Intel HD4000 and Haswell Inject AAPL,ig-platform-id

Micky1979

89 posts in this topic

AFAIK for HD4000 + discrete graphics to work at the same time you must set the HD4000 as primary GPU in the BIOS.

I don't know what a GT 630 is, but if you have a Kepler card that works with GraphicsEnabler=n you must now set GraphicsEnabler=y and SkipNvidiaGfx=y.

As for the rest, follow the instructions in the first and second posts.

Look I bought GTX560 TI and use my DSDT.Is it possible to readjust bios to see both graphics?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

I repeat:

In order to use both the HD4000 and your GTX 560, you must set the HD4000 as primary GPU in the BIOS. I haven't seen that there's any way around this so far.

If by "I use my DSDT" you mean that you're injecting stuff for the GTX 560 via DSDT then keep it as it is and set GraphicsEnabler=y and SkipNvidiaGfx=y so that GraphicsEnabler doesn't interfere with your DSDT injection.

Hopefully that will work, I don't know, I haven't tried it myself.

Since the HD4000 needs to be primary, maybe you need to edit the DSDT code so that the GTX 560 is injected as secondary (ie, not gfx0) but I don't know how to do that.

It looks like all the information you need is in that topic you linked to in your earlier post.

I repeat:

As for the rest, follow the instructions in the first and second posts.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ermac,

I have a different chip on my Intel NM10 which appears to be 0156009:

Bildschirmfoto_2014_02_02_um_14_17_34.pn

Would be nice to get injection support, as the Capri Kext has it included.

Clover bootlog shows:

0:999  0:000  PCI (00|00:02.00) : 8086 0156 class=0300000:999  0:000  Found GFX model=Intel HD Graphics 4000

Should I inject 0156009 or 0156003? For the moment I could solve it even via DSDT with a patch like that:

into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    Store (Package (0x02)\n
        {\n
            "AAPL,ig-platform-id",\n
            Buffer (0x04)\n
            {\n
                0x03, 0x00, 0x56, 0x01\n
            }\n
        }, Local0)\n
    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
    Return (Local0)\n
}
end

I'm just incertain which one to use: 0156009 or 0156003 ...

I'll try it again and post about the results.

Dump Files from Darwindumper attached.

best regards

dump.zip

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have ran into a weird situation here.

My DELL 7720 SE laptop had some power problem on the motherboard (as told by the service center guys) which made my system unbootable.

They replaced the motherboard.

I brought it home and obviously, tried installing OSX using the Time Machine Backup. It restored correctly.

Used all the same files/ config as earlier but the system couldn't boot up.

It boots in safe mode, but no QE/QC.

When I delete the Intel HD4000 Kexts and SNBGraphics etc kexts, the system boots up, again w/o QE/QC!!!   :(

Now, what in the world has gone wrong??

I have updated the BIOS to the latest A16.

Is the new motherboard different than the earlier one?

Basically, Intel HD4000 is not working.......

I am trying to install OSX 10.9.1

I tried latest Chameleon Bootloader with DSDT=Null and tried all IntelCapriFB=1-11 EnableDualLink=Yes/No, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes..

Some hanged, some booted up without QE/QC.

IntelCapriFB=4 was the best one as the Intel Graphics was detected correctly with 1024Mb VRAM...but No QE/QC..

I checked for the loaded KEXTS... IntelHD4000 KEXT was not loaded.... i tried using UseKernelCache=No...only the IntelFramebufferCapri was loaded...

Also, clover Bootloader is not able to find my Mac volume, yes, i have the HFS related driver in CLover... tried both Vbox and HFSPlus...!!!!!

So using chameleon on the USB as I have windows in UEFI mode with GPT partitioning.

The older DSDT worked flawlessly (thanks to Lejenk)

Somehow the same DSDT has stopped working after the swapping of motherboard.....

System has Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GT650M in optimus..
CPU is 3rd Gen Intel Core i7 3630QM..
HDD is 1TB partitioned as GPT... with windows 8 installed in UEFI mode...

Please help!

when i use IntelAzulFB=x  GF=Yes then i only stuck in verbos mode while i hear sound of system.

when use only GF=Yes then boots fine but "" Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 4600 64 MB of Shared System Memory "" 

and no QE/CI 

any help ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, and thanks for the fantastic work!

I've been messing around with this ASUS S56CA laptop for a while now, trying to get the Intel HD 4000 working and this thread was the first to finally allow me to get it working!

