Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Replaced both BOOTX64 and CLOVERX64 and i changed my boot args to erase the nvda_drv=1 key : it booted !

So, i changed the default drivers to Nvidia Web in prefpane.

Reboot and ... no boot.

So i booted on USB ad i could see that the boot args in nvram.plist changed with the nvda_drv=1 added.

I tried to redo the trick twice but i never got i boot with the 1707 files.

Sorry, don't know how to help.

Set PatchVBios=No

Set Debug, boot and wait for 10 minutes. Then find debug.log in /EFI/CLOVER/misc and show me.

<key>GUI</key>
<dict>
 <key>DebugLog</key>
 <true/>

Thats all I do all day, is look at GUI, when I finish I would like to shutdown with button, NOT use power button.

After all the button does say "Shutdown", NOT "Exit" ;)

edit:

Maybe this needs to be in config.plist, after all it is a user choice.

Shutdown = Yes [ we Shutdown- Hooray]

Shutdown = No [ we Exit ]

u dont have Shutdown = Never :D

just a joke.i vote for this be user choice.

Sorry for the mistake. Corrected in 1711

CLOVERX64.efi-1711.zip

While trying to use the new nvidia 313 drivers I added "nvda_drv=1" to my config.plist but my system still reports that I am using 310. I updated to this version and now Clover prefpane reports version 1709, not 1711. Is this cosmetic or do I need to wait until 1711 hits sourceforge?

I was going to look into using CloverGrower, but git is blocked currently.

Hi to all theme lovers!

I modify some of themes i found here,projectosx,and voldemort castle to work with r1690+,and uploaded in one zip archive. for easy instalation.

how to download this from goodle drive ????

invZIGh.png

They all have screenshots from prefpane.

Its not perfect screenshot but i think anyone can see how theme look like.

Dont know if i make something wrong about theme name or autor name,soo sry for this.

All Credits for this goes to themes autors.

List of themes are:

oAV7cH3.png

ExNFwSR.png

g05Xo1N.png

pzzi8YN.png

jBVYlv4.png

OzYxsEq.png

Hur1XcC.png

d1j8qFQ.png

• Like 3

Just ran cloverpro and got an oddly named package "Clover_v2_r1653/1720.pkg" - a new naming scheme? r1653 was the last build I did, r1720 the current one.

Looks like it really is just installing 1653. No changes to clover prefpane etc.

Think I'll run cloverpro setup again...

Noticed an error in console app

22/05/2013 13:04:43.702 SystemUIServer[288]: Invalid kMDItemPath for CloverUpdater.app
22/05/2013 13:04:43.713 SystemUIServer[288]: problem with path CloverUpdater.app

And this at end of cloverpro run

### Rez - SysError -37 during create of "sym/Clover_v2_r1653:1720.pkg".
### Rez - Fatal error trying to open the resource file "sym/Clover_v2_r1653:1720.pkg" for writing.
Fatal Error!
### Rez - Fatal Error, can't recover.
### Rez - Since errors occurred, sym/Clover_v2_r1653:1720.pkg's resource fork was not completely updated.
### Rez - SysError -43 during set file info.

Edited by ZenGiga

Thanks for the update to Clover, I am now running 1717, but I can still not use the new NVIDIA 313 web drivers. Was there something I missed when adding the kernel flag to my config.plist

<key>boot-args</key>
<string>slide=0 nvda_drv=1 WithKexts</string>

Hi to all theme lovers!

I modify some of themes i found here,projectosx,and voldemort castle to work with r1690+,and uploaded in one zip archive. for easy instalation.

how to download this from goodle drive ????

They all have screenshots from prefpane.

Its not perfect screenshot but i think anyone can see how theme look like.

Dont know if i make something wrong about theme name or autor name,soo sry for this.

All Credits for this goes to themes autors.

Please another icons from Magnifico

vol_internal_hfs.icns.zip

i'm posting again about my problem with no information during verbose mode boot.

If I remove PatchVBios from config the verbose booting looks like this

http://youtu.be/DqLVqZWdGDo

If PatcgVBios is set to yes in config the verbose boot looks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CACb5JESPt4

There is for sure an option that i'm setting wrong, and maybe you can tell me because i cannot find it.

here is my efi folder https://mega.co.nz/#...qwrjovspk9APfiA

and here is kernel log https://mega.co.nz/#...O3Vx33Squyv3-yA

if you need anything else tell me and i will provide it just to solve this problem :)

PS: I'm using UEFI Boot without CSM

@slice or @xpamamadeus any feedback for my issue?

So, I followed the advice to 'let clover choose' the model defined in smbios, and it chose imac8,1 - having got sleep/wake and speedstep working with this I've now turned my attention to my geforce 660 ti graphics card and find that imac8,1 doesn't load AGPM kext :(

So whats the best path forward? Go back to using macpro4,1 as I was before installing clover? Or is there another way? I noticed what looked like graphics card power management code in ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext for imac8,1. Any advice welcome.

guys I have this problem , why with clover the sleep it doesn't work?

It's been a problem for a long time now, but it only happens booting UEFI, CloverEFI (like any other legacy bootloader) can sleep/wake just fine.

• Like 1

Answering my own question: turns out

clover + iMac8,1 + IOPlatformPluginFamily edit + 660 ti => speedstep but no AGPM

clover + MacPro3,1 + 660 ti + Nvidia web driver for osx => native speedstep, no AGPM *but* nvidia drivers do power management of the 660 ti

So I'm going back to MacPro3,1 which always worked well for my motherboard/cpu combo and installing the nvidia drivers.

FWIW the nvidia drivers are preferred when using 'unsupported' nvidia cards on real macpro's now too. The scores in OpenGL extension viewer tests doubled with the nvidia drivers.

Need to reread clover smbios docs, I think all I need is to specify MacPro3,1 in conf and Clover is fantastic enough to deal with the rest of the smbios, right?

Answering my own question: turns out

clover + iMac8,1 + IOPlatformPluginFamily edit + 660 ti => speedstep but no AGPM

clover + MacPro3,1 + 660 ti + Nvidia web driver for osx => native speedstep, no AGPM *but* nvidia drivers do power management of the 660 ti

So I'm going back to MacPro3,1 which always worked well for my motherboard/cpu combo and installing the nvidia drivers.

FWIW the nvidia drivers are preferred when using 'unsupported' nvidia cards on real macpro's now too. The scores in OpenGL extension viewer tests doubled with the nvidia drivers.

Need to reread clover smbios docs, I think all I need is to specify MacPro3,1 in conf and Clover is fantastic enough to deal with the rest of the smbios, right?

Read this, you need to add your graphics in the iMac8,1 AGPM profile.

Read this, you need to add your graphics in the iMac8,1 AGPM profile.

Also, there is no iMac8,1 AGPM profile. AGPM doesn't load on iMac8,1.

It doesn't load on MacPro3,1 either come to that, but the nvidia web drivers will install on MacPro3,1 and they do the job of AGPM on my 660 ti, so no problem.

Just added this to my clover config and will watch as Clover does it's magic and fills in the rest of the smbios info after reboot =D

<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
   <key>ProductName</key>
   <string>MacPro3,1</string>
</dict>

This its for fermi,not kepler cards!!

At the end of the topic they're discussing kepler PM.

Also, there is no iMac8,1 AGPM profile. AGPM doesn't load on iMac8,1.

It doesn't load on MacPro3,1 either come to that, but the nvidia web drivers will install on MacPro3,1 and they do the job of AGPM on my 660 ti, so no problem.

All good then with MacPro3,1 (as long as speedstep works correctly) Did not know there wasn't an iMac8,1 profile in AGPM, weird.