci -v

07:09.1 SD Host controller: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter (rev 22)

Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Unknown device 30cc

Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 22

Memory at f8300800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 2

07:09.2 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller (rev 12)

Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11

Memory at f8300c00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

07:09.3 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter (rev 12)

Memory at f8301000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

07:09.4 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller (rev 12)

Memory at f8301400 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

I attacch the entire output

any suggestion?

Text_File.txt

Leopard 10.5.1 come with IOPCCardFamily 1.6.4. include 104c:8039 id. but IOPCCardBridge::start failed.

The attached file here is 1.6.2, and does kernel panic for me.

any 1.6.4 fixed version exists? or any details to DIY Info.plist?

Help...

hey ladies!

and...hrumph...gents.

I got my ENE CB140 on my Toshiba M35x-s109 working using Bugs Bunny instructions from page 2 of this thread and Barbie's numbers and kext. Props to both posters!

note: step 4 is the most important step to get it working!

Also remember, this procedure has been tested and works for JAS 10.4.8 intel and the ENE CB1410 PCMCIA Cardbus.

I'm not sure about others.

1) find the ranges for your device using an ubuntu boot cd. Start your computer with the cd, then go to terminal, type in

lspci -v then ENTER.

it should give you amongst others, the properties for your device. note the memory window and the I/O window values

2) back in OSX, backup your iopccardfamily.kext file and your iopcifamily.kext. Then download Barbie's iopccardfamily.kext, (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=17942), and Bugs Bunny's iopcifamily.kext (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=5362).

now input your values using Apple's Property List Editor (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=5288) and then copy the newly edited file and Bugs Bunny's IOPCIFamily.kext into your /system/library/extensions folder.

3) not really needed (im alluding to step 3 from post 1)

now for step 4)

4) using the program hexedit for osx, open the file /system/library/extensions/iopccardfamily.kext/macos/iopccardfamily

then in hexedit, open up find and replace from one of the menus at the top of the page.

under find, I put in 4C 10 16 AC and under replace, i put in 24 15 10 14 then clicked on replace.

after that, save, then quit hexedit and then run Bugs Bunny's repair permissions script app.

(http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=5289).

reboot, and then under terminal, type in

sudo dmesg | grep PC

it should ask you for you password

and voila! your card should be recognized as:

IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe: TI xx12 rev 00 or thereabouts

Good Luck, Kejon1. Hope lucks too~

but the iopcifamily.kext(1.8) is not working on Leopard 10.5.1. the only boot solution for my laptop(toshiba portege R500) is Leopard.

still need solution for 10.5.1

It's long time to wait...

Can anyone upload the original IOPCCardfamily.kext from Leopard? (1.6.4). I forgot to back it up when overwriting it, and I was thinking of doing some tweaking with it.

Thanks.

This is original IOPCCardFamily kext file from ToH 10.5. Is it possible to use it with original IOPCIFamily kext file in leopard? Right now I have to use IOPCIFamily kext file from 10.4.4.

IOPCCardFamily.kext.zip

Hello,

Here is the IOPCCardFamily file that I have worked on this week. I complied the source files offered from Apple and also fixed some bugs. I also add the flag for TI xx21 but not sure if it will work. I only have Leopard installed so I don't know if it will work on Tiger or not.

http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsour...PCCardFamily-48

How to use?

• Backup your original IOPCCardFamily driver
  • Replace your IOPCCardFamily driver with the attached one that contains all necessary modifications
  • Reboot
  • As root, type "dmesg | grep PC"; you should see something about TI xx12 being found

Welcome to try it. Don't forget to backup the old files before trying it.

Chun-Nan

Chun-Nan,

I just downloaded and installed your kext. At boot I see the message indicating that TI xx12 is recognized, but none of the PC cards I try to insert is recognized.

Could it be that problem is in my IOPCIFamily.kext? Can you please post yours?

Thanks a lot!

Oh, and here's my ioreg:

| |   |   +-o C210@6  <class IOPCIDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 8>
   | |   |   | | {
   | |   |   | |   "IOPCIResourced" = Yes
   | |   |   | |   "#address-cells" = <03000000>
   | |   |   | |   "IOName" = "pci104c,8039"
   | |   |   | |   "IOInterruptControllers" = ("io-apic-0")
   | |   |   | |   "IOPMPCIConfigSpaceVolatile" = No
   | |   |   | |   "class-code" = <00070600>
   | |   |   | |   "IOPowerManagement" = {"ChildrenPowerState"=2,"CurrentPowerState"=2}
   | |   |   | |   "revision-id" = <00000000>
   | |   |   | |   "IOInterruptSpecifiers" = (<1200000007000000>)
   | |   |   | |   "IOChildIndex" = 1
   | |   |   | |   "built-in" = <00>
   | |   |   | |   "device-id" = <39800000>
   | |   |   | |   "vendor-id" = <4c100000>
   | |   |   | |   "acpi-path" = "IOACPIPlane:/_SB/C003@0/C094@1e0000/C210@60000"
   | |   |   | |   "ranges" = <00000082000000000000000000000082000000000000000000000000000010000000008100000
00000000000000008100000000000000000000000000100000>
   | |   |   | |   "name" = "pci104c,8039"
   | |   |   | |   "reg" = <00300200000000000000000000000000000000001030020200000000000000000000000000100
00>
   | |   |   | |   "compatible" = <"pci104c,8039","pciclass,060700">
   | |   |   | |   "IOPCIHotPlug" = Yes
   | |   |   | |   "#size-cells" = <02000000>
   | |   |   | | }
   | |   |   | | 
   | |   |   | +-o IOPCCardBridge  <class IOPCCardBridge, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>
   | |   |   |     {
   | |   |   |       "IOProviderClass" = "IOPCIDevice"
   | |   |   |       "IOProbeScore" = 18446744073709551516
   | |   |   |       "Debug Settings" = {"i82365"=2,"Card Services"=3,"Driver Services"=3,"Card Bus"=3}
   | |   |   |       "IOKitDebug" = 0
   | |   |   |       "IOPCIClassMatch" = "0x06070000"
   | |   |   |       "CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.iokit.IOPCCardFamily"
   | |   |   |       "Configuration Settings" = {"PowerBook3,1"={"Memory Ranges"=(<f4200000f4200fff>,<ffeff000ffefffff>,<dc000000dfffffff>,<000df000000dffff>),"I/O Port Ranges"=(<0000fe000000feff>,<$
   | |   |   |       "Bridge Memory Ranges" = (0,1048575)
   | |   |   |       "IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"
   | |   |   |       "Bridge IO Ranges" = (0,4095)
   | |   |   |       "IOPowerManagement" = {"CurrentPowerState"=2,"DeviceChangePowerState"=2,"DriverChangePowerState"=2}
   | |   |   |       "IOClass" = "IOPCCardBridge"
   | |   |   |     }

Hi Java Duke,

I didn't change anything on IOPCIFamily. I have fixed some bugs on IOPCCardFamily today and hope it will work this time.

Try the revised one and let me know the result. Don't forget to backup the old files before trying it.

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

Your revised kext file is working for me in ToH leopard. Now I don't have to replace my IOPCIFamily kext file to old one. So far, my pcmcia wireless adapter is working perfectly without need to use old kext file. Thank you.

Hi Java Duke,

I didn't change anything on IOPCIFamily. I have fixed some bugs on IOPCCardFamily today and hope it will work this time.

Try the revised one and let me know the result. Don't forget to backup the old files before trying it.

Chun-Nan

dont work for me .. at boot

06/01/08 17:06:12 kernel IOPCCard info:   Intel PCIC probe:   TI XX12 rev 00

when i insert pcmcia card

in log appaer this

IOPCCard info:   cs: cb_alloc(bus 9): unable to create cardbus nub for socket 0

when i remove pcmcia card

in log appaer this

IOPCCard: shutting down socket 0.

:unsure:

Hi Java Duke,

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

Thank you for trying but no joy yet - although it looks like it's one step closer ;)

What happens that if I boot with PCCard inserted, I get kernel panic. If I insert card after boot, the machine just freezes.

I attached the screenshot with the backtrace, hope it will help you to indicate the problem.

post-32287-1199642052_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

To pincopanco:

It seems like the TI controller is activated, not the PCCard. Do you have any information on the PCCard?

To Jave Duke:

Is your PCCard PCMCIA or Cardbus? I have the same problem with my PCMCIA PCCard but not with my Cardbus Card. I am not sure why it happens yet but I will try to find out the reason. Let me know if your PCCard is PCMCIA or Cardbus.

Chun-Nan

Is your PCCard PCMCIA or Cardbus? I have the same problem with my PCMCIA PCCard but not with my Cardbus Card. I am not sure why it happens yet but I will try to find out the reason. Let me know if your PCCard is PCMCIA or Cardbus.

Chun-Nan

I think it's CardBus. The card is Linksys WPC54G Wireless-G adapter. If I google for the card, some results say it's PCMCIA and some say it's CardBus :D But it does have that gold strip across the connector, so I think it's CardBus.

I think it's CardBus. The card is Linksys WPC54G Wireless-G adapter. If I google for the card, some results say it's PCMCIA and some say it's CardBus ;) But it does have that gold strip across the connector, so I think it's CardBus.

Hi,

I have the same card, Linksys WPC54G with hardware version 3. My card have broadcom chipset, BCM4318. I thought cardbus & pcmcia is a same thing, right? My card is recognize & working in ToH leopard after using Chun-Nan revised kext file. I don't know how to fix your problem but do you replace any kext file to older version?

Hi,

I have the same card, Linksys WPC54G with hardware version 3. My card have broadcom chipset, BCM4318. I thought cardbus & pcmcia is a same thing, right? My card is recognize & working in ToH leopard after using Chun-Nan revised kext file. I don't know how to fix your problem but do you replace any kext file to older version?

Hmm, not that I can think of. My IOPCIFamily.kext is the original one from KALYWAY CD, I use vanilla kernel and most kexts are from original cd too.

One thing that might interfere with the IOPCCard is my modified PowerManagement.bundle. I'll try to disable it and will post my results here.

Hi Java Duke,

I have been tracing the source all the afternoon. The only conclusion I come up so far is the difference between 16bit and 32bit PCCard.

Something strange happened while I pluged into my 32bit card into slot, unplug the 32bit card, and plug my 16bit card into slot, it didn't crash and detected the 16bit. If you have extra 32bit card, maybe you can try it to see the result.

I am not sure why and am still working on it. :hysterical:

Chun-Nan

Hi Java Duke,

I have been tracing the source all the afternoon. The only conclusion I come up so far is the difference between 16bit and 32bit PCCard.

Something strange happened while I pluged into my 32bit card into slot, unplug the 32bit card, and plug my 16bit card into slot, it didn't crash and detected the 16bit. If you have extra 32bit card, maybe you can try it to see the result.

I am not sure why and am still working on it. :hysterical:

Chun-Nan

I have another wifi card in the office, will try it tomorrow. The one that crashes is 32-bit too though, I found the spec sheet on the Linksys website and it says it's 32-bit cardbus interface.

In any case, I appreciate your help so much! :P

Hmm, not that I can think of. My IOPCIFamily.kext is the original one from KALYWAY CD, I use vanilla kernel and most kexts are from original cd too.

One thing that might interfere with the IOPCCard is my modified PowerManagement.bundle. I'll try to disable it and will post my results here.

You can try Brazilmac's Post patch. Maybe it can help you. Observe the patch script first before attempting to execute it.

Hi Java Duke,

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

I've a TI PCIxx12 (VEN_104C DEV_8039 SUBSYS_FF101179 REV_00\4&6B16D5B&0&30F0) card and I've tried your kext but during boot I get message:

IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0

I've added my linux IO port and memory windows under ADP2.1 branch, maybe that's what i've done wrong?

Below is my linux output:

MEM Window: 8800 0000 - 8bff f000
				 8c00 0000 - 8fff f000

IO Port:		 0000 6000 - 0000 60ff
				 0000 6400 - 0000 64ff

Could you prepare IOPCCardFamily.kext with my values, cause I've spent a lot of time with this bloody PCMCIA and I'm loosing hope to get it working?

I'd be very thankful for this!

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Mariusz.

Hi Chun-Nan,

I've a TI PCIxx12 (VEN_104C DEV_8039 SUBSYS_FF101179 REV_00\4&6B16D5B&0&30F0) card and I've tried your kext but during boot I get message:

IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0

I've added my linux IO port and memory windows under ADP2.1 branch, maybe that's what i've done wrong?

Below is my linux output:

MEM Window: 8800 0000 - 8bff f000
				  8c00 0000 - 8fff f000

IO Port:		 0000 6000 - 0000 60ff
				  0000 6400 - 0000 64ff

Could you prepare IOPCCardFamily.kext with my values, cause I've spent a lot of time with this bloody PCMCIA and I'm loosing hope to get it working?

I'd be very thankful for this!

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Mariusz.

Referring to your signature, you're using leopard. You need to change ADP2,1 to your "Model Identifier". Refer to your System Profiler. My "Model Identifier" is ACPI, so I need to change:-

<key>ADP2,1</key>

to

<key>ACPI</key>