OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

RIP Ozmosis

RIP OpenCore

due to security issues source was leaked and some companies are now selling fake'd AOS machines, i would tell people to avoid these companies.

the journey has been fun but has now come to an end.

Wait, so this is really it???

RIP Ozmosis

RIP OpenCore

due to security issues source was leaked and some companies are now selling fake'd AOS machines, i would tell people to avoid these companies.

the journey has been fun but has now come to an end.

OK so i may have jumped the gun regarding an early departure for these projects.

Thanks for all the kind words we've received.

Watch This Space.

• Like 5

So the alternative is Clover :( 

Well it is really making me sad to lose this piece of software cause it did amazing things to my computer, I was no longer in need to download/install a bootloader and i could manage booting to multiple OSes at once. 

Please bring it back at least the opensource project as it was going to be leaked anyway.

Can't you once keep your bs to yourself?

can you ever not be full of your self and maybe grow up a little ? the older you get the more whiny and full of it you seem to be just like joe and his trolling he is a grown ass man acting like a little kid 

• Like 1

he is a grown ass man acting like a little kid 

Says the guy who demands Oz source and judges Clover code but couldn't even code Small Basic pmsl

Maybe you should do anything even remotely worth acknowledging before insulting members that have been here longer than your mental age is

• Like 2

Hdmi audio works in yosemite with the kings script never tried it with other verions. I use it to send system audio along with the video output from CamTwist in to a hdmi to sdi miniconverter for a long cable run I had to set up and make work.

Your graphicscard need to have hdmi audio posibilties ofcourse, not all do have that

Thanks guys,

@Nubira, yes it works with yosemite but not with ElCap or Sierra.

@IronManJFF, if I disable VoodooHDA I loose onboard audio i think ?

In fact I want to keep onboard audio for desktop mode & when I connect my TV as second screen for movies, then switch to HDMI audio.

You asked for it, you got it:

The only thing you need to do is to flash a damn BIOS, that is all needed for this board to work!

The majority of "thousands" posts are issues related with graphics cards, which in no way is a issue related to motherboard, or n00b's general questions.

I fail to understand how is motherboard fault the fact that Apple decided to NOT update his graphic card lines for ages and mac pro community is treated like sh*t.

For me you are another soap bubble maker like where many others before you, so we saw this movie before, came up with something new or STFU!

AGREE .... That is all

• Like 1

Really good to know I might run in to problems if would upgrade from yosemite cause it runs very good as I got it set up now. The way I have to set it up is to use onboard and graphics card audio via hdmi in conbination with my soundcard audio. Im gonna stay on yosemite

I decided that dual booting this Quo successfully with Mavericks and Sierra is probably too tall an order without a time investment I can't make right now. I punted and built another hackintosh for Sierra 10.12.4/Win10 with newer hardware -- I won't bore you with the OT details.

I'll leave this Quo on Mavericks and relegate it to being a compatibility testing platform.

If I remember right, to get HDMI/DP audio from the GTX card, you have to disable VoodooHDA from firmware

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableVoodooHda=%01

@IronManJFF - does your GTX 970 need any assistance to wake from sleep? I've just switched from an ATI 5770 in readiness for 10.12.4 and get a black screen if I let the PC go into full sleep.

I have an EVGA GTX 960, which I think is the reference design of 1 DVI, 3 DP and 1 HDMI.

@IronManJFF - does your GTX 970 need any assistance to wake from sleep? I've just switched from an ATI 5770 in readiness for 10.12.4 and get a black screen if I let the PC go into full sleep.

I have an EVGA GTX 960, which I think is the reference design of 1 DVI, 3 DP and 1 HDMI.

Yes that is a common problem with Nvidia cards. I just prevent deep sleep

lol read http://osxdaily.com/2017/04/02/fix-black-screen-wake-sleep-mac/

I bought a gtx 1080, a 270 motherboard etc etc and cannot wait to see if can make it work but I am to scared to replace the graphicscard in my second quo rig cause they seem to break everytime I do stuff with it.

Hi,

Anyone got Thunderbolt working on the Quo?

In System Information, mine says: "Thunderbolt: No Hardware Found."

My MacPro2008 say "Thunderbolt: No Drivers are Loaded" which is fair enough considering it's 2008.

I'm using Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS.SIERRA.MacMini.ROM with 10.11.5 and upgraded to 10.2.4 no probs.

Can someone please provided their TB firmware settings and anything else that's needed to enable TB, as I'd really like to use TCP/IP over TB with this mobo.

ta.

QuoPro

i7-3770K @ 3.5GHz

16GB Corsair @ 1600MHz

HD4000 GPU only

Samsung Evo 840 120GB

Sierra 10.12.4

Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS.SIERRA.MacMini.ROM

Hi,

Anyone got Thunderbolt working on the Quo?

In System Information, mine says: "Thunderbolt: No Hardware Found."

My MacPro2008 say "Thunderbolt: No Drivers are Loaded" which is fair enough considering it's 2008.

I'm using Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS.SIERRA.MacMini.ROM with 10.11.5 and upgraded to 10.2.4 no probs.

Can someone please provided their TB firmware settings and anything else that's needed to enable TB, as I'd really like to use TCP/IP over TB with this mobo.

ta.

QuoPro

i7-3770K @ 3.5GHz

16GB Corsair @ 1600MHz

HD4000 GPU only

Samsung Evo 840 120GB

Sierra 10.12.4

Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS.SIERRA.MacMini.ROM

Thunderbolt is working over here. Working ever since I built the machine a couple years ago. Here are my Thunderbolt settings...

post-1285709-0-28315900-1491808041_thumb.png