Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Good to see another theme here Eps and thanks for the tip for the transparent font files - I'll have to try it out when i get a chance.

And great to see some new design icons fau71. Top job!

@mrengles - Lol :)

What's the tip with transparent font files? I tried making a set and failed miserably. The fonts did not load at the main menu. Are you putting an outline around the font or a drop shadow?

What's the tip with transparent font files? I tried making a set and failed miserably. The fonts did not load at the main menu. Are you putting an outline around the font or a drop shadow?

Transparent font in my theme is pure transparent,but 1 pixel in left-up corner of whole PNG file have nearly transparent color(1%).

It must use the background function and Clover will load the font file.

Same left-up pixel tip in banner function make Clover change background color.

And all pure transparent things will worked really nice.

• Like 3

Transparent font in my theme is pure transparent,but 1 pixel in left-up corner of whole PNG file have nearly transparent color(1%).

It must use the background function and Clover will load the font file.

Same left-up pixel tip in banner function make Clover change background color.

And all pure transparent things will worked really nice.

Great find, I'll have to put another theme together now based on your findings. I'll now be able to complete a theme I have idea's for, but was unable to get it working.

Thanks

-Mrengles

screenshot0.png

OS icons updated. :)

Why vol_internal_ntfs_disable.icns?

{ NULL, L"icons\\vol_internal.icns",	  128 }, //8+2
 { NULL, L"icons\\vol_external.icns",	  128 },
 { NULL, L"icons\\vol_optical.icns",	   128 },
 { NULL, L"icons\\vol_firewire.icns",	  128 }, //13
 { NULL, L"icons\\vol_clover.icns",	    128 },
 { NULL, L"icons\\vol_internal_hfs.icns",  128 },
 { NULL, L"icons\\vol_internal_ntfs.icns", 128 },
 { NULL, L"icons\\vol_internal_ext3.icns", 128 },
 { NULL, L"icons\\vol_recovery.icns",	  128 }, //18
};

Why vol_internal_ntfs_disable.icns?

{ NULL, L"icons\\vol_internal.icns",	 128 }, //8+2
{ NULL, L"icons\\vol_external.icns",	 128 },
{ NULL, L"icons\\vol_optical.icns",	 128 },
{ NULL, L"icons\\vol_firewire.icns",	 128 }, //13
{ NULL, L"icons\\vol_clover.icns",	 128 },
{ NULL, L"icons\\vol_internal_hfs.icns", 128 },
{ NULL, L"icons\\vol_internal_ntfs.icns", 128 },
{ NULL, L"icons\\vol_internal_ext3.icns", 128 },
{ NULL, L"icons\\vol_recovery.icns",	 128 }, //18
};

Because,if use these icons,it make HDD selection looked something massed. :(

I will re-design these disabled icons later. :)

Happy Thanksgiving US Clover users!

slice, what changed from version 826 to 883?

Thz

Note:

I'm trying software raid bootable with clover in efi mode, if everything works well, write a guide for the community..and post score

Why don't you put together a Clover Fusion Drive guide while your at it. :wink:

If I boot my clover in legacy mode, it sleeps, wakes, auto-sleeps fine.

If I boot in UEFI mode, it sleeps but it wakes with black screen.

Anyone with the same problem ? Is there a solution ?

I also, but no idea

• Like 1

Clover would be perfect for me if wake from sleep worked in UEFI mode. Boot is very fast, and has a lot of advantages over chameleon. I hope someone finds out what the problem is and how to fix it.

I also, but no idea

This appears to be a problem many people experience - I am not sure it is solely related to Gigabyte boards as it happens sometimes on my Asus Board and I put this down (from intuition) to the USB3 drivers as after waking from sleep a device connected to an intel USB port not seen on boot appears after waking from sleep and can cause a KP or a reset with no indications in the Console as to what happened.

If Slice/Dmazar and all could investigate what causes this problem it would be appreciated by many.

Clover is Fantastic... :moil:

NB. Problem also raised with Kynnder over at http://www.osx86.net...html#post128098 post #257

post-35058-0-25889700-1353598811_thumb.png

Well done.

All icons completed.

And I have a question.

Are those windows-icon files' name right?

I've never seen them work ever. :(

AppleStyle.zip

Hi Eps I really like your theme, it is very tastefully done.

I have two osx disks and one Window8 disk, your theme identifies the OSX drives correctly but the WIN8 is shown as an "unknown" and smaller, while BlackGreen shows them correctly although sees Windows8 as Windows Vista.

Some of us with Logitech mice might not be able to use the mouse with Clover, is it possible to create a transparent pointer Icon?

Really excellent work - thanks

Edited by .: ErmaC :.
No need to over quote.

I have two osx disks and one Window8 disk, your theme identifies the OSX drives correctly but the WIN8 is shown as an "unknown" and smaller, while BlackGreen shows them correctly although sees Windows8 as Windows Vista.

Clover can't identify between Windows Vista, 7 or 8. So, if the Windows icon shows the wrong version then you can swap the icon file in the theme folder with one that matches, making sure the filenames match what Clover is looking for.

For example, the full black_green theme contains a set of 17 alternative icons, two of them being for Windows 8. If Clover is drawing the os_vista.icns icon for your Windows partition then just replace it with the os_win8.icns from the alternative_icons folder, but renaming it os_vista.icns (you may want to back up the original os_vista.icns file first).

@blackosx

Thank you very much - very much appreciated.

Works fine with Win8 now - I was not aware of version 2 of your theme.

Can I just ask one question - All efforts to make the mouse pointer work with UEFI booting fails, I have tried the 64 bit mouse driver for Clover but I have this entry in my boot.log

Turbo=Y

Mouse death.

The mouse is a logitech M516 connected to a logitech USB transmitter that also feed the keyboard, the Asus Bios/OSX and Win8 all work fine with the keyboard mouse combo but Clover kills the mouse....

Is there any way to remove the pointer from the Clover menu so it is not obvious that the mouse does not work?

Thanks/Tony.

Good to hear you have the icons working now.

But yeah, there is no central repository for themes yet so it's not easy to keep track of them and their variations etc.

Unfortunately I don't have a UEFI capable motherboard so I can't offer specific help there. But, my mouse & keyboard also fail (sometimes) when using BIOS boot, resulting with 'Mouse death' being appended to my boot.log too. When this happens I just leave the timer to countdown and boot my default partition. I haven't had time to look for a cause.

As for removing the mouse pointer if it's failed. That would be a question for Slice.

Can I just ask one question - All efforts to make the mouse pointer work with UEFI booting fails, I have tried the 64 bit mouse driver for Clover but I have this entry in my boot.log

Turbo=Y

Mouse death.

This message appears before boot OS.

The mouse is a logitech M516 connected to a logitech USB transmitter that also feed the keyboard, the Asus Bios/OSX and Win8 all work fine with the keyboard mouse combo but Clover kills the mouse....

Is there any way to remove the pointer from the Clover menu so it is not obvious that the mouse does not work?

Thanks/Tony.

My mouse also Logitech USB. But ordinary optical mouse.

Use this pointer pointer.png

• Like 1