• Please log in to reply
6245 replies to this topic

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,080 posts

Thank you!

Then, I'll work on the manual first and send it to you when it's done.
I hope there will be many other language versions in the near future.

Cheer up, Clover developers!!!

P.S. Would you please give me a chance to preview the Korean version of Clover installer before general distribution?
I'd like to check whether my translation is good enough to be part of your work.

I send the changes to svn. Few hours later I can make the installer.
But what about KoreanFont.png for CloverGUI?

antoniodapc

antoniodapc

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 546 posts

When you attempt to boot Clover from the hard disk are you sure it is not using BIOS as that is considerably slower. Also I have noted when I was testing the HD4000 if the HD4000 config is not quite correct it will slow the boot process as Clover tries to sort out the Graphics. HD4000 seems quite fussy, try an EDID.

My samsung starts with clover the "boot" file

comwave7

comwave7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

I send the changes to svn. Few hours later I can make the installer.
But what about KoreanFont.png for CloverGUI?

That's great. I'll create KoreanFont.png.
Where can I get a guide for that? Theme section?

tonydickinson

tonydickinson

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 190 posts

My samsung starts with clover the "boot" file

I assume the disk is a samsung. If you are seeing hidden files like boot/boot3/boot6 where osx is loaded it is likely booting BIOS/UEFI/Clover which is much slower. Clover should be installed in the EFI directory which would normally be disk0s1, and the boot files and Clover (EFI directory) should not be in the hfs+ partition, as this directory in HFS+ will not boot in UEFI, has to be the EFI partition which needs to be formatted in fat32. Clover UEFI does not need the boot files at all, and if they exist your bios will likely use those as a first choice to bootup depending on your BIOS setup.

antoniodapc

antoniodapc

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 546 posts

I assume the disk is a samsung. If you are seeing hidden files like boot/boot3/boot6 where osx is loaded it is likely booting BIOS/UEFI/Clover which is much slower. Clover should be installed in the EFI directory which would normally be disk0s1, and the boot files and Clover (EFI directory) should not be in the hfs+ partition, as this directory in HFS+ will not boot in UEFI, has to be the EFI partition which needs to be formatted in fat32. Clover UEFI does not need the boot files at all, and if they exist your bios will likely use those as a first choice to bootup depending on your BIOS setup.

Thank you for your answer.
Can be linked to the fact that my drive is sattori 4k, formatted MBR.
And even if I make a partition Fat32 anyway i can't throw from that

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,080 posts

That's great. I'll create KoreanFont.png.
Where can I get a guide for that? Theme section?

Symbols in the file must have the same order as in Unicode table so I can calculate the position of character knowing its hex code.
See any sample of font file. There are Russian characters, for example
'Б' = 0x0411
has a place in font table 0xC1
So I can calculate

c1 = (((c >=0x410) ? (c -= 0x350) : c) & 0xff); //Russian letters

Attached File  Clover_v2_rL930-Korean_preview.zip   6.24MB   5 downloads

comwave7

comwave7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Symbols in the file must have the same order as in Unicode table so I can calculate the position of character knowing its hex code.
See any sample of font file. There are Russian characters, for example
'Б' = 0x0411
has a place in font table 0xC1
So I can calculate

c1 = (((c >=0x410) ? (c -= 0x350) : c) & 0xff); //Russian letters

Attached File  Clover_v2_rL930-Korean_preview.zip   6.24MB   5 downloads

OK, I see.
For example, unicode for the first Korean letter '가' is 0xAC00.
How can I create the KoreanFont.png?

Thank you for rL930.
But, I can't see any Korean. Why is that?
Am I missing anything?
Posted Image

magnifico

magnifico

Retired

• Donators
  • 2,523 posts
slice you are a fantastic man :|

Liquid Ice

Liquid Ice

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Hi - the config.plist is a very common issues. When you install Clover it creates a basic config.plist in the root of the EFI directory and often another in the OEM directory, which it appears is always favourite for Clover to boot from. You have two option. 1. Delete the OEM version of config.plist and keep everything in the EFI root. Or 2. create a sensible name for your motherboard within the OEM directly and use that. Having the two can be confusing both to the user and Clover.

Regarding the new late 2012 imac and machines - you will likely have to wait for 10.8.3 to see those used, and provided by Apple, but you could mod one if you know what you are doing but the AppleTyMCEDriver might be a problem for some.

Good Luck.

@

afd_sg I have deleted the OEM folder prior to this issue. I noticed I had an extra /dict tag, I fixed that as well, but still get iMac 12,1 on boot. Anyone can figure this out for me ?

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,080 posts

@

afd_sg I have deleted the OEM folder prior to this issue. I noticed I had an extra /dict tag, I fixed that as well, but still get iMac 12,1 on boot. Anyone can figure this out for me ?

Write into config.plist
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
  <key>ProductName</key>
  <string>iMac13,1</string>
</dict>

OK, I see.
For example, unicode for the first Korean letter '가' is 0xAC00.
How can I create the KoreanFont.png?

Thank you for rL930.
But, I can't see any Korean. Why is that?
Am I missing anything?

Sorry, but I can't check what is missing. For me all is here.
Can you build the package by yourself?

comwave7

comwave7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Sure, I can. Will be back with the results soon.

tonydickinson

tonydickinson

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 190 posts

@

Hi - can you post a copy of your config.plist file, as what Slice advised is the very basic?

If you have "Find Any File" search on config.plist on all your installed drives. Another clue would be given in your boot.plist file where you should see where Clover is booting from like in my case....

"Using OEM config.plist at path: EFI\config.plist" - this indicates that I am booting from EFI/Config.plist.

Another issue could be the syntax of your config.plist file which Clover might not understand and it is loading what is most suitable for your setup.

You will get there and look back and see this as fun. - you will certainly learn a lot..., or be like me and learn a bit more and realise the more you learn - the less you know!

Good luck.

comwave7

comwave7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Hi, Slice
I built rL932 package using CG V4.9.
However hard I try, it gives me only English version.
What sort of command do I need to create a Korean.version in CG?
Or, What should I do to activate the 'kr.lproj' in your sourceforge folder?
Please let me have a clue. Thanks.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,080 posts

Hi, Slice
I built rL932 package using CG V4.9.
However hard I try, it gives me only English version.
What sort of command do I need to create a Korean.version in CG?
Or, What should I do to activate the 'kr.lproj' in your sourceforge folder?
Please let me have a clue. Thanks.

Nothing.
Other languages work as is. Including chinese. The problem inside your OSX.

comwave7

comwave7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Nothing.
Other languages work as is. Including chinese. The problem inside your OSX.

Thanks. I thought it might be an issue from CloverGrower and asked STLVNUB.
He pointed out as this,

edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/package/Resources-original/kr.lproj
pretty sure this is supposed to be
edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/package/Resources-original/ko.lproj

referring to http://installbuilde...de/ar01s12.html

I guess his advice is quite reasonable. Would you please check it? Thank you!

[EDITED]

SOLVED!!! Gorgeous!

Based on STLVNUB's advice, I changed the file name from kr.lproj to ko.lproj
in src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/package/Resources-original folder in CloverGrower.

And did rebuild rL932 before changing my OS X display language from English to Korean.

When logging in and executing the package, she showed me these;

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Isn't it beautiful, is it?

Thank you so much, slice.
Thank you, STLVNUB.

Thanks to you guys, many Korean users will rush to use Clover!

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,139 posts
This may explain it further
http://www.loc.gov/s...nglish_list.php
As kr is Kanuri which is in Africa

comwave7

comwave7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

This may explain it further
http://www.loc.gov/s...nglish_list.php
As kr is Kanuri which is in Africa

Solved! Thank you so much!!!

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,139 posts
All part of the friendly service

vmacpro

vmacpro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Dear Slice, I have another real Apple Mac testcase in BIOS-mode: MacPro 2.1 octo 16GB ati 5770 2x monitor dp>dvi-i + dvi-d

Clover iso 928/9 CD only boots to a text menu if no internal/external usb/sata disks are connected to the MacPro.

Clover iso 928/9 CD can boot a external USB disk if the disk is powered on AFTER Clover had started from CD and persists inside its "Boot Maintenance Manager" sub-menu, in which you can select "boot from file". So the external usb-disk is powered on after Clover booted from CD.

Clover iso 928/9 CD can chainload/boot a clover 928/9 on a external USB MountainLion installer disk with a visual GUI with 1600x1200! :-D

Clover 923 chainloaded shows only 4 cores in the cpu-menu, booting the MountainLion installer with a patched MacPro dsdt makes it hang after the "cryptosupport.kext .... passed". (Chimera boots fine with this dsdt, but ofcourse not from external usb, on chimera shutdown/restart won't work)

Clover iso 928/9 CD can chainload/boot a Windows 7 prof 64 EFI installer from external fat32 USB disk from the clover text sub-menu "boot from file"! :-D

Explanation:
Clover ISO 928/9 64 bit will only boot till a ncurses like menu when all internal and external(usb) disks are disconnected from the MacPro! After ending up in the textmenu (not the normal highress/color GUI with a mouse), the keyboard works and you must select the lowest menu item "Boot Maintenance Manager". When you are in that sub-menu, POWERON a USB disk which contains a MountainLion installer and a Clover 923 install, wait a couple of seconds. Than select "boot from file" and go to volume of MountainLion into the folder /EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi on that external USB disk and boot it. Than the visual highress/color Clover menu shows up, showing version 923!!! Or select a external USB fat32 volume with a Windows 7prof 64 installer and boot the /efi/boot/bootx64.efi and you have a working Windows 7 installation.

Clover 923 will not chainload from 928/9 if usbmouse driver is loaded! So only FSinject.efi may exist in the 64bit efi driver folder of the usb disk.

So referring back to the earlier made real MacBookPro 5.1 testcase http://www.insanelym...00#entry1873065 which boots clover 883 with a visual highress GUI instantly from the Clover CD ISO, but usb support is totally dead so you cannot interact with it(logo keeps spinning).
On the other side on this real MacPro2.1 the usb support partly works for keyboard input and external usb disk support(powered on after clover has loaded its SUB-menu from which you can select "boot from file"), but the bootloader will not even start if any disk is connected. It will show only the black screen with a highress white cursor/dash on the topleft corner shows and seems to hang although "CTRL-ALT-DELETE" can still reboot the machine so it doesn't really hang.

I'll try a clean Fat32 Clover install to enable logging on these real macs this weekend.

ps: also a MacBookPro3.1 will be tested.

tonydickinson

tonydickinson

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 190 posts
Comwave - I am sure many will appreciate your total commitment to this effort of yours - such efforts are two way and you are a fine example of what this is all about within an international and a diverse community - a big Thank You...

Tony/Singapore

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bootloader, EFI, Clover

8 user(s) are reading this topic

4 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy