This is also the first board with FW 800 - 1394b

Is it Texas Instruments by any chance?

Moviemakergr

Moviemakergr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
We waiting a good price about that motherbord else we have exactly the same.. (in two pieces)

http://www.gigabyte....spx?pid=4281#ov
http://www.syba.com/...ion=Info&Id=995

bs0d

bs0d

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

We waiting a good price about that motherbord else we have exactly the same.. (in two pieces)

erm i think your mistaken.... the motherboard you link has Atheros Lan and VIA Audio, The Quo board has Intel 82574L LAN and ALC892 Audio Codec.

​besides your option will take up an extra slot.

Moviemakergr

Moviemakergr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Works both on Hackint0sh .. what importance are differences;

bs0d

bs0d

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Works both on Hackint0sh .. what importance are differences;

you said they were exactly the same, just pointing out they are not.

Moviemakergr

Moviemakergr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
i mean for a hackint0sher.. ;)

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

Is it Texas Instruments by any chance?

It has the exact same Texas Instruments chip as in MacPro ;)
A lspci tree from Linux:
-[0000:00]-+-00.0  Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor DRAM Controller [8086:0150]
		   +-02.0  Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller [8086:0162]
		   +-14.0  Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller [8086:1e31]
		   +-16.0  Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 [8086:1e3a]
		   +-1a.0  Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 [8086:1e2d]
		   +-1b.0  Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller [8086:1e20]
		   +-1c.0-[01-6b]--+-[0000:31]---00.0  ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1062 Serial ATA Controller [1b21:0612]
		   |			   +-[0000:30]---03.0  Intel Corporation Device [8086:151a]
		   |			   +-[0000:2f]---00.0  Intel Corporation Device [8086:151a]
		   |			   +-[0000:03]---00.0  Intel Corporation DSL3510 Thunderbolt Port [Cactus Ridge] [8086:1547]
		   |			   +-[0000:02]-+-00.0  Intel Corporation DSL3510 Thunderbolt Port [Cactus Ridge] [8086:1547]
		   |			   |		   +-03.0  Intel Corporation DSL3510 Thunderbolt Port [Cactus Ridge] [8086:1547]
		   |			   |		   +-04.0  Intel Corporation DSL3510 Thunderbolt Port [Cactus Ridge] [8086:1547]
		   |			   |		   +-05.0  Intel Corporation DSL3510 Thunderbolt Port [Cactus Ridge] [8086:1547]
		   |			   |		   \-06.0  Intel Corporation DSL3510 Thunderbolt Port [Cactus Ridge] [8086:1547]
		   |			   \-[0000:01]---00.0-[00]--
		   +-1c.4-[6c]----00.0  Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection [8086:10f6]
		   +-1c.6-[6d]----00.0  Atheros Communications Inc. AR9300 Wireless LAN adaptor [168c:0030]
		   +-1c.7-[6e-6f]----00.0-[6f]----00.0  Texas Instruments XIO2213A/B/XIO2221 IEEE-1394b OHCI Controller [Cheetah Express] [104c:823f]
		   +-1d.0  Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 [8086:1e26]
		   +-1f.0  Intel Corporation Z77 Express Chipset LPC Controller [8086:1e44]
		   +-1f.2  Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] [8086:1e02]
		   \-1f.3  Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller [8086:1e22]

I wish it could be that easy to tuneup my Opel car into a Mercedes...
Is not that simple to just take a motherboard and start replacing chips with one that would fit better for some needs, there are a lot more involved then that, and clear you are not reading what we reply.
You are missing the point of this board, what is for and for who, and arguing about price, that is not even final decided/announced.

I smell something else here....

iztech

iztech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

In your opinion what price point would be a good price for a custom board with Intel LAN, FW 400/800, TB, ability to ouptut multiple monitors with HD4000
Boot in under 10 seconds :wink2:

Also consider where this would take the osx86 community
Your input is appreciated.

Moviemakergr

Moviemakergr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Confused me.
What is the Mercedes; I would prefer the card and transfer it to the motherboard which I want.
I have but just stand on price because I saw what this company sells and how much they charge.
If we had money to spare you might buy everyone a Mac pro.

What exactly had been selling 1480$ ?? (Fig 1)

In your opinion what price point would be a good price for a custom board with Intel LAN, FW 400/800, TB, ability to ouptut multiple monitors with HD4000
Boot in under 10 seconds :wink2:

Also consider where this would take the osx86 community
Your input is appreciated.

In honor of your question
It is important however to tell us what guarantee will have (3 years ?) and has very good after sales assistance.
A fair price would be at 150$ - 160$

Attached Files

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

A fair price would be at 150$ - 160$

Are you talking for 10k units price?
Or you want it to be cheaper then GA-Z77MX-D3H TH? :wallbash:

Moviemakergr

Moviemakergr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Please first read in, it will help us in dialogue. :angel_not:
and the brand name + after sales servis is Gigabyte.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813128542

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

Please first read in, it will help us in dialogue. :angel_not:
and the brand name + after sales servis is Gigabyte.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813128542

I don't see Thunderbolt on that motherboard, firewire or server class Intel LAN...
Or you don't have any idea what are you talking about, or if you do, you are trying to trow dirt on a project that is not even on market yet (to argue on price) for some unknown reason...
For now on I'll just ignore you.

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
The good thing about the MB (if it's going to be as described) that a user can install OS X as easy as Windows or Linux. It's cool and exacting, but IMO boring.

For me the whole Hackintosh thing is mostly about overcoming technical difficulties, doing things that are not done easily. In other words the game itself is more important then the result. No pain, no game :) It's just the way I see it.

From developers' point of view it (the development of the MB) most likely is the same exacting thing (overcoming technical difficulties) as installation of OS X is for some. So I can understand all the joy about it. And I do respect the effort and hope it will be success.

An easiness of install may have few negative side effects. Though it may also stimulate some new ideas. Let's wait and see...

Moviemakergr

Moviemakergr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

I don't see Thunderbolt on that motherboard, firewire or server class Intel LAN...
Or you don't have any idea what are you talking about, or if you do, you are trying to trow dirt on a project that is not even on market yet (to argue on price) for some unknown reason...
For now on I'll just ignore you.

Sorry about wrong link that is right > http://www.techbuy.c...Z77MX-D3HTH.asp
and of course you are right to close your ears and your eyes and like to buy at any price you just want.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

Sorry about wrong link that is right > http://www.techbuy.c...Z77MX-D3HTH.asp
and of course you are right to close your ears and your eyes and like to buy at any price you just want.

So I was right, you want it to be cheaper then GA-Z77MX-D3H TH even is superiour in every aspect.
This prove what I said and will be my last reply to you...

And that is my Passport on Hackint0sh community.. :moil:

I fail to see your contribution...

Moviemakergr

Moviemakergr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

So I was right, you want it to be cheaper then GA-Z77MX-D3H TH even is superiour in every aspect.
This prove what I said and will be my last reply to you...

I fail to see your contribution...

Do not try to show you my offer in the community.
I showed just that I know very well what I say.

But I explained that my opinion is that they can be sold more expensive than a motherboard with brand name Gigabyte.

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 3,033 posts
@ THe KiNG and Moviemakergr

Hi guys, thank you for sharing your info :)

If you have something new about this Z77MX-QUO-AOS, pls share it with us ;)

Cordially, staff

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

The good thing about the MB (if it's going to be as described) that a user can install OS X as easy as Windows or Linux. It's cool and exacting, but IMO boring.

For me the whole Hackintosh thing is mostly about overcoming technical difficulties, doing things that are not done easily. In other words the game itself is more important then the result. No pain, no game :) It's just the way I see it.

From developers' point of view it (the development of the MB) most likely is the same exacting thing (overcoming technical difficulties) as installation of OS X is for some. So I can understand all the joy about it. And I do respect the effort and hope it will be success.

An easiness of install may have few negative side effects. Thou it may also stimulate some new ideas. Let's wait and see...

Yes it will be exactelly the same, I have the second EVT sample and touch it every day, still can't believe it was possible.. :)

People know what I think about clone makers, closed source and {censored} like that, at first I didn't looked good at QUO until iztech talked with me and told me what he is trying to do, that did ring a bell in my head, and I said what a heck this was never done before!
I saw the oportunitty to move hackint0sh 'scene' beyond the actual limits and pieces, this is not just about making a motherboard with hardware that 'fits' OS X needs, just think why projects like coreboot does not have big success, because developers are not working on same project, just imagine how would be to get the majority of osx86 developers to work on this one...
The AOS stands for more, no vendor test on all OS's, you know they say '"íf works on windows is fine..'', we are doing several tests on Windows and Linux to make sure works as good as on OS X or even better if possible(sic!), and more then that everything we add/change in firmware will be open source!

From my point of view the fun just starts...

Moviemakergr

Moviemakergr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Can I ask one more thing ?
What have predicted about USB 3 intel drivers on both oS ? ( Win 8 + ML ) ?
I will be very much to find an attachment that works and on two correctly.

Will be the first and will be happy if we get a perfect motherboard for testing in our hands.
What must be understood, however, is that the price should be as low as possible.
Will await update infos.

P.S The architecture of this motherboard is the right that has ever released on my own opinion. > http://www.gigabyte....spx?pid=3973#ov

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,541 posts
@ Moviemakergr
We do understand your point of view, but I would like to remind you that in this topic, kindly started by meklort, we would like to talk about this motherboard and not other stuff. So please, if you want to talk about other things do it in another topic. You are dirtying this topic.

I smell something else here....

I'm going to think about the same.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobo

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy