Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Why you dont just drop your "fixed" DSDT.aml into "EFI\Oz\Acpi\Load" & not to touch any OEM value in firmware? You can flash your ATI card to get GOP support & full UEFI booting. Without @Pene PatchVBios is just a myth IMHO >>>

Fixed DSDT.aml already in "EFI\Oz\Acpi\Load", But I hoped that it would be possible to write a patcher in the BIOS. Relatively flashing firmware ATI card, I would’t like to do it, considering

that I do not know what card I will be able to buy in the near time.  :rolleyes:

Just want to tell all that I finally was able to get into to HS 10.13!!! 

Although this was not related to Ozmosis because I was forced to use Clover to the install and initial boot until MATS can be patched in my AMIBoardinfo file.

The problem was related to how Clover loads its Kexts from its 10.12 Folder. For what ever reason Clover loaded FakeSMC just fine on the usb installer,

but it needed to the crucial kexts inside the 'Kexts/other' folder such that this whole time FakeSMC wasn't being loaded!

Not in the 10.12 folder!

Homer Simpson moment here!

Now that I have verified I can load HS I will start patching my tables and use Oz.

Thanks.

Edit:

Also wanted to make a correction. It wasn’t just that. Also needed the correct SSDT aml file from RampageDev such that copying the FakeSMC kext to ‘Kexts/other’ only opened the door. Now I need to hard mod the binary code of the MATS table in my bios but can’t find exactly its location. Its suppose to be in a raw freeform file but I can’t find it. Found redundant MATS table code in the OnOffCharge SMM+ DXE modules in my bios but they dont match 100% to what Clover F4 pulled. Does anyone know how to find the MATS table in a bios file?

Thanks

• Like 1

don't hold your breath for new features or fixes. there is no work underway for either or likely to be.

Guess, at some point, cold weather, terrorist attacks, global bankrupt, BRExit or whatever else will gather some free time to dev's and some improved stuff will come out. ;)

Is best to be positive then negative...

• Like 4

Why you dont just drop your "fixed" DSDT.aml into "EFI\Oz\Acpi\Load" & not to touch any OEM value in firmware? You can flash your ATI card to get GOP support & full UEFI booting. Without @Pene PatchVBios is just a myth IMHO >>>

Some fixes like renaming need to be applied to dsdt and to some ssdt's...

With current clover rename it replace in all the ssdt's too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Guess, at some point, cold weather, terrorist attacks, global bankrupt, BRExit or whatever else will gather some free time to dev's and some improved stuff will come out. ;)

Is best to be positive then negative...

wasn't being negative, just honest. the same things were said last summer and winter came and went :-)

If you saw the hardcore message behind that pic like me, yes, Oz will come with lot of extra features, with some configuration directly from your bios setup screen.. Please vote!

This picture and maybe others has already begun to be hardcoded, their time has not yet come for us! We wait its space time  :hysterical:

It's a pity, but the KextPatcher.efi doesn't seem to work for me, probably because of my curved hands. I tried flash it in bios, but Kexts isn't patch. And UEFI BIOS isn’t possible to works on 5770 because 5770 rom not have enough space to keep UEFI.

someone can share kextpatcher.efi? i cant compile it from cecec repo(

cecekpawon removed the linked kextpatcher.efi, I don't know if i have permission to post it again!

It's a pity, but the KextPatcher.efi doesn't seem to work for me, probably because of my curved hands. I tried flash it in bios, but Kexts isn't patch. And UEFI BIOS isn’t possible to works on 5770 because 5770 rom not have enough space to keep UEFI.

kextpatcher.efi doesn't need to be on your BIOS file but instead, put it in Efi/ Oz/ kextpatcher.efi. Your ATI 5770 can be flashed easily with the help of the guide that cecekpawon posted to you, just make sure that:

- if your VBIOS comes from a dump, you must remove the end padding, so that the flasher doesn't complain about the big size of the file.

- make sure you don't remove extra data when removing padding.

- make sure the new size is not a problem. To do so, check the size of the VBIOS dump = this is the size of the chip.

