Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Thank you very much! Do I only have to flash the bios or should I do anything else with the AmiBoardinfo and DSDT(Efi/Quo/Acpi/Load)? Sorry for the dumb questions, but until now I only flashed my bios and nothing else :) Thanks for your patience :)

Just flash the bios, no need AmiBoardInfo and DSDT because it's already there!

Hi friends, somenone have used ozmosis with new Z97 Chipset? any ints about it? 

Hi Aigors  :D ! How are you ;) ?

I think the Z97 chipset will work also with osmosis because he's based on AMI UEFI Bios. Now if you need DSDT patch, Pjalm has made a new website, you can try to contact him.

And, in my opinion, the Z77MX-QUO-AOS is, i think, the most board that is completely compatible with Ozmosis, now i'm on MacBook Pro, and the next machine that i'm planning to buy is "iMac 14,2 27" i7 or Z77MX-QUO-AOS", because i don't need to waste my time to make other staffs to be working :yes:  ^_^ .

• Like 1

Good news, it seems that it's' possible to install mavericks on asus z97i-plus but you have to use bios flashback mechanism to update bios with ozmosis stuff inside, the m2 disk works OOB after, i have to fix DSDT i hope someone can help me on fixing 

Good news, it seems that it's' possible to install mavericks on asus z97i-plus but you have to use bios flashback mechanism to update bios with ozmosis stuff inside, the m2 disk works OOB after, i have to fix DSDT i hope someone can help me on fixing 

Hi Aigors!

Which processor do you use for this board?

Hi ammoune, the same, i3-4130 but i need to edit DSDT to fix graphics and to add BCM4532 

I can contribute removing nvram smi lock for Z97-I Plus

Thanks, can you explain me what does involves? i apologise for my lack of knowledge.

Maybe can set some variable with nvram command that survive to reboot? 

Hi ammoune, the same, i3-4130 but i need to edit DSDT to fix graphics and to add BCM4532 

Thanks, can you explain me what does involves? i apologise for my lack of knowledge.

Yes, you can set the required variables with nvram command to be saved into nvram area as explained on page one.

Ok, can i flashback this bios? i'v notice that it's not cap file, so i don't know if it's safe flashback it.

if you have modified some guid, i can replace with your modified 

So we cant use no cap file and it's a problem because if i save BIOS cap file with uefitools the program show me incorrect chechsum of cap file,so i cant integrate dsdt into amiboardinfo

Ok, my fault :-) i explaine how i did it ( like professor frankenstein ) :D 

I use mmtool to add ozmosis modules into bios, after, i rename bios like flashback naming scheme, in this way i obtain a bios that can be flashed via flashback procedure.

Ok, my fault :-) i explaine how i did it ( like professor frankenstein ) :D

I use mmtool to add ozmosis modules into bios, after, i rename bios like flashback naming scheme, in this way i obtain a bios that can be flashed via flashback procedure.

your rom has an option for bios lock, you can un-set it with sce most likely

after that you can even use intel fpt for flashing whatever you like

post-217399-0-30954200-1405268413_thumb.png

can you suggest me where i can read the procedure? it's' possible to do it under dos ? i dont have windows installed on and i would like to avoid to installa on 

can you suggest me where i can read the procedure? it's' possible to do it under dos ? i dont have windows installed on and i would like to avoid to installa on 

I forgot to say THANKS FOR YOUR TIME THAT YOU DEDICATE TO TEACH ME :D

here's a dos version (scedos)

dump your nv settings using

SCEDOS /o /s nvram.txt /h Hii.db /v /q

open the nvram.txt file and search for the word "lock", for me it appears several time but I search for "Bios Lock" exactly:

post-217399-0-94990400-1405269895_thumb.png

jump to the position(s) and change

post-217399-0-50046200-1405270046_thumb.png

to

post-217399-0-67090700-1405270057_thumb.png

the comment // Move "*" to the desired Option explains howto to edit the file correctly.

you'll just have to move the wildcard in front of the desired option, in this case disable the bios lock:

Setup Question    = BIOS Lock
Token    =48    // Do NOT change this line
Offset    =89
Width    =01
BIOS Default    = [00]Disabled
Options    = *[00]Disabled    // Move "*" to the desired Option
           [01]Enabled

when you're done  save and flash back the modified nvram.txt using scedos:

SCEDOS /i /s nvram.txt

now your bios is unlocked for flashing with FPT or even flashrom (<< don't use capsuled ROM files),

btw. someone already posted up2date intel fpt versions for Z97 ;)

I hope I was able to clarify the few required steps for the sce unlock.

• Like 3

Aigors, try this DSDT in EFI/Quo/.... folder, and tell me if it work? For the BCM4532, ii need more time, but can you tell me where is it? (RP05/RP06)

This DSDT is extracted from the latest Bios (2103) of your board.

Here is:  DSDT.aml.zip

weird things happens, when i run your command i get memory allocation failure, i use usb stick with freedos inside 

Aigors, try this DSDT in EFI/Quo/.... folder, and tell me if it work? For the BCM4532, ii need more time, but can you tell me where is it? (RP05/RP06)

This DSDT is extracted from the latest Bios (2103) of your board.

Here is:  attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

Thanks, but how do you extract DSDT? via hex editing? 

weird things happens, when i run your command i get memory allocation failure, i use usb stick with freedos inside 

Thanks, but how do you extract DSDT? via hex editing? 

Yes, with hex editor, other wise i don't know how to extract it :D! For the card to work, i need device-id and etc..., you will have to download DPCIManager to show them.

Hi ammoune, bad news the system can't load DSDT put it on efi/quo/Acpi/load, i don't know why it seems that runs only in z77 chipset mobo 

here is it screen dump from dpcimanager 

wifi it's located on rp04

post-840738-0-55113300-1405271845_thumb.png

here's a dos version (scedos)

dump your nv settings using

SCEDOS /o /s nvram.txt /h Hii.db /v /q

open the nvram.txt file and search for the word "lock", for me it appears several time but I search for "Bios Lock" exactly:

attachicon.gifbioslock.png

jump to the position(s) and change

attachicon.gifbl1.png

to

attachicon.gifbl0.png

the comment // Move "*" to the desired Option explains howto to edit the file correctly.

you'll just have to move the wildcard in front of the desired option, in this case disable the bios lock:

Setup Question    = BIOS Lock
Token    =48    // Do NOT change this line
Offset    =89
Width    =01
BIOS Default    = [00]Disabled
Options    = *[00]Disabled    // Move "*" to the desired Option
           [01]Enabled

when you're done  save and flash back the modified nvram.txt using scedos:

SCEDOS /i /s nvram.txt

now your bios is unlocked for flashing with FPT or even flashrom (<< don't use capsuled ROM files),

btw. someone already posted up2date intel fpt versions for Z97 ;)

I hope I was able to clarify the few required steps for the sce unlock.

Many thanks for info, but it seems dont work for me

i wrote your command like you type,. the only things on it it's crc of hii.db  :blink: