OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

I never tried to boot the Sierra installer with the vanilla patched bios. I couldn't even boot into El Capitan. Just kept getting an Apple logo with no progress bar. I had this issue a couple months back trying to use a defaults.plist in EFI/OZ. Eventually crusher provided an XMASS bios that I think had the iMac13,2 sysdef baked in and it started working, but I still had the defaults.plist files in EFI. After flashing the patched XMASS bios with my defaults.plist in EFI, I couldn't boot. I flashed back to the non-patched ROM and removed the defaults.plist files and then reflashed to the patched ROM, but still couldn't boot. I then flashed the patched Mac mini bios and it booted into El Capitan, but only have one monitor working for some reason. The Sierra installer booted right up but initial boot after install gave me a black screen on my 690. I switched to integrated graphics and I'm now working on installing the beta web drivers.

Remember to disable csr util on the recovery after you flash the bios, if you forgot to do so FakeSMC won't load and you get stuck in the apple logo. The procedure will be: Flash the bios->Reset NVRAM->boot to recovery and disable csr util->boot to Sierra or El Capitan.

Well it says I'm running on web drivers but both my screens go black once the desktop presumably loads. Not like, black screens, but no output at all. They just turn off.

There's already support for new AMD GPUs in macOS Sierra, till the end of the year, we should be set.

Well hey I'm not against picking up a 480. I googled it while I've been messing with this and they don't appear to be playing nicely yet that I could find. Has anybody tried any of the 3xx or 4xx cards under Sierra? Do any work OOB?

Remember to disable csr util on the recovery after you flash the bios, if you forgot to do so FakeSMC won't load and you get stuck in the apple logo. The procedure will be: Flash the bios->Reset NVRAM->boot to recovery and disable csr util->boot to Sierra or El Capitan.

Ah yeah didn't think to do that. It must be built in to the defaults.plist on the Mac mini variant cuz that booted right up. Might have to give it another shot cuz having only one display makes me feel like a caveman ;) Not that the Mac mini sysdef is the problem. It's just the only thing I can think of to try.

Welp best I can find at best buy are a gt 740 or a r7 240. Well, not THE best. The best are the 1080 and rx 480. But they won't help either.

Actually, they've got an R9 390 here...

Do you still have the BIOS image that Crusher gave you, if so you can extract Its built-in Defaults.plist and compare it with the 'stock' one

Yeah i think I do. Not sure how to go about doing that though.

Yeah i think I do. Not sure how to go about doing that though.

UEFITool .. if you don<t know how to do it .. just send me the "Crusher BIOS' and I will extract Defaults.plist from it ... he probably disabled Nvidia Injection or something ... else you can still use that BIOS and scratch your back with my hammer ...no reason to buy a new GPU ... unless you are looking for a reason to buy a new GPU ...

Well it says I'm running on web drivers but both my screens go black once the desktop presumably loads. Not like, black screens, but no output at all. They just turn off.

At this stage, plug one of the monitors into the motherboard DVI or HDMI connector .. do you get an image ?

If so, try to disable Nvidia Injection and reboot

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableNvidiaInjection=%01

If that fixes it, then you can integrate it into Defaults.plist, if it makes it worst clear nvram

Where you found that ROM?

I think this page says it all (after some google translate) .... https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/index.php/Thread/24758-Z77MXQUOAOS-neuste-Version/

Looks like they grabbed the OZ from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/page-204 and replaced the one into the stock XMAS BIOS and called it  H20.1671. 

The Defaults.plist file for iMac13,2 seems to come from a file you provided and the QUOUSB.pkg.zip seems to come from the one i provided to remove port restrictions on El Cap for Sysdef that have them ...

I think this page says it all (after some google translate) .... https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/index.php/Thread/24758-Z77MXQUOAOS-neuste-Version/

Looks like they grabbed the OZ from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/page-204 and replaced the one into the stock XMAS BIOS and called it  H20.1671. 

The Defaults.plist file for iMac13,2 seems to come from a file you provided and the QUOUSB.pkg.zip seems to come from the one i provided to remove port restrictions on El Cap for Sysdef that have them ...

This is not 1671 this is 167X with bin patch:

Look bdmesg

http://pastebin.com/6hCnzrEW

Stupid way to raise the version number, "X" always greater/generic than any number :D

you‘re right. Wait new release version with second number.....

Not in EBCDIC  ...  :wink_anim:

1 = 0xF1

X= 0xE7

@cecekpawon he never said that this version 1671!!!!!!

At this stage, plug one of the monitors into the motherboard DVI or HDMI connector .. do you get an image ?

If so, try to disable Nvidia Injection and reboot

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableNvidiaInjection=%01
If that fixes it, then you can integrate it into Defaults.plist, if it makes it worst clear nvram
Yeah I've got it plugged into the MB DVI at the moment. I'm gonna start with flashing the patches MacPro3,1 bios and disable csr and see if El Cap will boot. Then if that works I'll try putting my iMac13,2 defaults.plist back in EFI and try to get into Sierra. If that all fails I'll work out your other suggestions. Haven't had time the last few days. Maybe tonight.

Well I've been playing around with different bios files and trying to get defaults.plist to load from EFI and I'm not having much luck. I flashed the "vanilla" patched bios again and tried to boot into recovery to disable car but I had the same problem as with just booting into El Capitan. It sticks at the Apple logo with no progress bar. I then refreshed the mac mini bios and tried to change the sysdef with defaults.plist in EFI, but I can't get it to load. I cleared NVRAM a couple times, but every time I boot back up it's still set as Mac mini. SO here's my current request: Could somebody maybe make me a Sierra patched bios with iMac13,2 sysdef, SIP disabled, and nvda-drv=1 (to try and get both monitors back and get video output from the 690 under sierra with the web drivers). I think the best version for me would be the iMac sysdef xmas bios crusher did for me awhile back. I had great success (queue Borat voice) with it. I'll attach it. Unless you've got some other ideas I can try. 

P.S. IronMan, I downloaded UEFITool and tried to look at the iMac xmas bios crusher did, but I have no idea what I'm looking at. Maybe I downloaded the wrong tool but it was over my head without some serious instruction.

Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-IMAC.zip

So how do I find the right one in all those lines? I just don't know what I'm looking for. Like, which one is the defaults.plist? How would you apply the Sierra patch from the Ozmosis thread? It's like I'm looking at hieroglyphics without a rosetta stone. I see several similar lines to the one in your example (not to be pushy, I'd like to figure this out).

hmmm ok, I hit command F, click text, type in eg ozmosis, hit enter, box goes away, and nothing happens. Is eg a typo? If just type ozmosis I get a few results.

Ah ok I've got a couple results like you have. Found in UI section. Two of them with that Raw Section you extracted. 

So ok, just clicked on both and one is ozmosis defaults raw section. When I extract it the filetype is .raw though and it'll only open in Photoshop. 

AH got it I think.

OK thanks for spelling it out for me crusher. Almost had to use crayons.

hmmm ok, I hit command F, click text, type in eg ozmosis, hit enter, box goes away, and nothing happens. Is eg a typo? If just type ozmosis I get a few results.

Ah ok I've got a couple results like you have. Found in UI section. Two of them with that Raw Section you extracted. 

So ok, just clicked on both and one is ozmosis defaults raw section. When I extract it the filetype is .raw though and it'll only open in Photoshop. 

AH got it I think.

OK thanks for spelling it out for me crusher. Almost had to use crayons.

double click anywhere