BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
ok just to information
parts list i have for this build
CASE: Akasa 62 eclipse. the reason im using this case it as great air flow maked of aluminium Stainless motherboard tray that slides out
i have mounted a thermochill 120mm rad on the inside of the motherboard tray and made a bracket for the d5 water pump to fix to the same tray
at the front. a small res will sit on top of the pump. i will be using a sapphire vaperX5770 graphics card
the idea is that the complete build can be all pulled out on the motherboard tray. (if i also use ssds and put them also on the motherboard tray)
i have two wd 150 Raptor drives i could use. 600 watt psu.
just need cpu and memory. and the motherboard in june

Pike R. Alpha

Pike R. Alpha

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 221 posts

Please feel free to submit inquiries again. We are doing our best to respond to emails. We will not discuss installation methods. We will be shipping soon. We can also be reached by phone.

There are limited quanties left.

We will be adding more components and complete systems as well.

Why not simply reply to the e-mail you already received from people like me?

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
@iztech i have just requested a firm date for quo sales 1 becouse i live in the uk which thay couldnt give just june. thats cool
also im a active member on this site. and ppl are quite intrested in my builds
so whats your problem.
with me saying how things are progressing and what parts i will using

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 744 posts
I thought this topic is about a board that is very close to hit the market, not a place where people discuss private stuff(and yes PM or email is private!)
But I may be wrong, my bad.

Now back to topic, I know some have many questions, on some we answered, rest will find an answer after the board is released.
Hope you guys understand that some stuff must remain private till certain point

iztech

iztech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
@BALDY_MAN - no objection to you talking about components at all. We encourage builds and system builders to configure machines and push the envelope. The entire community learns this way. I don't think I stated anything about your components, sorry if it was misconstrued.

@iztech i have just requested a firm date for quo sales 1 becouse i live in the uk which thay couldnt give just june. thats cool
also im a active member on this site. and ppl are quite intrested in my builds
so whats your problem.
with me saying how things are progressing and what parts i will using

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,918 posts

Hope you guys understand that some stuff must remain private till certain point

King, don't take offense on what i'm about to say, but these "should-be-private" posts are from Quo customers (de facto or potential) that are exercising their justified right to publicly complain about a treatment they feel inappropriate (notice that i'm taking no sides here, just stating facts). If you can speak from Quo's side and feel the complaints are unjustified, let us all know about your points of view about these.

All the best!

genzai

genzai

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
Hi Guys,
I am still interested in this board but it may become difficult to invest in it with haswell right on its heels. We will have to see how that plays out and what haswell board compatibility and features look like. My main question, and one that would probably push me over the edge into ordering a few of these boards for my DIT work is if thunderbolt hot-swap is working in OS X. I had asked this via email to QUO directly earlier on, and was told that was something they planned to have working but it wasn't working yet. That was several weeks ago and i am wondering if you guys can tell me if this is working now or if you are confident it will work.
Thanks,
g\

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Please let me state im no complaining about the june delivery of my pledged motherboard
i quite looking forward to building it and testing it all out
and like we all do when getting enthused about a new build we say (IE: im expecting the waterblock next week.ect ect)
when i expect something from what ive been told.
why shouldn't i share with like minded ppl
its not a big deal and we all do it. sites like this run on shearing information will tell you more when its up and running some time in june

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 744 posts

King, don't take offense on what i'm about to say, but these "should-be-private" posts are from Quo customers (de facto or potential) that are exercising their justified right to publicly complain about a treatment they feel inappropriate (notice that i'm taking no sides here, just stating facts). If you can speak from Quo's side and feel the complaints are unjustified, let us all know about your points of view about these.

All the best!

Not at all, but you are wrong, IMHO...
We all here use nick's, there is no way to track who is who and what mail address he/she used if ever used or ever mailed... This isn't QUO support forum(that will come) but a topic where we discuss the board.
I feel inappropriate to deal with something we don't know, or can't know and state that is right, for all sides.
Lets just stay on things that we know, the board is ready to launch, answer what we can answer about it and make people happy, customers or not. :)

Pike R. Alpha

Pike R. Alpha

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 221 posts

Not at all, but you are wrong, IMHO...
We all here use nick's,...

I don't. I use my real name.

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• News Team
  • 1,156 posts
  • Interests:(~_^)
Can't wait till June.

Tosk

Tosk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

There was a message sent out via Kickstarter the other day. Problems with the board supplier, but everything is still coming. Air mail likely to ship next week.

SLim Nasr

SLim Nasr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

I'm thinking of buying 5 or 10 of these babies and hooking my friends up! but i'm afraid of customs.... unfortunately, i live in Egypt.

:help:  

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Thought i would post a few pics of what i will be using for this motherboard build.

The case is a old Akasa  62 eclipse

Swiftec waterpump 120 Thorochill rad a cut down and rethreaded res tube

the plan is to mount everything on the slide out motherboard tray.

Attached Files

iLeopod

iLeopod

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Interests:ileopod.wordpress.com

this is no modding thread ...

There is a Public kickstarter update with unboxing video. Looks like the FW800 backplate is not included :-( 

bdv

bdv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Italian motorcycles riding and fixing, computers, cats, pre-print design.

this is no modding thread ...

There is a Public kickstarter update with unboxing video. Looks like the FW800 backplate is not included :-( 

The QUO site has a kickstarter page with the evolution of the parts availability.

The "brackets" entry is not checked for the moment so we can expect them to be provided with the boards, once received.

My opinion only, I do not have any more info than you.

iLeopod

iLeopod

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Interests:ileopod.wordpress.com

There is a comment on that post that the backplate is optional.(not confirmed yet)

subxero

subxero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Ooops! Edited to delete my post. Embrassed much! Old article was old!

XLR

XLR

2cores1cpu.mov

• Donators
  • 896 posts

LOL

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

@subxero

The article is published in 2009 may 29. It's 2013 now. AFAIK QUO, on their site does not mention OS X as target OS to install on the product. QUO should have no problems with Apple as long as OS X is mentioned in any of the official papers/information. Perhaps they even should make an official statement on the subject with explanation what OSs are officially supported. We all know that OS X officially can only run on Macs. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobo

Topic Stats Last Post Info

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy