Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

This is very well known problem: "Can't wake from sleep OSX 10.8 booted by UEFI while 10.7 wakes fine. Also 10.8 wake fine if booted by legacy Clover (boot file)".

We continue researches and have some tricks:

- exclude CsmVideoDxe, do not PatchVideoBios;

- use FakeSMC v3 without GPU sensors;

- it depends on BIOS tuning;

- more successes with VideoCards having UEFI BIOS.

Hi!

And where to place a custom SSDT? In the root of the HDD? I'm struggling to get it loaded.

All the best!

Do u use a OEM folder for config and custom files ?

If it dont load from apci patched try using OEM folder

Best way to load a SSDT its to first dump dsdt and all files using F4 in clover gui,and then copy all those files form origin folder to patched and replace modded files.

U can have more than one SSDT soo check witch one u need to replace.(open it with editor to check)

• Like 1

Hi, xpamamadeus:

I had huge difficulties with Clover in this particular aspect, as you can see here: http://www.insanelym...20#entry1907639

it's not as straightforward as Chameleon as far as PM is concerned, which is really a pity, because overall, Slice (and all the Clover team)'s work has been awesome, and i like Clover much more than Chameleon. I have to go back to using the good ol'Cham for now, until i find out how to solve PM in Clover, since the performance impairment was severe without PM.

All the best!

P.S.: i was placing both my DSDT (patched!) and my SSDT (generated by Pike's script) at the root of my HDD.

No, SSDT must be placed in ACPI/patched or in OEM/ACPI/patched

I place the file there (/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/), but it is not loaded, only dsdt.aml is loaded. You can take a look at my boot.log.

Does the folder rearrangement mess it up?

I place the file there (/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/), but it is not loaded, only dsdt.aml is loaded. You can take a look at my boot.log.

Does the folder rearrangement mess it up?

U didnt attached your boot.log.

Look at it at this point

"Clover revision: 1312 running on To be filled by O.E.M.

0:125 0:000 ... with board Z77X-UD5H"

in my case this"Z77X-UD5H" must be name of your oem folder.

U need to find your self your value.

like this

EFI\CLOVER\OEM\Z77X-UD5H\

SSDT goes here

FI\CLOVER\OEM\Z77X-UD5H\ACPI\patched

After changes attach log.

U can too dump dsdt using f4 in clover gui and attach whole origin "EFI\CLOVER\OEM\Z77X-UD5H\ACPI\origin" or "EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\origin" if u dont create oem folder.

No, SSDT must be placed in ACPI/patched or in OEM/ACPI/patched

Hi!

Tried with my ssdt in ACPI/patched to no avail - DropOemSSDT=Yes, GenerateC and PStates both set to No. Also used GenerateIvyStates - but not DropOemSSDt - under ACPI in my config (in this case, without any custom ssdt). Is that correct? I'll try later with the SSDT in the OEM folder and report here.

All the best.

:)

hello Slice ,

serait-il possible de créer un dossier "kernel" dans Clover 1050 qui est un formidable bootloader pour AMD , se serait très utile après l'installation qui permertrait de rebooter sur l'installation une fois fini avec le kernel AMD qui se trouve sur la clef usb et non sur le HDD qui malheureusement lors de l'installation c'est le vanilla qui est écrit . :(

Merci

hello Slice

would it be possible to create a "kernel" in 1050 Clover is a great bootloader for AMD to be very useful after installation permertrait reboot once the installation finished with AMD kernel which is on the uSB key and not on the HDD which unfortunately during installation is the vanilla is written. :(

thank you

• Like 1

Often, when I hibernate or restart, the display and hdd turn off, but power light won't turn off and it hangs there. I have to hold power button to turn it off completely. Nothing special on system log, and it works fine with Chameleon. How can I fix this?

Hi!

Tried with my ssdt in ACPI/patched to no avail - DropOemSSDT=Yes, GenerateC and PStates both set to No. Also used GenerateIvyStates - but not DropOemSSDt - under ACPI in my config (in this case, without any custom ssdt). Is that correct? I'll try later with the SSDT in the OEM folder and report here.

All the best.

Quoting my own post: problem solved, thanks to this post from xpamamadeus on Projectosx: #7077

I just have to replace the maximum multiplier from 47, which suits a 3770K, by 38, appropriate for my 3570K. Not as good as Chameleon, though, since i have only the turbo state of 36, while in good ol'Cham i have 35, 36, 38. But i didn't notice any performance decrease cause by this lack of additional turbo states (neither me nor Geekbench, by the way). But it would be good to have all my CPU can offer. :D

The other issue persists: i cannot boot from legacy BIOS mode with clover. But it became less of an issue, since wake from sleep seems to also have been solved by the PM fix - before i was getting the well-know to Clover UEFI users restart-upon-wake bug - so Clover UEFI on a sudden became an option for me again. Anyway, i only tested wake from a short nap, let's see if the good results persists when waking from a few hours sleep. Fingers crossed.

All the best!

It's a well known and reported problem since forever, and I think Slice answered that same question too many times. Please read before you ask.

Yeah, i used to have it too. Luckily (because i'm stuck with UEFI boot for now with Clover: legacy won't work) it's solved by itself (magic?) after i updated it to r. 1287 and applied xpamamadeus' workaround for Ivy Bridge PM.

All the best!

hello Slice ,

serait-il possible de créer un dossier "kernel" dans Clover 1050 qui est un formidable bootloader pour AMD , se serait très utile après l'installation qui permertrait de rebooter sur l'installation une fois fini avec le kernel AMD qui se trouve sur la clef usb et non sur le HDD qui malheureusement lors de l'installation c'est le vanilla qui est écrit . :(

Merci

hello Slice

would it be possible to create a "kernel" in 1050 Clover is a great bootloader for AMD to be very useful after installation permertrait reboot once the installation finished with AMD kernel which is on the uSB key and not on the HDD which unfortunately during installation is the vanilla is written. :(

thank you

Merci de m'avoir répondu ;)

Thank you for answer ;)

:gathering:

• Like 1

Sorry gils83. I have nothing to say about AMD.

hello Slice :)

En fait , que ce soit du AMD ou autre ,ce n'est pas important , c'est en gros "un dossier kernel" comme le dossier kext ou autre qui serait injecter comme les kexts lors de l'installation et du reboot après insatallation .

In fact, whether AMD or another, this is not important, it's basically "a kernel file" as the file kext or else that would inject as kexts during installation and reboot after installing .

Edited by gils83

hello Slice :)

En fait , que ce soit du AMD ou autre ,ce n'est pas important , c'est en gros "un dossier kernel" comme le dossier kext ou autre qui serait injecter comme les kexts lors de l'installation et du reboot après insatallation .

In fact, whether AMD or another, this is not important, it's basically "a kernel file" as the file kext or else that would inject as kexts during installation and reboot after installing .

Maybe you mean something like this?

Clover Rev 1033 - added basic ability to use custom kernel through FSInject driver

New FSInject driver with this support: zip.gif FSInject_64.efi.zip ( 3.83K ) Number of downloads: 14

(backwards compatible with previous CloverX64.efi)

If you need custom mach_kernel:

- put this new FSInject into /efi/drivers64 or /efi/drivers64UEFI

- put your custom kernel as /efi/kexts/{censored}/mach_kernel , for example: put custom kernel for 10.6.3 into /efi/kexts/10.6/mach_kernel

- boot system with blocking caches (select that option from Clover menu or add WithKexts switch into boot-args)

This is just for test. We need to come to some user friendly solution on where to put that kernel and how to control wether is should be used or not. Some flag in GUI or in config.plist or in boot args like WithKexts? I do not know.

I have tested it by installing Snow Leo from original 10.6.3 DVD in pure UEFI mode. Since I have Sandy Bridge processor I can not boot 10.6.3 kernel - that one does not have support for Sandy and Ivy yet.

My setup:

- my standard Clover setup from USB key for testing, which works

in /efi/drivers64UEFI:

- HFSPlusX64.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi - standard drivers

- new FSInject-64.efi - to support loading of custom kernel

- PartitionDxe-64.efi into - to support Apple Snow Leo DVD

in /efi/kexts/10.6:

- mach_kernel - Ivy/Sandy SnowLeo kernel from stinga11 from here: http://www.osx86.net/view/3047-ivy_bridge_...d_10.6._...html

- FakeSMC.kext

- NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

With above setup, I've managed to install SnowLeo from original DVD:

- put DVD into the tray and rebooted into Clover GUI

- new SnowLeo option appeared - now, this is not user friendly since it does not say it is SnowLeo install from DVD

- by pressing SPACE and choosing option to boot with blocked caches I was able to boot DVD installer with custom kernel and FakeSMC and NullCpu

- click ... click ... click ... in installer ...

- when installer restarted, I have rebooted into Clover again

- new installed SnowLeo 10.6.3 appeared - I have booted it without caches again - with custom kernel and FakeSMC and NullCpu from /efi/kexts/10.6/

- after initial OSX setup I went straight to 10.6.8 combo update

- and, after update is installed, rebooted through Cover (with blocked cahches again) into 10.6.8

- since 10.6.8 supports Sandy Bridge, I was able to remove custom kernel, FakeSCM, NullCpu from USB stick now, install FakeSCM, NullCpu and network driver to /S/L/E and that gave me 10.6.8 that is ready for further tweaks for power management and audio patches

The best thing was actually - installing SnowLeo in my native 1920x1080 resolution setup by Clover - that was a nice experience. smile.gif

Edit: For me, it is now possible to use Clover to install original SnowLeo -> Lion or SnowLeo -> ML all in UEFI mode, and starting from Windows:

- using cVaD's Clover installer for Windows: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/283...leon-bootflash/

- buying 10.6.3 DVD install

- installing 10.6.3 and upgrading to 10.6.8

- since 10.6.8 gives access to AppleStore, it's possible to buy Lion or ML from there and to use Clover to install it as on a real Mac

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2562&st=5040

• Like 3