Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Hi, Slice

I built rL932 package using CG V4.9.

However hard I try, it gives me only English version.

What sort of command do I need to create a Korean.version in CG?

Or, What should I do to activate the 'kr.lproj' in your sourceforge folder?

Please let me have a clue. Thanks.

Nothing.

Other languages work as is. Including chinese. The problem inside your OSX.

Nothing.

Other languages work as is. Including chinese. The problem inside your OSX.

Thanks. I thought it might be an issue from CloverGrower and asked STLVNUB.

He pointed out as this,

edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/package/Resources-original/kr.lproj

pretty sure this is supposed to be

edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/package/Resources-original/ko.lproj

referring to http://installbuilde...de/ar01s12.html

I guess his advice is quite reasonable. Would you please check it? Thank you!

[EDITED]

SOLVED!!! Gorgeous!

Based on STLVNUB's advice, I changed the file name from kr.lproj to ko.lproj

in src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/package/Resources-original folder in CloverGrower.

And did rebuild rL932 before changing my OS X display language from English to Korean.

When logging in and executing the package, she showed me these;

2012121574523.png

2012121574649.png

2012121574731.png

Isn't it beautiful, is it?

Thank you so much, slice.

Thank you, STLVNUB.

Thanks to you guys, many Korean users will rush to use Clover!

Dear Slice, I have another real Apple Mac testcase in BIOS-mode: MacPro 2.1 octo 16GB ati 5770 2x monitor dp>dvi-i + dvi-d

Clover iso 928/9 CD only boots to a text menu if no internal/external usb/sata disks are connected to the MacPro.

Clover iso 928/9 CD can boot a external USB disk if the disk is powered on AFTER Clover had started from CD and persists inside its "Boot Maintenance Manager" sub-menu, in which you can select "boot from file". So the external usb-disk is powered on after Clover booted from CD.

Clover iso 928/9 CD can chainload/boot a clover 928/9 on a external USB MountainLion installer disk with a visual GUI with 1600x1200! :-D

Clover 923 chainloaded shows only 4 cores in the cpu-menu, booting the MountainLion installer with a patched MacPro dsdt makes it hang after the "cryptosupport.kext .... passed". (Chimera boots fine with this dsdt, but ofcourse not from external usb, on chimera shutdown/restart won't work)

Clover iso 928/9 CD can chainload/boot a Windows 7 prof 64 EFI installer from external fat32 USB disk from the clover text sub-menu "boot from file"! :-D

Explanation:

Clover ISO 928/9 64 bit will only boot till a ncurses like menu when all internal and external(usb) disks are disconnected from the MacPro! After ending up in the textmenu (not the normal highress/color GUI with a mouse), the keyboard works and you must select the lowest menu item "Boot Maintenance Manager". When you are in that sub-menu, POWERON a USB disk which contains a MountainLion installer and a Clover 923 install, wait a couple of seconds. Than select "boot from file" and go to volume of MountainLion into the folder /EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi on that external USB disk and boot it. Than the visual highress/color Clover menu shows up, showing version 923!!! Or select a external USB fat32 volume with a Windows 7prof 64 installer and boot the /efi/boot/bootx64.efi and you have a working Windows 7 installation.

Clover 923 will not chainload from 928/9 if usbmouse driver is loaded! So only FSinject.efi may exist in the 64bit efi driver folder of the usb disk.

So referring back to the earlier made real MacBookPro 5.1 testcase http://www.insanelym...00#entry1873065 which boots clover 883 with a visual highress GUI instantly from the Clover CD ISO, but usb support is totally dead so you cannot interact with it(logo keeps spinning).

On the other side on this real MacPro2.1 the usb support partly works for keyboard input and external usb disk support(powered on after clover has loaded its SUB-menu from which you can select "boot from file"), but the bootloader will not even start if any disk is connected. It will show only the black screen with a highress white cursor/dash on the topleft corner shows and seems to hang although "CTRL-ALT-DELETE" can still reboot the machine so it doesn't really hang.

I'll try a clean Fat32 Clover install to enable logging on these real macs this weekend.

ps: also a MacBookPro3.1 will be tested.

Comwave - I am sure many will appreciate your total commitment to this effort of yours - such efforts are two way and you are a fine example of what this is all about within an international and a diverse community - a big Thank You...

Tony/Singapore

Thank you so much, Tony.

Your encouragement and help are highly appreciated.

Can you anyone tell me why even so iCloud doesn't works. ?

Please I ask you to help

<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
 <key>CustomUUID</key>
 <string>3e9ac150-469f-11e2-bcfd-0800200c9a66</string>
 <key>DefaultBootVolume</key>
 <string>MacOsx</string>
 <key>InjectSystemID</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>boot-args</key>
 <string>-v slide=0</string>
 <key>iCloudFix</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
 <string>it:0</string>
</dict>

Can you anyone tell me why even so iCloud doesn't works. ?

Please I ask you to help

Are you using Little Snitch or something similar? It has the tenancy to disable stuff which is important for iCloud.

If you use it, disable it temporarily and try again.

No , i Don't Use Little Snitch or something similar

Are you using Little Snitch or something similar? It has the tenancy to disable stuff which is important for iCloud.

If you use it, disable it temporarily and try again.

No , i Don't Use Little Snitch or something similar

Well just an update for anyone using the ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional-M (Current UEFI v1.80) or thinking about purchasing this motherboard.

