• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

rcork

rcork

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

The boot-args are in addition to whatever is in the plist. If you don't want one, just set it using nvram boot-args="-v other flags" or delete it with nvram -d boot-args. Alternatively you can update the boot args in chameleon by updating the command line.

I get what you're saying but most people are used to updating boot args by editing org.chameleon.boot.plist. This module changes that process and it would be good if the module obeyed what has always been the way to set boot parameters instead of forcing users to learn a new way.

If its technically not possible based on the chameleon module architecture then that's one thing but if possible, it would be good to have the option. You could always open source the module and let other developers add that capability ;-)

meklort

meklort

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 139 posts
We do plan on eventualy releasing source for the module, however those plans are not for the immediate future.

In any case, enough information is distributed with the module to modify and extend it's behavior. We include the FileNVRAM.h header in the distribution to allow for any developer to create a module that extends this one. Three API function are defined, get, set, and delete NVRAM variable. Using these functions you can do things such as check if the machine has been locked by FMM, check the default partition that was set by the Startup Disk utility in os x, or anything else that you can think of.

In the case of boot-args, the FileNVRAM module registers for a notification to the BootOptions hook. If you wish boot-args to not be set (or to be set to a specific value), you can pose as the original caller of that hook and inject your own data.

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,755 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

off topic

@cosmo1t and @meklort

are the chameleon boot loader project dead ?

chameleon is a significant tool for hacking mac os x..

thanks

nai22

nai22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
i got this plist in the extra folder nvram.ffffffff-ffff-ffff-ffff-001xxxxxxx.plist. what does these ffff meaning?

Edited by nai22, 06 March 2013 - 01:10 AM.

meklort

meklort

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 139 posts

are the chameleon boot loader project dead ?

cosmo1t and I do not have much time to work on chameleon and took ourselves off of the project. There are still users with commit access who can develop it as needed, however commit activity is very low.

i got this plist in the extra folder nvram.ffffffff-ffff-ffff-ffff-001xxxxxxx.plist. what does these ffff meaning?

The UUID was read directly out of the machine's SMBIOS, it's whatever your computer's manufacturer set it to be.

Mr MagOO

Mr MagOO

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Hi,
after a week using this module, i think it finally kills the wake up after a long sleep period (several hours).
Short period sleep seem to be OK.
Can't find a clue because i have to power off the PSU at least 5 seconds to reboot back to OS (without this complete shutdown, can't pass the spinning wheel in boot screen).
Without FileNVRAM, no problem.

meklort

meklort

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 139 posts

Hi,
after a week using this module, i think it finally kills the wake up after a long sleep period (several hours).
Short period sleep seem to be OK.
Can't find a clue because i have to power off the PSU at least 5 seconds to reboot back to OS (without this complete shutdown, can't pass the spinning wheel in boot screen).
Without FileNVRAM, no problem.

Please submit a bug report on the website in the first post. Also, please test with older versions of the module to see if this issue existed previously.

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
@meklort

Hi there.. im using your kernelpatcher module for my IVY running SL and im seeing this message right before the apple logo..

commpage_patch.c[87]: _commpage_stuff_routine patched.
lapic_patch.c[76]: lapic_init panic removed.
bootstrap_patch.c[167]: KLDBootstrap::readBooterExtensions() call injected into KLDBootstrap::readPrelinkedExtensions(void* section_64)

I believe this is the case of having a printf instead of verbose. Is it possible to recompile and replace it?

Thank You

todesto

todesto

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:golf
    computer
    hacking
    movie
    Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Police, Queen, St...
Thank you so much for the file. Facetime works with this as well as messages! No more hassling with clover for me.

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,752 posts
I also update Chameleon Main Trunk with FileNVRAM 1.1.3 module

From Commit 2189

Fabio

pet1

pet1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Trax and Hax
I deleted my nvram.plist from extra and now it won't auto generate one when I reboot. The module loads. Just suddenly no nvram.plist. Any ideas?

Fixed by editing nvram in terminal.

sherlocks

sherlocks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
i tested last bootloader and FileNVRAM.
as result it's not successed.
still if i command -v -f in chameleon bootloaer, it show command -v -f in next booting.
i use 2189 chameleon, FileNVRAM 1.1.3.
must have command terminal sudo -d nram boot-args?

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
This happens on real macs too... take a look, this article is for real macs: Link

Smith@@™

Smith@@™

InsanelyMac LOL

• Retired
  • 2,928 posts
  • Interests:Dark matter and dark energy. E basta. HD3000. E basta.

Hi , i need to know how can i use nvram to set brightness values of my lappy in nvram plist so to remember those to every boot.

Thank you for help

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

Hello, Meklort and Cosmo1t!

Are you guys planning to update the kernel patcher module so it also works with Mavericks?

All the best!

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Is it me or all the values are reverting to default when I restart my hack? Using 10.9. I tried to modify ROM, MLB, added extra values, but none of them saved on reboot. It worked before(10.8) nicely.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

All (appears to be) fine here...

Smith@@™

Smith@@™

InsanelyMac LOL

• Retired
  • 2,928 posts
  • Interests:Dark matter and dark energy. E basta. HD3000. E basta.

kernel patcher works on maverick for me, about lapic

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

It's working for me now too, I changed chameleon to the test 2266 build and it started to work again. Maybe the normal 2266 build had a bug... Don't know.

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around on the internet!! Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.

It's working for me now too, I changed chameleon to the test 2266 build and it started to work again. Maybe the normal 2266 build had a bug... Don't know.

By test build, you mean the one ErmaC made, right?

That could mean that there is a relation between board serial and nvram.

Apparently Apple is now making using more data from the SMBIOS.

The SMBIOS injector in the trunk version of Chameleon needs to be updated ASAP.

I'm having very strange issues with the app store. It duplicated the apps it updated when I reverted from clover to chameleon. :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chameleon, module, nvram, xzenue, messages

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy