Pandora's Box (Beta 2 Testing)

Marchrius

351 posts in this topic

My system is stuck at installing the thunderbolt update 1.0 at every boot. it never goes away. I think it has to do something with this

14/10/13 8:27:38.000 pm kernel[0]: SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode
HAve updated to latest fakesmc kext. Rebooting to test it out now.
AppleSMC.kext install 10.8.4

@ scott_donald

ok

Fabio

sorry fabio... 

i got it working... i just changed the port in the back from the lower one to the upper one and it worked perfectly... 

edited the above post about 30 mins after i posted...

thanks for the awesome installer... 

Will try it again tomorrow when i get my Z87 Deluxe motherboard for my new build... 

Hi Scott_donald...

which brand will be your new MB...Asus?

c.frio

Hi Scott_donald...

which brand will be your new MB...Asus?

c.frio

I am on my Asus P6T Deluxe right now...

Receive tomorrow and start to build my Asus Z87 Deluxe and will try get 10.8.5 working on it and wait to buy Mavericks on release...

already have a clean install of 10.8.5 to work on in my test drive... 

build will be motherboard - 4770k and a GTX 660 with 16 gig ram to start with... 

Hi

ok...I will be following your install 'cause the non GA 87 chipset..as I've reading..some guys are patching the bios to reach the install

c.frio

based on this thread - 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290187-a-guide-to-mavericks-on-asus-z87-deluxe-4770k/?p=1929235

and no bios flashing needed -

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290187-a-guide-to-mavericks-on-asus-z87-deluxe-4770k/?p=1944646

AppleSMC.kext install 10.8.4

@ scott_donald

ok

Fabio

Will try that and let you know. I still have to Rollbaack my ACPIPlatform.kext to an older version (snow leopard) in order to get sleep working. Is there any way to Patch the 10.9 AppleACPIPlatform.kext to mimick this patch? I have no idea about this one.

PS: Micky do send me the link for the new installer I have kept one hdd aside to test it out.

Guys, is going to get an update (I think an hour), with some things corrected with the problems encountered in this Topic.
As soon as you see him try to update the app that you have already downloaded (will not be in the Download section)

Micky

Hi Micky , I have been backing up my Iatkos 10.7.2 on Time machine for past 1 year...i came to know that it fails after restoration i.e. system does not boot...will pandora could help in this issue...and how can i up date to ML 10.8.4...Config. I5 8g ram Asus P8H 61-M LX3 R2.0 Mother board N vidia 1g Graphic card

Love Pandora's box

I have to say, however, the terminal interface does not befit OS X style Applications.

You can use Xcode to make a real Application from AppleScript, just like one would from doing Objective-C. I know Lionizer isn't AppleScript, but AppleScript is retardedly easy for a Object-Oriented OS.

Love Pandora's box

I have to say, however, the terminal interface does not befit OS X style Applications.

You can use Xcode to make a real Application from AppleScript, just like one would from doing Objective-C. I know Lionizer isn't AppleScript, but AppleScript is retardedly easy for a Object-Oriented OS.

Hi ameris_cyning, Thanks for compliments! :)

We are working for a full Objective-C application. Are only 3 person at work and we are angaged in other things... Stay tuned! :)

• Like 1

Hi..

Asrock h87m pro4, i5 4430,g210

I'm still stucked at just after select the pandora install  where the installer is installed...(rsrsrs) it begin to load..video others things and at "loading drivers..loading from Extra/Extensios.mkext (still on boot loader--slight gray)..just at the begin to verbose over that black screen it reboots..

seems all others boot loaders stop at same point..and the solution is patch bios..'till I know...(with non gigabyte H and Z87 MBs)

should I expect any "no so radical" solution?

c.frio

EDIT?

an old pandora with 10.8.4 runs OK....

• 3 weeks later...

Somebody please help me, I'm not able to access the top bar during installation so I can't format my hard drive to Mac OS X Journaled, it's already formatted to HFS+ using MacDrive but I know it has to be journaled to be used as a boot partition.

Please let me know how can I access it, I'm booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and I can click on the US flag on the right but nothing on the left is clickable!

Is Pandora likely to handle installation (of 10.8.5 or 10.9) on Haswell machines like mine or not? When doing a vanilla install I had to replace mach_kernel with rehabman's patched kernel to get as far as the installer, same goes for myHack but myHack would crash after selecting the language to use. Hopefully Pandora will fare better?

I've had my first go with Pandora 1.34 beta2. I used it to create a 'Mode 2' (not sure if that was the best option?), Pandora-style USB of Mavericks - I created it on a iATKOS S3 install.

I installed to a 8GB USB pen drive and apparently all went fine but it didn't even boot as far as chameleon or whatever bootloader it uses:

boot1: error

Was as far as I got!

Some of the Pandora install screens definitely need more or clearer explanation of the options - especially the one which asks you to pick 1 of 3 modes - 'original' (?), mode 2 that has USB3 or mode 3 that drops the gfx drivers during install, or something. Each option needs more explanation of who should use it and when / under what circumstances. Networking doesn't work on my Hack so I was unable to reference the online help whilst I was installing. I was also very unsure if to go for retail or a Pandora install.

Also, it seems that when Pandora asks for the install image, it really means the InstallEMD.dmg, not the full OSX install dmg so it should  really ask for InstallESD.dmg specifically.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi. 

First off Pandor's Box need to be on the desktop or it will not work.... It should work from any location. 

I selected option 1, pointed it to the OS X installer, my dsdt and smbois files  then to the destination USB drive.

No boot file was installed, no Extras folder... nothing. This will not boot.

You could patch System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg/Distribution

I hade the error " Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer. "

The solution was to  open System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg/Distribution with Flat Package Editor

And change:
Line #8 - min RAM required (2GB default)
Line #35 - virtual machine installation support (change false to true)
Line #60 - platform/system board checks (change false to true)

Cant remember where I got this hint from. 

• 1 month later...

i m trying to install 10.9.2 and i m getting this msg and nothing is copy to my stick

I think that erros you see was cause by another error happened before mounting a disk image provided inside your app or dmg. This is clearly visible to me. 

read the post below.

Micky

hi Micky!!!  :D  yes today  with 10.92 app Maverick , I make a Installer to a User with Control Remote, and him download Pandora and this fail, but I have upload mine and work, vs!!

• Like 1

hi Micky!!!  :D  yes today I make a Installer to a User with Control Remote, and him download Pandora and this fail, bur I have upload mine and work, vs!!

Hi iFIRE, I hope I you give me a hand with the new one  :lol: