1. Boot into Lion installation media

2. Open Terminal,

3. Type “cd /Volumes/(Insert drive name)/var/db”,

4. Type “touch .AppleSetupDone”,

5. Type “resetpassword”

6. Select your drive at the top and change root password in dialog,

7. Reboot,

8. Log on as “root”

9. Create new user account from System Preferences.

My 10.7.3

Working!!!

:thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Probably iatkos installed something unexpected. That's the problem with the system. The best recommendation i could give you is to spend $19 (the same price of two Big Mac combos!) and buy Mountain Lion from Apple, and from the unmodified OS, start adding drivers that enable it to boot on your machine, knowing what you're throwing in.

If you want to stick with iAtkos, at least boot with -v, so we can learn for sure what's going on.

Best regards!

• 2 weeks later...

Probably iatkos installed something unexpected. That's the problem with the system. The best recommendation i could give you is to spend $19 (the same price of two Big Mac combos!) and buy Mountain Lion from Apple, and from the unmodified OS, start adding drivers that enable it to boot on your machine, knowing what you're throwing in.

If you want to stick with iAtkos, at least boot with -v, so we can learn for sure what's going on.

Best regards!

Dude i finally install mac os x 10.8.2 but i have another probs that is my monitor got disconnected after loading all kext

i couldn't get the USER ACCOUNT SCREEN

i have nvidia 9400GT ,Athlon LE 1640 2.71GHZ,ASUS M2N68 AM-SE 2,250SSD,4GB RAM 800MHZ

Maverick, you posted in the right place. Thank you very much! :D

About your issue, you need to boot with -x. Once in the desktop, erase both the GeforceGLDriverBundle and the GeforceAccelerator. Then you will be able to get to the desktop without -x. Unfortunately this means no QE/CI for now.

The nVidia bug wasn't squashed yet! If you really need QE/CI, i suggest you stay in Lion.

All the best!

Maverick, you posted in the right place. Thank you very much! :D

About your issue, you need to boot with -x. Once in the desktop, erase both the GeforceGLDriverBundle and the GeforceAccelerator. Then you will be able to get to the desktop without -x. Unfortunately this means no QE/CI for now.

The nVidia bug wasn't squashed yet! If you really need QE/CI, i suggest you stay in Lion.

All the best!

For lion which kernel i should use

this my Mountain lion kernel

ok i have on board NVIDIA chipset and graphics too

https://www.dropbox.... AMD KERNEL.rar

This is the correct kernel for Mountain Lion, Maverick: the problem is your nVidia card - the kernel hates nVidia graphics!

In the Lion thread, download any new revision of the kernel. I use RC7 for 10.7.5, but Bronzovka made one later, even more stable. I'll find the link for you.

Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?jcxb2dyvxw68lfa

Boot with mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Y

This is the correct kernel for Mountain Lion, Maverick: the problem is your nVidia card - the kernel hates nVidia graphics!

In the Lion thread, download any new revision of the kernel. I use RC7 for 10.7.5, but Bronzovka made one later, even more stable. I'll find the link for you.

Here: http://www.mediafire...jcxb2dyvxw68lfa

Boot with mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Y

i can't get installation screen using those flags which u said

i have to use "-v rd=disk0 ahcidisk=1 debug=8" every time for standup the installation

and this 32 kernel or 64 and does it works on 10.7.5 ?

It's for 10.7.5. I sent you the flags i use myself to boot. Once it is installed, i think you'll be able to use them. Boot with arch=i386: the kernel is 32-bit but will run 64-bit apps.

Best regards!

Ok Thankx i got it

Final question does this kernel works on 10.7.3 or 10.7.2 the older versions and finder and all works properly ?

id like to put any one of these onto mac, hopefully snow leapard to mountain lion. i was told to post here in the amd section for all of them are amd..

ive tried with intel and never got any to work. im in need of a mac for garageband and video editing and i just love the feel of a mac. i would like a guide that can help me without confusing me too much. i know of arch=i386 and what -f -v do when booting and how to partition the hard disk but i need help after that. i can install without adding kexts and screw stuff up but i also can (durring installation) add kexts and have no access to a mac myself. with that hopefully i can get one of these working

mainly the hp g42 laptop that would work the best for travel.

HP G42 AMD

AMD ATHLON II P340

4GB DDR 3 RAM

AMD 880G WITH RADEON HD 4250 M

300 GB SATA 7200

DL DVD

desktop one

ASROCK 880GM-LE

AM3+ FX 4100

8GB DDR3 1600 KINGSTON RAM

NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 640 1GB GDDR

500 GB 7200 SATA

BROADCOM WIRELESS CARD

SUPERWRITE DVD DL READ AND WRITE

desktop two

GIGABYE GA-K8N PRO SLI

ATHLON 2 3800+

4GB DDR400 RAM

RADEON HD 4850

160 GB IDE

BROADCOM WIRELESS CARD

SUPERWROTE DVD DL READ AND WRITE

• Like 1

Best thing to do would be to search the model numbers of your laptop and motherboards using the search function of the website. This should give a good idea of whether it had been done before/could be done. I'm sure people will answer here, but it might give you a good place to start. Good luck!

• Like 1

Well, five quick steps:

1) buy the OS: it's the price of two Big Mac combos, only 20 bucks. C'mon! :D

2) download the amd_kernel on the first post in the Mountain Lion kernel testing topic: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/

3) Use this method to create your USB installer, but replace the original mach_kernel with the amd_kernel you just downloaded: http://www.insanelym...-for-beginners/

4) All three steps above completed, post here for further assistance.

Best regards!

Alternative method: instead of step 3), use this tool to create your installer: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287068-ditch-your-mouse-create-a-usb-installer-from-a-shell/

• Like 1

ok i know amd and mac it has always been like fire and water .....

but still i wanna install any version of mac os my new build and u guys are my only hope .

so please tell me how to do it cause i have never done it before

also please tell me which version of mac os to buy

if u have any edited version which i can just boot up and it will install automatically it would be great.

i want to dual boot windows 7 and mac os if possible ...

please give a vedio or well written tutorial how to do it as i am a noob

i have never try ed to install mac os on a pc

i did try to install it on my old pc well it did not went well....

the dvd did not even booted up it gave me an error and i was not able to figure out why

well that is an old story.. lets get back to the new one

so my pc specs are

~~~~~~~

motherboard - GA-970A-DS3

ram(8GB) [1600mhz] - Corsair CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9

processor - FX 8350 (64 BIT PROCESSOR)

harddrive - samsung 1tb 7200 rpm (AHCI MODE)

gpu - SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5

case - cooler master elite 310

supply box - cooler master Thunder 500W

THANK U IN ADVANCE :)

• Like 1

No problem.

Thy to add your busratio to your bootflags for fixing sound. Ex.: amd_kernel npci=0x200 busratio=post your busratio here. For video, i don't understand what "lag" means: would you post pictures?

All the best!

id like to put any one of these onto mac, hopefully snow leapard to mountain lion. i was told to post here in the amd section for all of them are amd..

ive tried with intel and never got any to work. im in need of a mac for garageband and video editing and i just love the feel of a mac. i would like a guide that can help me without confusing me too much. i know of arch=i386 and what -f -v do when booting and how to partition the hard disk but i need help after that. i can install without adding kexts and screw stuff up but i also can (durring installation) add kexts and have no access to a mac myself. with that hopefully i can get one of these working

mainly the hp g42 laptop that would work the best for travel.

You got an answer! :)

Well, five quick steps:

1) buy the OS: it's the price of two Big Mac combos, only 20 bucks. C'mon! :D

2) download the amd_kernel on the first post in the Mountain Lion kernel testing topic: http://www.insanelym...testing-on-amd/

3) Use this method to create your USB installer, but replace the original mach_kernel with the amd_kernel you just downloaded: http://www.insanelym...-for-beginners/

4) All three steps above completed, post here for further assistance.

Best regards!

Alternative method: instead of step 3), use this tool to create your installer: http://www.insanelym...r-from-a-shell/

so with these steps will i be able to install mac os on my pc ?

u saw my pc specs right ?

motherboard - GA-970A-DS3

ram(8GB) [1600mhz] - Corsair CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9

processor - FX 8350 (64 BIT PROCESSOR)

harddrive - samsung 1tb 7200 rpm (AHCI MODE)

gpu - SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5

case - cooler master elite 310

supply box - cooler master Thunder 500W

i have heard mac lion x has a problem with amd procesor and ati/amd vedio cards

so bro which mac os version should i buy ?

and thank u for the reply ...

can i pm u ?

i have some questions if u do not mind

and is there a way i can dual boot windows 7 and mac os

and what are boot loaders do i need to use one of them

if yes i need to use them how to do it

and is there a vedio tutorial for all of this ?

and yes my motherboard has Touch Efi bios

which is normal bios i guess .... just a different name

please look at it if my motherboard is also compatible