Bootloader

• Please log in to reply
5095 replies to this topic

stehor

stehor

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:MacMini6,1/asrock z97m anniversary/4790/hd4600 ozmosis/skylake builds asus h170m-e/i3-7100/16g r...

have you disabled the via firewire in bios ?

ammoune78

ammoune78

INVOLVE THE FINDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Firmware, OS X, Playing Games, Scratching guitar with Dave MUSTAINE Music and taking m...

An interesting finding by our Russian hacker @savvamitrofanov about FirmwareFeatures(Mask) value burned into Apples firmware updates

IM142_0118_B44_LOCKED.scap: EFI updates available from 10.12.5 update.

FirmwareFeaturesMask: 0000000000000444         mov        eax, 0xff1fff3f

FIrmwareFeatures: 000000000000044d         mov        eax, 0xe007e137

SMC Version (system): 2.15f7

ce583e1d39.png

Interesting if I can open this file  :D , but don't know app used for :rolleyes: ?

craike

craike

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Interesting if I can open this file  :D , but don't know app used for :rolleyes: ?

Hopper Disassembler V4

ammoune78

ammoune78

INVOLVE THE FINDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Firmware, OS X, Playing Games, Scratching guitar with Dave MUSTAINE Music and taking m...

macOS High Sierra Beta 2 : Attached File  macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.dmg   135.09KB   15 downloads

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 385 posts

@ammoune78. thank you

ammoune78

ammoune78

INVOLVE THE FINDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

@ammoune78. thank you

:wink_anim:

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 385 posts

Could someone be so kind and send me a link to the Dstd2Bios tool please. as i would like to try and add converted DSDT to bois

Kynyo

Kynyo

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Here

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 385 posts

@Kynyo Thank you  for your help

bs0d

bs0d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

note to all, when replacing acpi tables such as DSDT inside the bios its very important to use a copy of the table your replacing as the starting point for your edits, rather than one gathered from boot loader or within an OS.

Kynyo

Kynyo

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Could someone upload new apfs.ffs from DP2?

Thanks.

ammoune78

ammoune78

INVOLVE THE FINDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

note to all, when replacing acpi tables such as DSDT inside the bios its very important to use a copy of the table your replacing as the starting point for your edits, rather than one gathered from boot loader or within an OS.

Yes, and you can follow steps made by FredWst in the first post of this topic, and find tables needed to be modified, and find all tables that contain the name of the devices you're changing the name, so you can avoid any prob!

ACPI tables in each motherboard series can change, so better searching in all Freeform modules in the bios, extract them all as X.aml, and remember the GUID of each module that the aml was extracted from, after disassembling the tables, modified by your own, you can replace them in the right module!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kynyo

Kynyo

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

APFS.efi from DP2. (545KB)

APFS.ffs from DP2. (262KB)

ammoune78

ammoune78

INVOLVE THE FINDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

FredWst Dsdt2Bios 0.4.12 last updated : Attached File  Dsdt2Bios-0.4.12.zip   547.57KB   6 downloads

IronManJFF

IronManJFF

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

APFS.efi from DP2. (545KB)

APFS.ffs from DP2. (262KB)

Assuming i would use APFS.efi instead of burning APFS.ffs into BIOS, what is the prefered location to store it ? /EFI/Oz ? /EFI/Oz/Darwin ? /EFI/Oz/Darwin/Extensions ?

Will it be auto discovered/loaded or do I need to load it manually every time or do a one time config ?

Thanks.

Download-Fritz

Download-Fritz

ygolohcysp desreveR

• Developers
  • 693 posts

Extensions is for macOS kexts, not for UEFI drivers. If you use Ozmosis from HDD via bcfg, you can just add APFS via bcfg as well and it will 'just work'. If you have Oz flashed, you either need to go to Shell and reconnect the Partition drivers (or everything), flash APFS or write a small driver that loads + connects APFS.

EDIT: Just remembered that on AppleLife, it seems like they are working on getting ApfsJumpStart to work... if that works out, you can then use that driver and everything 'just works' as well.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy