OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

I'm not new to Mac at all, but I'm just going from my personal experience. If you need something 100% reliable, go with a real Mac IMO. If you're a pro, a couple thousand shouldn't matter. All I'm saying is that most users don't need it, and eliminating it would reduce the cost, but it's too late already...

If you're a pro, a couple thousand shouldn't matter? Really? So you rather buy a Mac then spend $1 more on a motherboard that has Firewire on it.

A Hack is just as stable as a real mac.

I can confirm this by first hand experience. And i'll say more: nowadays, a hack assembled from compatible parts is more stable and reliable than a Windows 8 installation on the same hardware (also first hand experience).

• Like 2

Sorry guys but I'll have to disagree if nothing more because of the fact that nothing guarantees Apple won't block us off tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big hack fan: I've built a half dozen, and some that aren't even mine but I trust enough to function for technological illeterates.

I'm also not saying it's a big deal, it doesn't cost much to implement, I'm sure, but I'm also a minimalist, it's just my personal preference...

//endrant, let's stay on topic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

...(all other operating systems are {censored}, IMO, when compared with OS X).

Very personal opinion. There are things you can do very easily on Windows that on Mac are just a hassle. And also the other way round. The OS itself is pretty much unimportant. The applications are what matters...

If you're a pro, a couple thousand shouldn't matter? Really? So you rather buy a Mac then spend $1 more on a motherboard that has Firewire on it.

This mobo probably is as stable as a real mac, far from all hackmacs are though Im afraid. Id say you max get 95% functionality out of hackmac in general.

@ Rampage Dev

That is why you get so many requests for help, e.g. from PunkNugget........ :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 4

@ Rampage Dev

That is why you get so many requests for help, e.g. from PunkNugget........ :thumbsup_anim:

Indeed. I take my time to understand the system then address all the DSDT and kexts needs.

I see this MB in my future for a new rack mounted recording box....

• Like 1

@ Rampage Dev

That is why I may be asking you for advice if and when my nForce chipset MOBO dies or the latest version of OS X requires a MacPro or iMac model in SMBIOS that is incompatible with my MOBOs CPU slot version.......

Although I may not recover from having a Intel chipset MOBO that works 100% with OS X........I am now so used to (and have enjoyed) getting my nForce chipset MOBO to work almost 100% (working sleep/wake never achieved since 10.5.6 despite iLeopod's valiant efforts with his 680i MOBO) with each successive OS X version from Leopard onwards......

• Like 1

im sure you will all agree that it is Very important. for all building a Hackintosh to do extensive research before first.

as at some point you with have to compromise on something

ie. the motherboard you wish to use as unsupported sound chip

or internet chip

so you have to change you choose a little.

this mother board should make that issue easier for ppl

i will let you know when i receive mine

• 4 weeks later...

I e-mailed the sales department with a few simple questions but I have yet to receive a reply from them. Weeks have past since but still. No word from them.

Same here: simple question, no answer.

Please feel free to submit inquiries again. We are doing our best to respond to emails. We will not discuss installation methods. We will be shipping soon. We can also be reached by phone.

There are limited quanties left.

We will be adding more components and complete systems as well.

ok just to information

parts list i have for this build

CASE: Akasa 62 eclipse. the reason im using this case it as great air flow maked of aluminium Stainless motherboard tray that slides out

i have mounted a thermochill 120mm rad on the inside of the motherboard tray and made a bracket for the d5 water pump to fix to the same tray

at the front. a small res will sit on top of the pump. i will be using a sapphire vaperX5770 graphics card

the idea is that the complete build can be all pulled out on the motherboard tray. (if i also use ssds and put them also on the motherboard tray)

i have two wd 150 Raptor drives i could use. 600 watt psu.

just need cpu and memory. and the motherboard in june

• Like 3

Please feel free to submit inquiries again. We are doing our best to respond to emails. We will not discuss installation methods. We will be shipping soon. We can also be reached by phone.

There are limited quanties left.

We will be adding more components and complete systems as well.

Why not simply reply to the e-mail you already received from people like me?

• Like 1

@iztech i have just requested a firm date for quo sales 1 becouse i live in the uk which thay couldnt give just june. thats cool

also im a active member on this site. and ppl are quite intrested in my builds

so whats your problem.

with me saying how things are progressing and what parts i will using

I thought this topic is about a board that is very close to hit the market, not a place where people discuss private stuff(and yes PM or email is private!)

But I may be wrong, my bad.

Now back to topic, I know some have many questions, on some we answered, rest will find an answer after the board is released.

Hope you guys understand that some stuff must remain private till certain point

@BALDY_MAN - no objection to you talking about components at all. We encourage builds and system builders to configure machines and push the envelope. The entire community learns this way. I don't think I stated anything about your components, sorry if it was misconstrued.

@iztech i have just requested a firm date for quo sales 1 becouse i live in the uk which thay couldnt give just june. thats cool

also im a active member on this site. and ppl are quite intrested in my builds

so whats your problem.

with me saying how things are progressing and what parts i will using

• Like 1