Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Thanks dmazar for your reply, you've already seen it...And for sure you may have a look and test it. It has 2 files for tile background (Linen_bluemac as default and Dot_bluemac).

Note: I replace DriveIcons with blank transparent files to hide all the badges. Still looking something different than regular icons for volumes. Maybe I'll update later. I also use PTMono font (I think it's created by BlackOSX) that has been reduced its lightness.

Awesome!!

@fau7i

Great looking theme. We are starting to get a lot of choices for Clover now.

Hello everyone,

I've gotten Clover setup booting UEFI on my Asus P8Z77-M Pro. OS X 10.8.2 running very well except for Intel USB 3.0 and the occasional kernel crash on wake from sleep the restarts the computer. Would someone help me figure this out if I upload my logs and conf.plist?

Here's some details about the USB 3.0, it does not seem to be backwards compatible with 1.0 or 2.0 devices unless I put the computer to sleep and then wake it back up. Also the USB ports both to 2.0 and 3.0 are dead on wake from sleep, I have to reinsert the keyboard "Apple wired keyboard" after wake to complete the wake process. One click from the keyboard or mouse will get the system fans going, and the second click or tap from the keyboard is required after I reinsert USB to fully wake the system,

As far as the occasional kernel crash and the complete system restart I have no idea what's causing this, I read online about Bluetooth being the cause but this even happens when I completely remove my Bluetooth dongle from USB.

Any help would be Greatly appreciated. I'm so close to having a 100% functioning Hackintosh.

@fau7i

Great looking theme. We are starting to get a lot of choices for Clover now.

Hello everyone,

I've gotten Clover setup booting UEFI on my Asus P8Z77-M Pro. OS X 10.8.2 running very well except for Intel USB 3.0 and the occasional kernel crash on wake from sleep the restarts the computer. Would someone help me figure this out if I upload my logs and conf.plist?

Here's some details about the USB 3.0, it does not seem to be backwards compatible with 1.0 or 2.0 devices unless I put the computer to sleep and then wake it back up. Also the USB ports both to 2.0 and 3.0 are dead on wake from sleep, I have to reinsert the keyboard "Apple wired keyboard" after wake to complete the wake process. One click from the keyboard or mouse will get the system fans going, and the second click or tap from the keyboard is required after I reinsert USB to fully wake the system,

As far as the occasional kernel crash and the complete system restart I have no idea what's causing this, I read online about Bluetooth being the cause but this even happens when I completely remove my Bluetooth dongle from USB.

Any help would be Greatly appreciated. I'm so close to having a 100% functioning Hackintosh.

If you use UEFI boot with Clover. About restart after wake on AMI Aptio UEFI motherboard, see:

http://www.insanelym...80#entry1864061

If you use UEFI boot with Clover. About restart after wake on AMI Aptio UEFI motherboard, see:

http://www.insanelym...80#entry1864061

I'm not sure what you are referring too? I have the correct efi drivers, and slide=0 added to my boot args like that post says.

Is this what your talking about?

As far as the USB issue this all worked when booting with Chameleon. I don't know if its USB issues or not, because I also cant wake the system over the network using SSH or Apple Remote Desktop. Could this be a PCI problem?

What did you want to know except Windows 8?

You're right but should be a solution to make everything work :(

In the moment you run

diskpart

select disk 1

select partition 2 (the one where Windows 8 is installed)

active

exit

everything work, even if Windows 8 is already running... but as you can expect then Clover/Chamaleon doesn't start anymore until you set it as active partition.

You're right but should be a solution to make everything work :(

In the moment you run

diskpart

select disk 1

select partition 2 (the one where Windows 8 is installed)

active

exit

everything work, even if Windows 8 is already running... but as you can expect then Clover/Chamaleon doesn't start anymore until you set it as active partition.

I wouldn't do this, I remember doing something like this in the past to create a hybrid MBR/GPT.

You should be sure that Windows 8 is installed in UEFI-mode.

Did you already tried latest USB3.0 drivers from LaCie?? > http://www.lacie.com/support/drivers/driver.htm?id=10239

I wouldn't do this, I remember doing something like this in the past to create a hybrid MBR/GPT.

You should be sure that Windows 8 is installed in UEFI-mode.

I did, and everything worked like a charm, but i cannot do this everythime i need to switch between windows 8 and Mac OSX :(

How can I set Windows 8 UEFI-mode? have you Windows 8 & Clover working? Have you tried if the behaviour is the same? (fast startup doesn't power-off)

I did, and everything worked like a charm, but i cannot do this everythime i need to switch between windows 8 and Mac OSX :(

How can I set Windows 8 UEFI-mode? have you Windows 8 & Clover working? Have you tried if the behaviour is the same? (fast startup doesn't power-off)

Did you already tried this?? > #320

You can't change a Legacy Windows installation to UEFI, Windows must be installed using UEFI Firmware...

In last case, you can follow dmazar's tip and use Chameleon to boot windows > http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2493

The tip theoretically is to be used on a USB Stick, but you can use it on your internal disk...

Did you already tried this?? > #320

You can't change a Legacy Windows installation to UEFI, Windows must be installed using UEFI Firmware...

In last case, you can follow dmazar's tip and use Chameleon to boot windows > http://www.projectos...?showtopic=2493

The tip theoretically is to be used on a USB Stick, but you can use it on your internal disk...

Thanks! I will try both :)

Anyway I cannot understand if anybody else is experiencing my same issue.

Did you already tried latest USB3.0 drivers from LaCie?? > http://www.lacie.com...er.htm?id=10239

I think he's using USB3.0 from Z77, not third part.

Btw, the driver from the official LaCie site won't work unless you patch it.

I made the patch on the newest PXHCD using Mobin's method, if you like to give it a try:

(Although I remember you told me that you didn't have USB3.0 device to test with. :P)

PXHCD.kext.zip

Here is the result from Seagate Backup Plus 3TB:

201010482432rrpo4oi833.png.thumb.jpg

201024ueehmees99gh6qeg.png.thumb.jpg

I'm not sure what you are referring too? I have the correct efi drivers, and slide=0 added to my boot args like that post says.

Is this what your talking about?

As far as the USB issue this all worked when booting with Chameleon. I don't know if its USB issues or not, because I also cant wake the system over the network using SSH or Apple Remote Desktop. Could this be a PCI problem?

Forget about what I said. I thought you have same problem like me that system restarts itself after it wakes when using UEFI boot. But it seems you don't. :)

Did you already tried latest USB3.0 drivers from LaCie?? > http://www.lacie.com...er.htm?id=10239

@kyndder

I'm talking about the Intel Z77 USB 3.0 ports, they work with great with a USB 3.0 flash drive "Corsair Survivor 3.0" that I picked up for testing. I just does not work with USB 2.0/1.0 devices from the start. The computer has to wake from sleep once before the Intel Z77 USB 3.0 ports become backwards compatible with USB 2.0/1.0 devices. Its very weird. I've tried changing my settings in the UEFI/BIOS but no combination of settings makes a difference. Any ideas? I took your suggestions from a few pages back and toggled USBinjection with Clover, and DSDT mask with no luck.

I think he's using USB3.0 from Z77, not third part.

Btw, the driver from the official LaCie site won't work unless you patch it.

I made the patch on the newest PXHCD using Mobin's method, if you like to give it a try:

(Although I remember you told me that you didn't have USB3.0 device to test with. :P)

PXHCD.kext.zip

Here is the result from Seagate Backup Plus 3TB:

<<Photo Removed>>

<<Photo Removed>>

Forget about what I said. I thought you have same problem like me that system restarts itself after it wakes when using UEFI boot. But it seems you don't. :)

@shiecldk

You were right my system does restart itself after wake when using UEFI boot. I just don't understand what I was looking for in the link your provided. It talked about mandatory/minimal drivers and boot args "slide-0" for boards made with AMI Aptio UEFI/BIOS. I have the changes made to my current clover install but still get the restart after wake about 90% of the time.

What I was asking, "did I miss something" to help fix this problem?, or am I SOL because Clover does with with Aptio until someone fixes the issue?

Have you been able to fix the restart after wake? How often does this happen to you?

I also have an issue with my USB 2.0 ports being dead after wake "when the computer does not restart". I have to reconnect my wired keyboard and mouse to get them working again.

I want to use clover because it is much faster, more responsive at the desktop, works with Find My Mac, and recovery partition. These restart on wake issues were not a problem when boot with Chameleon. USB 2.0 worked after wake with darkwake=0, but again not with Clover.

Do you think its my settings? or Could this be just issues with the current release "r857" of Clover and my motherboard, UEFI/BIOS, or stock DSDT?

I'd much rather use Clover, I definitely thinks its the way of the future Hackintosh, and like how stock mac features work that don't with Chameleon.

Thanks, Sorry for the long post.

-Mrengles

@shiecldk

You were right my system does restart itself after wake when using UEFI boot.

kyndder said he could fix this problem by using FixDsdtMask without a custom DSDT:

http://www.insanelym...2/#entry1853001

I've tried the solution, but it doesn't work for me. (Only 5% of opportunity to make it wake without restart.)

You can still give it a try.

According to post #294, I think it means that Clover still has some problems to boot with Aptio UEFI.

If FixDsdtMask doesn't work for you, I think you can only wait for the update for either Clover itself or OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

I've tried to get sleep work for about three weeks, but I still failed. So I had decided to give it up until Aptio problem be solved. :P

However, I believe when you use Clover in legacy Bios boot mode, which I'm using now, sleep and wake won't be a problem.

(Because you don't need the driver OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in Clover x64 Bios boot.)

But that means boot time will be much longer than Chameleon.

I don't know about how to fix USB... I have some issues on my USB 2.0 port too. Maybe ask Slice~~~ (who knows everything XD)

By the way, does anyone know how to solve USB devices removed after wake??

4egUN.png

@shiecldk

I also get this error. :):(

I will give that DSDT mask fix a try when I get home from work. I hope I don't have to go back to BIOS booting UEFI is so F***ing fast, it only take 7 seconds to arrive at a working desktop with auto login!

Thanks,

Mrengles

This happens when there is no notification (to USB port) that you pressed the off button "Device (PWRB)" or LID, I do not think it can be solved in Clover without dsdt..

I hope someone contradict me (I'd be happy)

Micky

• Like 1

kyndder said he could fix this problem by using FixDsdtMask without a custom DSDT:

http://www.insanelym...2/#entry1853001

I've tried the solution, but it doesn't work for me. (Only 5% of opportunity to make it wake without restart.)

To be honest I already changed (again) my settings...

Now I mixed up some fixes between my patched DSDT and Fix DSDT Mask...

My custom DSDT only have fixed Errors, Warnings, Remarks and DTPG, USB, HDEF and ALC889 patches...

Adding Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) to each USB device did the trick to be able to wakeup

the machine using keyboard/mouse (even sleep working before I was able to wake only with Power Button)...

Store (Package (0x02)
                       {
                           "device-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x35, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }
           }

For Clover Fix DSDT Mask, I'm using 0x2CFC mask, that is all patches less those that I already have

at my custom DSDT (DTPG, WARNING, DISPLAY, IDE, USB, WIFI and HDA)...

Now it's everything better than before...

I will not put my system.log here to have a lot of information that I don't want to share, but trust me when I say that everything is OK...

This doesn't mean that will work on different machines...

• Like 2

Sorry again, but for the "device removal error", it takes something like this:

Method (_L0D, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.EHC1, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.EHC2, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.LID0, 0x02)
}

need to add the last two line, to notify to the driver that needs to eject the USB device when it happens one of those things (power button, LID (only for Laptops), or what comes to mind).

On the next reboot, there will be no error, because the device has been expelled before the sleep or power down!

Micky

• Like 2

To be honest I already changed (again) my settings...

Now I mixed up some fixes between my patched DSDT and Fix DSDT Mask...

My custom DSDT only have fixed Errors, Warnings, Remarks and DTPG, USB, HDEF and ALC889 patches...

Adding Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) to each USB device did the trick to be able to wakeup

the machine using keyboard/mouse (even sleep working before I was able to wake only with Power Button)...

Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x35, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

For Clover Fix DSDT Mask, I'm using 0x2CFC mask, that is all patches less those that I already have

at my custom DSDT (DTPG, WARNING, DISPLAY, IDE, USB, WIFI and HDA)...

Now it's everything better than before...

I will not put my system.log here to have a lot of information that I don't want to share, but trust me when I say that everything is OK...

This doesn't mean that will work on different machines...

Thanks! I'll mess around with my DSDT and Fix Mask when I get home from work.

What exactly does your DSDT edit do to the USB ports? Are your keen enough with ACPI development to make a DSDT Editor patch?

I made a theme with latest configuration of Clover to proof transparent fonts worked well in Clover.

You can use this theme just modify theme part to "theme AppleStyle" in refit.conf file.

Following pictures are screenshots of this theme.

post-35058-0-68205100-1353435492_thumb.jpg

post-35058-0-41244600-1353435513_thumb.jpg

post-35058-0-34931000-1353435531_thumb.jpg

If you want a Boot Camp like theme,you can modify following settings in settings.conf file.

"font_file_name B_PTMono_10W.png"

"banner NoneLightGray.png"

"background NoneLightGray.png scale"

And it will looked like following screenshot.

post-35058-0-61624200-1353435454_thumb.jpg

Some files named with color like "Black" or "LightGray" mean that file used in banner setting will have background color without background picture.

zip.gif AppleStyle.zip 911.81K 9 downloads

See new version here,http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282787-clover-v2/page__st__500?do=findComment&comment=1868284

• Like 4