Or go to SAPPHIRE support, login or create a new account, create a new ticket for your G-Card, and make a request for the last ROM update, with this one you can you should have more free space.      

Hi,

What is this kext patcher you guys have been discussing and why would you need it?

Thanks

Kextpatcher.efi

You can patch on the fly like Clover, to put in Efi/ Oz/kextpatcher.efi

Edited by ammoune78

First thing to do is:

fs0:
cd EFI
bcfg driver dump
bcfg driver add #num driver.efi "driver"

Then it can't patch for the moment all the things but, some are ready to for! You can test by your self and report here your experience in a comment, like what worked and what not! So it can help cecekpawon to find where's the tricks  ^_^

So guys whats the status on Nvidia support with 10.13? I read that its a pain to install and you only get partial support if your lucky?

Right now running off of the igpu so I question why I even need a discrete gpu for my hack.

Thanks

No More MATS Dropping for me!!!

I was able to boot into HS 10.13 beta this time using Oz only, didn't need to use Clover, and didn't need to drop MATS! 

This what I did:

1. Searched for 'MATS' using UEFITool and searching for the hex equivalent of '4D 41 54 53'

2. Found that string in my Gigabyte Z87 bios inside two modules called 'OnOffChargeDXE' and 'OnOffChargeSMM'

3. Extracted both PE32 bodies only to a file and edit the 'Compiler ID' String to say 'INTL' (Not necessary to adjust the check sum).

4. Replaced the pe32 body only with my edited versions

5.  Save the file and flash!

Only thing is I still have to boot from the igpu and sometimes still get no picture upon reboot (Looks like an unplugged cable wire - All static on the screen). Maybe the igpu rom needs to be updated or proper dsdt edits still needed?

Also still get 'Invalid Firewire GUID 000000000000' message on the verbose boot details even after deleting the VIA1394 modules from my bios rom.  As the system now boots I think that message was unrelated to the original issue I had. If I could figure this one out that would be great!

Thanks

• Like 1

Hello, day 2 using ozmosis here with questions: why Oz seem never load my dev-prop.bin? How to make it work?

EFI/OZ/dev-prop.bin

Here is what I have found with DumpUefiCalls, maybe (still) could be useful (untested)

FP.C7D41F20[\].Open('\Efi\Oz\Darwin\dev-prop.bin', 1, 1) = Not Found

No More MATS Dropping for me!!!

I was able to boot into HS 10.13 beta this time using Oz only, didn't need to use Clover, and didn't need to drop MATS! 

This what I did:

1. Searched for 'MATS' using UEFITool and searching for the hex equivalent of '4D 41 54 53'

2. Found that string in my Gigabyte Z87 bios inside two modules called 'OnOffChargeDXE' and 'OnOffChargeSMM'

3. Extracted both PE32 bodies only to a file and edit the 'Compiler ID' String to say 'INTL' (Not necessary to adjust the check sum).

4. Replaced the pe32 body only with my edited versions

5.  Save the file and flash!

Only thing is I still have to boot from the igpu and sometimes still get no picture upon reboot (Looks like an unplugged cable wire - All static on the screen). Maybe the igpu rom needs to be updated or proper dsdt edits still needed?

Also still get 'Invalid Firewire GUID 000000000000' message on the verbose boot details even after deleting the VIA1394 modules from my bios rom.  As the system now boots I think that message was unrelated to the original issue I had. If I could figure this one out that would be great!

Thanks

Great work, finally you've passed the stage :D ! Why you don't disable the Firewire from the BIOS Settings instead of deleting it from the ROM? Maybe the message will disappear! 

Well I think it does not work according to @cecekpawon's tests or has something changed since then?

Heres the latest status of current patcher:

- Able to hook ExitBootServices (sorry DF, my bad)

- Able to log to file

- Unable to get to the right address for prelinkinfo, related to relocbase (memfix) I think

In my opinion, disable this option via DMIEDIT.exe, or leave your BIOS as is if it worked with HS! Or you will have a headache, forget to mod it about 2 weak or month, then try again!  ^_^