Here is the issues and questions I have:

After trying all combinations with InjectIntel-ig, the ONLY one that will work (otherwise I just get a black screen), is 01660003 (entered as '03006601'). Now, using Chameleon r2377, and with DVMT set to 64M, I can boot and VRAM shows as '1024 MB'. In BIOS, I have only 4 choices of 64M, 128M, 256M, and 512M in reference to DVMT (Dynamic Video Memory Technology), which is not about actual physical memory allocation. But if I set the DVMT to ANY value other than 64M, I get the KP in the attached pic. This is a problem for those dual booting Windows, as you would want DVMT set to maximum.

Next question: So OS X is reporting I have 1024MB of VRAM... is this true, or possibly not? What would be a good way to test this memory to see if it's all there? This laptop has an Intel® Core™ i3 3217U Processor http://ark.intel.com...-Cache-1_80-GHz.

Final issue (which you may not be able to help with): With Clover 2652, running in true UEFI, I can only get it to show 4MB of VRAM. : ( If anyone has a clue about this, that would helpful.

Thanks all!

post-81851-0-18747000-1397721308_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

@ham4ever

I use the following ig-platform-id: 0xa260006 forthe Intel HD Graphics 4600

I use Colver Bootloader...and I have QE/CI with 1024MB

Here is a link for more Information:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/297447-how-to-install-macosx-109x-mavericks-on-a-xmg-c703/

I have ran into a weird situation here.

My DELL 7720 SE laptop had some power problem on the motherboard (as told by the service center guys) which made my system unbootable.

They replaced the motherboard.

(...)

The older DSDT worked flawlessly (thanks to Lejenk)

Somehow the same DSDT has stopped working after the swapping of motherboard.....

Extract a clean DSDT from your replacement motherboard and patch it in the same way as the old one.

• Like 1

hi 

i am working on my graphics from very long time.

i am trying this method to make my hd 4000 graphics work but no luck.

problem i am facing is my actual 

DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

but when loading with IntelCapriFB it showing

DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

so i think this is my problem. i've got colorful screen, sometime half, sometime black screen.

so please help me with this.

• 1 month later...
Hey guys! I bought a laptop Lenovo B590, it has an Intel Processor i3-3110M 2.4GHz with a HD4000 integrated on a 7 series motherboard. 

I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and i got full acceleration with Enoch Bootloader and IntelCapriFB=3 GraphicsEnabler=Yes, but my mouse pointer disappears one or two seconds after log. Eventually the cursor converts in lines of colors. My BIOS setup hasn´t video memory settings, because i can´t change it.

Please, help me. This is the only problem I have to use my laptop successfull.

Thank you!!

And sorry for my english, it is not my native language.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anybody have an idea if this will work with an i3 4130 HD 4400 CPU?

I have that one running, but no QE.

Thanks

Desktop HD4400 is not supported (no QE, just CI with device-id inject). Mobile HD4400 is supported (both QE/CI).

• Like 1

OK!

Can I trick my HD 4400 to be a MHD 4400?

Just a yes or no. The rest I will find.

Thanks

That will get you CI, but QE (AppleIntelFramebufferAzul will load, but not AppleIntelHD5000Graphics). QE likely requires kext patches...

It is easier to buy a compatible CPU in the first place.

i tried all 1-11 numbers, with graphicsenabler=yes/no but nothing happens to me.

I only got AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext in my S/L/E folder, removed all other graphics kext (ex: nvidia, ati, AppleintelHD*) else system didnt boot. Do i need other kexts or whatsoever?

Specs:

intel core i3-3217u

Intel HD 4000

Osx 10.9.1

Chameleon r2286

i tried all 1-11 numbers, with graphicsenabler=yes/no but nothing happens to me.

I only got AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext in my S/L/E folder, removed all other graphics kext (ex: nvidia, ati, AppleintelHD*) else system didnt boot. Do i need other kexts or whatsoever?

Specs:

intel core i3-3217u

Intel HD 4000

Osx 10.9.1

Chameleon r2286

graphicsenabler does nothing. It is an unrecognized bootloader flag. Boot loader flags are case sensitive. It is properly spelled GraphicsEnabler.

For full QE/CI you need all Intel graphics kexts.

I used it case sensitive, my apologies for not writing it properly. Where can j get the kexts from? Dont really want to reinstall again!

Correct kexts are installed at fresh install. If you saved a backup before removing them, that backup is a good source... Otherwise, you already know the answer.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have an ASUS N76V laptop: 3630QM (HD4000) + Geforce635M

I have Win 7 + Chameleon (rev.2510) + 10.9.5 (Niresh 10.9, and updated).

Now the system knows GPU memory is 1024MB, and I can tell QE/CI is enabled. However, it only displays the left half of the screen.

Anyone could help me, please? I have been trying five days to figure this out. Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...