The board is working 100% even Backwards compatibility of the Intel USB 3.0 ports, thanks to my friend Mieze from Germany. She's brilliant with ACPI editing!

Thanks everyone who provided insite!

-Mrengles

PS. I'm only using FakeSMC.kext :)

FYI if you have a EVGA nvidia Kepler GPU you can download the UEFI vbios update by contacting tech support.

Ultra fast boot works in my motherboard with clover, no post screen, and boot screen is now full res screen no black around the edges.

Good luck everyone!

Mrengles

I couldn't be fore Mac like. :)

FYI if you have a EVGA nvidia Kepler GPU you can download the UEFI vbios update by contacting tech support.

Ultra fast boot works in my motherboard with clover, no post screen, and boot screen is now full res screen no black around the edges.

Good luck everyone!

Mrengles

I couldn't be fore Mac like. :)

Congrats, Mrengles!

BTW, what size is your display?

21.4 inches at 1920 x 1080 (2ea)

Thank you!

Your displays are very good ones for supporting 1920x1080 in 21.4 inches.

I have 2 Syncmaster displays, but maximum resolution is not good; 1920x1080 for 27 inch, 1680x1050 for 22 inch.

Just big sizes with no higher resolution support!

I've tried to get 1920x1080 at Clover booting, but so far in vain.

My vga GTX460's vbios doesn't have that resolution. What a pity! :wallbash:

Congratulations once again :thumbsup_anim:

Thank you!

Your displays are very good ones for supporting 1920x1080 in 21.4 inches.

I have 2 Syncmaster displays, but maximum resolution is not good; 1920x1080 for 27 inch, 1680x1050 for 22 inch.

Just big sizes with no higher resolution support!

Congratulations once again :thumbsup_anim:

The best thing about the UEFI vbios the ultra fast boot for win8. I use when booting clover for osx. My boot to osx desktop has dropped to 4 seconds!

In my asrock UEFI setup it's called UEFI GOP.

Did you try this way?

<key>PatchVBios</key>
 <string>Yes</string>

Did you try this way?

<key>PatchVBios</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Thank you very much. (I am sure that I have to study the manual more thoroughly^^)

PatchVBios gave me a higher resolution, but Clover didn't use the whole screen and still with some black space around boot screen. So I tried several combinations using InjectEDID, LoadVBios, and GraphicsInjector options. But same result.

My LCD is SyncMastr TA531(27 inch, max. res. 1920x1080)

Looking at preboot.log, these lines are seen.

4:775 0:000 Available graphics modes for refit.conf screen_resolution:

4:775 0:000 Curr. Mode = 4, Modes = 6, FB = E9000000, FB size=0xE00000

4:775 0:000 - Mode 0: 640x480 PixFmt = 8bit BGR, PixPerScanLine = 640

4:775 0:000 - Mode 1: 800x600 PixFmt = 8bit BGR, PixPerScanLine = 800

4:775 0:000 - Mode 2: 1024x768 PixFmt = 8bit BGR, PixPerScanLine = 1024

4:775 0:000 - Mode 3: 1280x1024 PixFmt = 8bit BGR, PixPerScanLine = 1280

4:775 0:000 - Mode 4: 1920x1080 PixFmt = 8bit BGR, PixPerScanLine = 1920

4:775 0:000 - Mode 5: 1280x800 PixFmt = 8bit BGR, PixPerScanLine = 1280

4:775 0:000 SetScreenResolution: 1920x1080 - already set

4:998 0:223 Found Mouse device:

4:998 0:000 - ResolutionX=8

4:998 0:000 - ResolutionY=8

4:998 0:000 - ResolutionZ=8

4:998 0:000 - Left button present

4:998 0:000 - Right button present

5:001 0:003 GUI ready

Before VBios patch, I couldn't see Mode4 above.

One strange thing. My second LCD is 22 inch (SyncMaster 223BW) with max resolution 1680x1050.

When I tried this display as main with 1680x1050 in refit.conf, it didn't work.

But with 1280x1024, Clover used the full screen without any extra black space.

Interesting. Thanks.

preboot.log.zip

I posted this on another Clover Thread and above (SORRY), but I just want to let everyone know. That by updating my EVGA GTX 670 to the new UEFI vBios, my display now shows full screen @ 1920x1080 without any black edges when booting Clover or at the main menu. I can also use the Windows 8 Ultra Fast boot now with Clover and OSX. My Boots times are SICK!!! Super fast. 4-5 seconds max!

I know i've already posted this, but I wanted to add that all of this was without the need for CsmVideoDxe-64.efi

Check for a UEFI update for your GPU, It makes such a difference when using Clover. The only downside "not for me" once you update you wont be able to use the card with a legacy Bios motherboard. Legacy's dead anyhow. :wink2:

Good Luck everyone!

Mrengles

PS. I'll try to post a video of the entire boot. It will be a very short video. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

:worried_anim:

Robert you are fantastic...i wait your video.

I have a zotac amp 470gtx, how do I see where upgrade firmware?

Carmine,

I don't know, you should browse the Zotac website or contact their Tech Support. That's what I had to do. Evga hasn't released the update publicly and only will provide if asked.

Good luck dude!

By the way it's call "UEFI GOP"

Mrengles

Carmine,

I don't know, you should browse the Zotac website or contact their Tech Support. That's what I had to do. Evga hasn't released the update publicly and only will provide if asked.

Good luck dude!

Mrengles

should I ask for uefi mode firmware?

thz Robert