How to Install MacOSX 10.9.X Mavericks on a XMG C703

mo.1

8 posts in this topic

TEASER_XMG_C703_Final_812x250.jpg

https://www.mysn.eu/xmg-c703

Working 
• Basic Install
• Trackpad (multi-touch)
• Keyboard (including some function keys and glowy keyboard)
• Sound (output speakers/headphones/mic/Sound input/Mic input)
• USB
• Bluetooth
• Internal Wlan (Replaced, cheap and esay)
• Ethernet
• Shutdown
• Integrated Intel Graphics -Non-Glitchy- happy :)

Not Working Yet
• GTX 765m Optimus (I want to disable the GTX 765m for more Batterylife, but I have massive problems to generate a error free DSDT)
• iMessage (Apple have closed at the moment, the opportunity to run iMessage, so far I don't have a solution)
• Cardreader

Needed Tools:

Here are all files you need: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/…uFZq6N7KAV

Creat Folder with all these Tools and Files and copy it on an USB-Stick after Step 1 or on an other USB-Stick.

Step 1: Create the USB Installer
(taken mostly from Vanilla Install guide)

• In a previous MacOSX install, use DiskUtility to Partition a USB disk with 1 HFS+ Partition, make sure GUID partion map is selected in the options.
  • Mount your Mavericks dmg image
  • Go to the mounted image, right click on "Mavericks.app" and choose "Show Contents"
  • Go to "Contents/Shared Support" and mount InstallESD.dmg
  • Mount BaseSystem.dmg by typing the following in terminal:  open /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg
  • In DiskUtility, go to the "OS X Base System", Restore it to your USB disk.
  • Navigate to /System/Installation on your USB drive. Delete the “Packages” link, then copy the Packages folder from “OS X Install ESD” to this location.
  • Copy the following kext's to /System/Library/Extensions on your USB stick.
  • FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext files from the Vanilla Guide
  • The patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from Mieze
  • (optional, untested) You can try copying the Elan Touchpad drivers as well, read Step 5 "Touchpad and Keyboard" section below and delete approriate kexts, this could save you from needing a USB keyboard/mouse during installation
  • Install Clover to the usb drive, customize the install with the following options:
  • Install for UEFI booting only
  • Themes->Choose one (BootCamp is nice)
  • Drivers64UEFI->OsxAptioFixDrv-64
  • Copy the mach_kernel file from RehabMan to the root of the USB drive
  • Cut out all Bluetooth kexts to prevent hanging on bootscreen
  • System/Library/Extensions/...
  • 1. AppleBluetoothMultitouch.kext
  • 2. IOBluetoothFamily.kext
  • 3. IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext
  • Use Clover Configurator to edit the config file in EFI-Partition
  • 1. Open DiskUtility, click on the usb-stick, click on information or press cmd+i
  • 2. Look for the volume number (e.g. disk1)
  • 3. open clover configurator
  • 4. clover asks to select the efi partition
  • 5. select the efi partition an mount it
  • 6. clover opens the editor
  • 7. ACPI > FixDisplay uncheck
  • 8. Graphics > ig-platform-id 0xa260006
  • 9. Graphics > Inject EDID
  • 10. Graphics > VRAM 1024

Step 2: My BIOS Settings:   
post-867195-0-40358600-1397428104_thumb.jpgpost-867195-0-30193900-1397428123_thumb.jpgpost-867195-0-13186700-1397428137_thumb.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pnopddabcj092jo/Alui1TXoAa

Step 3: Installing OS X

• Boot into the installer, you should be able to select the boot order in your bios to boot from the USB key.
  • Now boot into the installer (return to the menu with all the OS icons and select the USB key. It'll read "Mac OS X from OS X Base System“ or something)
  • If you did not install the Elan kexts, you will have to use a USB keyboard and mouse for the install.
  • Install OS X (use a HFS+ partition on a drive partitioned with a GUID partition map, „Macintosh“ is a good name for the partition)
  • Boot back into the installer like you just did early
  • Select "Utilities" from the top and then Terminal
  • You need to copy all those kext's you installed on the USB drive to your new installation partition. Type in the following lines, replacing „Macintosh“ with the actual name of the partition you installed to (hint: after entering the first one, press the up arrow to save yourself some typing):
  • cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext /Volumes/Macintosh/System/Library/Extensions/
  • cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext /Volumes/Macintosh/System/Library/Extensions/
  • cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/Macintosh/System/Library/Extensions/
  • Likewise, copy the patched mach_kernel from your USB drive to the install, replacing the original

cp –R /mach_kernel /Volumes/Macintosh/

Optional:

• cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext /Volumes/Macintosh/System/^/Extensions/
  • cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext /Volumes/Macintosh/System/Library/Extensions/

• Now type "reboot" and hit enter

Step 3: Intial Reboot

• Reboot again into the installer, boot from the hard-drive, not the USB drive
  • As MacOSX 10.9.x pops up, do a little dance of joy.
  • Install Clover onto your hard-drive, choosing the same options as before and install clover preference pane.
  • Install Clover Configurator and run it.  Do the following:
  • Go to File->Open on the top bar and choose /EFI/Clover/config.plist (this is your current Clover configuration)
  • ACPI > FixDisplay uncheck
  • Graphics > ig-platform-id 0xa260006
  • Graphics > Inject EDID
  • Graphics > VRAM 1024 

Step 4: Bluetooth

• Reinstall all Bluetooth Kext with Kext Wizard.
  • to System/Library/Extensions/...
  • 1. AppleBluetoothMultitouch.kext
  • 2. IOBluetoothFamily.kext
  • 3. IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext

Step 5: Touchpad and Keyboard

• Use the files from my Folder or download it from: 
  • EMlyDinEsH's Elan drivers (i use Elan version 1.8.2 beta at time of writing): http://forum.osxlati...river-mac-os-x/
  • I have configurate my favorite actions on the touchpad. (use my configured kexts)
  • In finder, go to /System/Library/Extensions and delete the following if you can find them: ApplePS2Controller, VoodooPS2Controller, AppleACPIPS2Nub, ApplePS2Keyboard and anything that says Elan Touchpad.
  • Using Kext Wizard, install ApplePS2Controller and ApplePS2ElanTouchpad kexts
  • Keyboard lighning works natively (on XMG Fn++ or Fn+- on NumBlock)
  • Reboot and enjoy.

Step 6: Audio/Sound

Step 7: Wlan

Step 8: Ethernet

Step 9: Brightness

• Use the files from my Folder or download it from: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-blinkscreen
  • For help use REDME and or look at github/RehabMan
  • Copy org.rehabman.blinkscreen.plist to /Library/LaunchAgents Copy blink screen to /usr/bin

Step 10: iCloud

• I get it worked with SMBIOS as MacBookAir6,2
  • iMessage dosn’t work yet…

Many thanks to linuxgirl (I was so naughty and used your guide as draft  :))

• Like 3

Finally got everything to work....only 1 problem...how do I add clover bootloader so that when I boot up, I get the clover.menu... I am able to boot only into windows without the clover USB.

I guess I would have to install clover to the efi partition on the ssd but I don't see a EDI partition from Mac...I am able tonsee it only in windows..

And also please tell me if anyone knows to how to remove the unnecessary boot drives from.clover.l boot menu. Right now it shows many options like my partitions along with mavericks and windowas.I want it to show only windows or mavericks when booting up. In short how do I edit the boot options or settings of the clover bootoader.

And also please tell me if anyone knows to how to remove the unnecessary boot drives from.clover.l boot menu. Right now it shows many options like my partitions along with mavericks and windowas.I want it to show only windows or mavericks when booting up. In short how do I edit the boot options or settings of the clover bootoader.

thank you but the main part is dual booting. i tried changing 

1. In EFI/Microsoft/Boot rename the file bootmgrfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi
  2. In EFI/Microsoft/Boot rename the file CLOVERX64.EFI to bootmgfw.efi

but its not working out. the clover menu isnt showing mavericks in it.

could you tell me where the efi boot file for mavericks is located at?

or please post a guide on how to dual boot.

clover installer is giving when i try to install with it.

Hey madhan_2005,

I have a EFI Partion on my Macintosh SSD.

There are the efi boot files.

At the moment I have a dual boot System, but every time I want to boot in Windows 8.1 I switch in Bios to Legacy Mode.

Than it boot automatic in Windows 8.1.

I want to reinstall Windows 8.1 on UEFI with CMS to use Clover.

I don't know, if it is the right solution.

I also wanted to disable the unnecessary boot partition from windows, but it have no UUID, or I can't find it, but from all other partitions I found it...

The only thing I have is to display the 2 Partitions: Windows 8.1 and Mavericks

like this....

post-867195-0-55141400-1397847243_thumb.png

Have you check manually all Channels in System Preference.

You have an XMG C703?

Have you install VoodooHDA-v2.8.4.Lion.pkg and AppleHDA.kext (install with Kext Wizard)?

From my Dropbox?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j2sy8e6wi6agjyn/uFZq6N7KAV

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mafbhhl601s0x84/Audio%20%28Voodoo%2BAppleHDA%29.zip

Show your System Preference like this:

post-867195-0-34812400-1397938648_thumb.png

post-867195-0-89304800-1397938662_thumb.png