• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

hando

hando

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Tech Gadgets. Fitness, Outdoors, Camping, 4wding, Fishing, Cycling, Running, Electronics, Photog...

5. From i386/modules folder copy FileNVRAM.dylib into Extra/modules:

Posted Image

I can't find this file.. (might be a noob thing sorry)

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,056 posts

[/center]

I can't find this file.. (might be a noob thing sorry)

Its in the folder of the complied binaries of the boot loader.

hando

hando

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Tech Gadgets. Fitness, Outdoors, Camping, 4wding, Fishing, Cycling, Running, Electronics, Photog...
Hey there,

I couldn't find it so I went ahead and tried the reboot without moving that file. It looks like my resolution problem has been fixed. :D

Here is a screenshot of the inside of my i386 folder... No modules folder, and no .dylib file. What does it do when you move the file? Should I bother pursuing it?

Posted Image

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,056 posts

Hey there,

I couldn't find it so I went ahead and tried the reboot without moving that file. It looks like my resolution problem has been fixed. :D

Here is a screenshot of the inside of my i386 folder... No modules folder, and no .dylib file. What does it do when you move the file? Should I bother pursuing it?

Posted Image

This is because you failed to follow the instructions on the guide on where to get the bootloader.

smarchesini

smarchesini

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I have 4 users using the Titan in 10.8.4 with no issues with the latest beta. Start with Beta 12E36 and up.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't seem to be able to locate anything older than 12E52..., maybe I 'll try again with 10.8.3, new drivers enabled, nvda_drv=1, and enabling the latest nvidia version, etc... I think I tried that already,...it seems to be something to do with the "Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded"
is there another way to load this kext, I tried downloading some kext files, but osx86tool does not like to open those files, somehow hardware detection in osX86tools doesn't work, and I get errors when I try to setup a custom geforce card with over 5GB using GFX string creator.... any suggestion?
Thanks, S>

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,056 posts

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't seem to be able to locate anything older than 12E52..., maybe I 'll try again with 10.8.3, new drivers enabled, nvda_drv=1, and enabling the latest nvidia version, etc... I think I tried that already,...it seems to be something to do with the "Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded"
is there another way to load this kext, I tried downloading some kext files, but osx86tool does not like to open those files, somehow hardware detection in osX86tools doesn't work, and I get errors when I try to setup a custom geforce card with over 5GB using GFX string creator.... any suggestion?
Thanks, S>

DO NOT USE ANY EFI STRING GENERATOR. Bad idea and will not help with anything.

Talked to one user today. Is using the latest beta with no issues. Make sure you are not using Graphics Enabler.

JahRastaMaN

JahRastaMaN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hello, Rampage Dev Good evening! I am using the 12E52 Mountain Lion 10.8.4 and when I install the PKG I appears this error SMBIOS MacbookPro9, 1: http://cl.ly/P9XD

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,056 posts

Hello, Rampage Dev Good evening! I am using the 12E52 Mountain Lion 10.8.4 and when I install the PKG I appears this error SMBIOS MacbookPro9, 1: http://cl.ly/P9XD

Only supports mac pros. You must change your SMBIOS or mod the package.

JahRastaMaN

JahRastaMaN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Only supports mac pros. You must change your SMBIOS or mod the package.

I change my Smbios for MacPro5,1 but no install. I install Chameleon V2.2svn 2233 e add the flag in org.chameleon. I just can not install pkg. How do I change the PKG?

after install Modules FileNVRAM.dylib(It creates a plist in the folder Extra) : http://cl.ly/P8zv

Mr MagOO

Mr MagOO

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Thanks for the feed back. Let us know what slice says.

Hi, Slice fixed it since current rev1717 of Clover.
Nvidia prefpane now works as it should.

smarchesini

smarchesini

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

DO NOT USE ANY EFI STRING GENERATOR. Bad idea and will not help with anything.

Talked to one user today. Is using the latest beta with no issues. Make sure you are not using Graphics Enabler.

Thanks for the feedback, I realize now that my original genuine boot kernel does not have Graphic Enabler, which is probably the problem?, I am not sure how to load the driver, I was thinking maybe fixing IOPCIMatch in NVDAStartup could work? Thanks, S.

spacekebab

spacekebab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I change my Smbios for MacPro5,1 but no install. I install Chameleon V2.2svn 2233 e add the flag in org.chameleon. I just can not install pkg. How do I change the PKG?

after install Modules FileNVRAM.dylib(It creates a plist in the folder Extra) : http://cl.ly/P8zv

As far as I can tell this only works for 10.8.3

madmodmike

madmodmike

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

How about a clover based installation ?
Tried to use the prefpane to switch to web drivers with clover 1654 and it didn't worked (not a cosmetic issue !) :wallbash:
It works with nvda_drv=1 in boot args.
Is there a way to make it work with the nvidia nvram prefpane with clover ?

Have you installed the RC Scripts from Clover setup? otherwise nvram won't be available at boot and will reset to default every time (I had the same problem, solved by installing the RC Scripts)

//edit: nvm, seems now it's working for you as well :)

Just to be sure the driver is loaded properly check CUDA prefpane from system pref

Posted Image

Mine (5.0.59 too) keeps telling 8.10.44 304.10.65f03 but I suppose it's another cosmetic bug as well, the kext loaded correctly, and OpenGL Extensions Viewer reports the correct driver version (8.14.11 etc)

spacekebab

spacekebab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
running 10.8.4 (12e55) and forced an install through pacifist, but can't get the driver manager (in the pref pane) to open up. Any way to otherwise force the web drivers? or fiddle with the .prefpane till it works?

EDIT: Ran as MacPro3,1 4,1 and 5,1 - none of which made a dif, it doesnt like the osx version

EDITEDIT: running a gtx 560 ti on a z68ap-d3 (uefi)
which is, im assuming, why i get the following error when running in terminal

/NVIDIA\ Driver\ Manager.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/com.nvidia.nvroothelper
2013-05-31 00:08:30.017 com.nvidia.nvroothelper[474:707] ERROR: +[NVSpiDevice mapGpuHandles:]: NvSPI_GPU_GetIOPCIDevicePath failed! error -8
2013-05-31 00:08:30.018 com.nvidia.nvroothelper[474:707] ERROR: could not find SPI handle to GPU slot 0
nvram: Error setting variable - 'boot-args': (iokit/common) general error

i've got the nvram module, any idea whats going on?

EDIT SOMEMORE: I figure this is because I'm not using a DSDT, thus the slot 0 thing and the NvSPI_GPU_GetIOPCIDevicePath thing

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,056 posts

running 10.8.4 (12e55) and forced an install through pacifist, but can't get the driver manager (in the pref pane) to open up. Any way to otherwise force the web drivers? or fiddle with the .prefpane till it works?

EDIT: Ran as MacPro3,1 4,1 and 5,1 - none of which made a dif, it doesnt like the osx version

EDITEDIT: running a gtx 560 ti on a z68ap-d3 (uefi)
which is, im assuming, why i get the following error when running in terminal

/NVIDIA\ Driver\ Manager.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/com.nvidia.nvroothelper
2013-05-31 00:08:30.017 com.nvidia.nvroothelper[474:707] ERROR: +[NVSpiDevice mapGpuHandles:]: NvSPI_GPU_GetIOPCIDevicePath failed! error -8
2013-05-31 00:08:30.018 com.nvidia.nvroothelper[474:707] ERROR: could not find SPI handle to GPU slot 0
nvram: Error setting variable - 'boot-args': (iokit/common) general error

i've got the nvram module, any idea whats going on?

EDIT SOMEMORE: I figure this is because I'm not using a DSDT, thus the slot 0 thing and the NvSPI_GPU_GetIOPCIDevicePath thing

Unsupported OS Version.

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
If you have 10.8.4:

Open NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Blank out IOKitPersonalities/NVDAStartup/NVDARequireOS

Repair permissions, reboot, voila!

jlfilms

jlfilms

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Hackintoshs
i need some help with this new nvidia driver, i changed system profile to Mac pro 4,1 and it still wont let me install latest web driver for my gtx 650 ti.
any ideas?

madmodmike

madmodmike

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Well, now that 10.8.4 is official...

Just wait a few days and nvidia will upgrade the drivers (as they did with Cuda and 10.8.3)

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Don't need to, I found the fix.

RobertX

RobertX

Yosemite Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

If you have 10.8.4:

Open NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Blank out IOKitPersonalities/NVDAStartup/NVDARequireOS

Repair permissions, reboot, voila!

...for 10.8.4 I thought it might be better to just correct the os version as in : <key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>12E55</string> instead of just leaving it blank...seems to work as well... :smoke:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nvidia, GPU, Retail Driver, 10.8.3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy