Lion kernel testing on AMD (don't ask help here: use the Help Topic)

ham4ever

613 posts in this topic

Justin Edwards: No offense, but why do you want one? Snow Leopard works flawlessly on AMD as it is, thanks to Nawcom. :)

Sinetek: Strange. I'll bug you one last time: what are your specs? Oh, and if you're in VMWare, I urge you to test on actual hardware.

If anyone wants to pop in the chat from their web browser without downloading a client, you can do it here. Just type in your username and hit go. Note that you must change mib_xxx to your username - due to misuse by spammers, mib_xxx names are now banned. :3

Justin Edwards: No offense, but why do you want one? Snow Leopard works flawlessly on AMD as it is, thanks to Nawcom. :)

Sinetek: Strange. I'll bug you one last time: what are your specs? Oh, and if you're in VMWare, I urge you to test on actual hardware.

If anyone wants to pop in the chat from their web browser without downloading a client, you can do it here. Just change mib_xxx to your username and hit go. :)

Uhh..

Hello? Sinetek JUST made changes to the sysenter stuff. Meaning no patching etc, for smooth snow leopard . 2nd -force64 on snow leopard still doesn't allow finder m4v quick look due to no ssse3 emulator lol

Just use nawcom's legacy kernel? as far as I know, snow leopard does not use ssse3 at all. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I already use it, and you are wrong QuickTime and safari on 64-bit crash when viewing videos unless In 32 bit I want full 64 lol

@sinetek tested kernel on lion, booted with -legacy arch=i386 booted fine, xpchelper issues present, I tried the testcase program, kernel panic upon loading

The sources for the Opcode emulator have been revamped and tested, and it works great for 32/64 now.

Sysenter emulation has been added, so 32b processes now start. However, there is a really strange problem on my hardware, NO 64b process starts successfully at all. This is with -force64. Why could that be??

-- Sinetek

Any chance we could see the patch code please? I am interested in having a look over the Christmas vacation.

the only mention of BSD Root I've found on the forums is way back from Tiger days, and has to do with corrupted ramdisks. hmm..

Maybe it's not getting stuck @ BSD Root, but the thing that comes after BSD Root?

Tested the kernel on my system but it´s the same.

It stops 3 lines after BSD Root.

What are those 3 lines? Something about jnl replay_journal? Like this:

Dec 24 11:22:33 localhost kernel[0]: jnl: unknown-dev: replay_journal: from: xxxxxxxx to: xxxxxxxx (joffset 0x000000)

You have to patch dyld to make it work. There is a huge problem on my machine with 64 bit processes, they don't spawn at all.

I have an exam tomorrow, but I have an interesting idea about debugging I'll be checking out after that.

Thank you! :)

What are those 3 lines? Something about jnl replay_journal? Like this:

Exactly yes, and after it a plugin from fakesmc was displayed

@ Sinetek

Thanks for the information, will patch it today and post my results as soons as i´m at home from work.

got rid of the insta reboot in arch=x86_64, found what the problem is in the sources.

now i'm getting this,

http://pastebin.com/ZxzVteLp

-- Sinetek

Try with busratio=xx?

I don't actually have any clue why, but it has fixed my issues with random KPs. The freq and bus freq seem to be right though.

So guys, after so many breakdowns that I had in the last few days with my hardware. two hard drives shot! now I have Lion 10.7.2 installed. and will by and by multiple partitions with various versions of OS X install for testing.

the subsequent test are with sinetek lion 10.7 kernel and last sinetek patch file:

first test with boot flag: fips_mode=0 cpus=6 npci=0x3000 maxmem=4096 -enable_ssse3emu darkwake=0 pmVersion=0 -s

it stops at:

http://www.imgbox.de.../P6IfaxqV4z.jpg

P6IfaxqV4z.jpg

the second test with boot flag: fips_mode=0 -enable_ssse3emu usekernelcache=No -v -f

it stops at:

0EwcD7Tzs1.jpg

http://www.imgbox.de.../0EwcD7Tzs1.jpg

the third test with the last kernel for Snow Leopard to Lion 10.7.2, the system goes into an endless loop.

Hi sinetek, Hi theconnatic, when can we expect a new Test-kernel for Lion or Mountain Lion ?

Edited by spakk