OSX on DELL Vostro 3450 / Inspiron N4110 / XPS L702x UEFI Clover

TimeWalker75a

1,149 posts in this topic

17    2 0xffffff7f8132f000 0x1d000    0x1d000    org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC (1328) <10 7 5 4 3 1>
   20    0 0xffffff7f81df8000 0x8000     0x8000     org.rehabman.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager (1.53) <10 4 3>
   21    0 0xffffff7f81352000 0x5000     0x5000     org.hwsensors.driver.CPUSensors (1328) <17 7 5 4 3>
   34    0 0xffffff7f81de8000 0x8000     0x8000     org.hwsensors.driver.ACPISensors (1328) <17 10 7 5 4 3>
   38    2 0xffffff7f80c09000 0xe000     0xe000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (1.8.13) <10 7 5 4 3 1>
   44    0 0xffffff7f80c7e000 0x18000    0x18000    com.insanelymac.RealtekRTL8100 (1.0.0) <43 11 5 4 3 1>
   58    0 0xffffff7f80c26000 0x6000     0x6000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (1.8.13) <38 35 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   59    0 0xffffff7f80c17000 0xb000     0xb000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad (1.8.13) <38 35 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   87    0 0xffffff7f81485000 0x3000     0x3000     org.tw.CodecCommander (2.2.1) <86 35 7 6 5 4 3 1>

Above is the list of non-apple kexts installed in the system, ACPIBacklight and CustomPeripheral kexts are missing for some reason. I can only suspect that AppleHDA resources were not added too.. 

The error about IGPU not being enabled properly still persists in your log - [AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform. Also ther's another reference to the problem you are facing regarding graphics: PEGP: Not usable. Looking in your Graphics section of System Profiler I see AMD graphics is not disabled properly:

7d417081d4.png

Seeing how your SsdtIGPU table does't have external reference to External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF, MethodObj), it only means you have selected incorrect motherboard type in the installer.. instead of choosing AMD you chose Intel. Which explains why it works with files from USB, because files from USB are the same as AMD-SG. The patch for VGA and HDMI is present in config and therefore should work, provided you install properly. Your IGPU is not being enabled because of _DSM conflicts with your original ACPI tables and custom ACPI tables.

It works better now after installing SCT for my motherboard. However I am still having issues with VGA and lid sleep. VGA works fine when plugging in a monitor, but does not detect when I disconnect the VGA cable.  It still shows the monitor in System Preferences > Display even after I press detect displays button. Lid sleep is not working at all when I close or open the lid.

s3n4te.ioreg2.txt

s3n4te.darwindump2.zip

Hi again,

I have a strange issue with the Keyboard. Generally Volume buttons should work with Fn + F11 or F12 and Mute FN + Mute key. But it seems that Fn doesn't work or is not required. When i press F11 or F12 is changing the volume (without Fn) (Same goes for brightness) instead of showing Desktop or Dashboard. The mute key just display Mute (OSD) but does not actually mute the sound. 

Did i missed something? I remember that with Chameleon the Fn + F1 - F12 was working. Is it because of UEFI implementation of Dell?

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

With the mute function seems there is not working properly. Shows the image but does't mute. Maybe a driver issue. (i can live with :) )

Not sure, has to be something on your end... Works ok here.

The button for mute is a special case - works with and without Fn, producing a regular ps2 scancode.

I made a clean yosemite install using DELL SCT OSX Support Package v1.1.1. on n4110 

Everything was recognized, but the sound is terrible. It's too low. at full volume sounds worse.

The laptop has i5 processor, 8GB memory, Intel HD3000.

Only using headphone sounds better. On windows the audio works fine.  

post-21246-0-57826300-1414436984_thumb.png

post-21246-0-44043800-1414437025_thumb.pngALC269

patched.zip

config.plist.zip

For clover use efi or uefi?

Isn't this clear from the title of this thread?

Everything was recognized, but the sound is terrible. It's too low. at full volume sounds worse.

On Windows there are fancy SRS audio enhancements, there are none on OSX. However I beg to disagree, the sound my Vostro 3450 outputs at full volume is crisp and clear and is very audible, you can watch a movie no problem. I can even leave the laptop in the room and go all the way to the other side of my apartment to cook something in the kitchen and hum to the songs playing without any issues. Either your speakers are blown or something is different about speaker wattage in Inspiron (funny if this is indeed the case, considering Vostro is business line and Inspiron is entertainment line).

After use dell sct package install, still not work wifi, lan, sound, usb 3

Very informative. Good to know. 

Either your speakers are blown or something is different about speaker wattage in Inspiron (funny if this is indeed the case, considering Vostro is business line and Inspiron is entertainment line).

¿Must i measure those values (wattagge)?

​Just now i'm trying to follow these instructions, (backing first AppleHDA Kext and clover settings)  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295001-guide-to-patch-applehda-for-your-codec/ and try to patch it.

I'm new to OS X but i know linux. I was searching  the  HDEF on DSDT.aml, but i noticed three files ssdt-{1,2,3}.aml and i can't find HDEF section. ¿the DELL SCT OSX Support Package v1.1.1 did not create that section and i must to create manually?  ¿If yes, in which file? all the instructions saw me one "aml" file without -{1,2,3}. I dont know if this setup is right,   (sorry about too many questions) 

If after installation you only have single SSDT that is used for monitoring purposes I suggest you to reinstall. Everything has been pre-patched in AppleHDA, so if you have sound it means patched resources along with SSDT where layout is injected are being h utilised.

P.S. Entiendo Español.

Hi guys - just a quick observation/issue/whatever I just spotted. Not sure if it's been flagged already or if it can help to solve someone else's problems.

I noticed that under Clover, on resume from sleep (mode 3) kernel_task, coreaudiod and windowserver exhibited very high CPU loads. This did not happen under Chameleon. Initially I thought it was the cvar issue, but even after clearing the nvram through Pflash the same issue kept occurring. Both on new and previous Clover versions. Finally I put EmuVariable-64.efi back into the driver64UEFI folder and now sleep under Clover works fine. Not sure if it's due to the recent changes in Clover (post 2947) or indeed any bugs in OsxAptioFix, but with the emulated efi the issue is solved. Until we have a better way of using nvram on our SCT 2.0....

Thanks for observation, Julian. I'm not going back to EmuVariable, certainly not with Yosemite and RC script deprecation.. even though we have launch daemon, I still would use what had to be there on day 1, but wasn't, thanks to DELL.

Hibernate mode 3 uses encryption (and that's the one that is able to put the laptop to sleep on demand), which has never been reverse-engineered after 10.7 was released. That why I set the installer to change the mode to 7 from default 0 we used previously. At a cost of loosing on demand sleep at low battery warning (I can do this myself once I see the notification popping) I get no high loads or any other issues and hibernate works flawlessly too. 

Thanks for observation, Julian. I'm not going back to EmuVariable, certainly not with Yosemite and RC script deprecation.. even though we have launch daemon, I still would use what had to be there on day 1, but wasn't, thanks to DELL.

Hibernate mode 3 uses encryption (and that's the one that is able to put the laptop to sleep on demand), which has never been reverse-engineered after 10.7 was released. That why I set the installer to change the mode to 7 from default 0 we used previously. At a cost of loosing on demand sleep at low battery warning (I can do this myself once I see the notification popping) I get no high loads or any other issues and hibernate works flawlessly too. 

Thanks for the tip TW. I've solved the problem by switching to OsxAptioFix2Drv (instead of AptioFix) and setting mode 0 instead of 3/7 (I prefer sleep to RAM anyway and like you said I can see the red battery notification popping in any case so no need to hibernate).

Oh and FWIW - the KP with VT-d can be solved with dart=0. Useful for bootloaders that cannot reliably drop specific SSDT tables (*cough*chameleon*cough*)