Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,809 posts in this topic

it comes from running the app. there are hidden .AI files on the root that you can delete to remove the entry in clover.

This is what I have in my Macintosh SSD Root... any idea?

post-518007-0-92176700-1436820094_thumb.png

Fellas

With Clover 3050 my GTX 690 boot normally (+ web drivers)

I installed 3241 with same entries in config.plist, OSX files stay untouched.

GTX 690 : Black Screen.

Something have changed with graphic management with newer Clover?

Fellas

With Clover 3050 my GTX 690 boot normally (+ web drivers)

I installed 3241 with same entries in config.plist, OSX files stay untouched.

GTX 690 : Black Screen.

Something have changed with graphic management with newer Clover?

Added new card names.

Added possibility to rename cards. 

But nothing about functionality. Check is your config.plist changed.

ok thanks ; i don't see the clear differents between #Arguments and Arguments but i have tried all possibilities. Also 1080p boot is broken too (or something has surely changed).

#Arguments means this line is switched OFF and will not affect bootloader.

I am booted in 1080p mode OK.

I'm running a Hackintosh using a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-D3H with an Intel Core i5 4690. As a default, Clover selected a SMBIOS for an iMac 14,2, but the hardware of an iMac 15,1 seems more similar to my configuration. I changed it manually using Clover Configurator and everything seems to be working OK, should I be worried about something?

• Like 1

I'm running a Hackintosh using a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-D3H with an Intel Core i5 4690. As a default, Clover selected a SMBIOS for an iMac 14,2, but the hardware of an iMac 15,1 seems more similar to my configuration. I changed it manually using Clover Configurator and everything seems to be working OK, should I be worried about something?

No problem.

How can I know what iMac is better for you?

• Like 2

Any thoughts why?

Here's a snippet from my system log where it failed to load kexts from EFI. Maybe it will help.

Jul 22 00:32:34 localhost kernel[0]: Not entitled to link kext 'org.netkas.FakeSMC'
Jul 22 00:32:34 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load executable for kext org.netkas.FakeSMC.
Jul 22 00:32:34 localhost kernel[0]: Kext org.netkas.FakeSMC failed to load (0xdc008004).
Jul 22 00:32:34 localhost kernel[0]: Dependency org.netkas.FakeSMC of kext org.kozlek.GeforceSensor failed to load.
Jul 22 00:32:34 localhost kernel[0]: Kext org.kozlek.GeforceSensor failed to load (0xdc008015).
Jul 22 00:32:34 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext org.kozlek.GeforceSensor (error 0xdc008015).
Jul 22 00:32:34 localhost kernel[0]: Kext org.slice.IntelCPUMonitor - library kext org.netkas.FakeSMC not found.
Jul 22 00:32:34 localhost kernel[0]: Can't load kext org.slice.IntelCPUMonitor - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Jul 22 00:32:34 localhost kernel[0]: Kext org.slice.IntelCPUMonitor failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Jul 22 00:32:34 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext org.slice.IntelCPUMonitor (error 0xdc00800e).
Jul 22 00:32:34 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "GeforceSensors"
Jul 22 00:32:34 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "IntelCPUMonitor"
Jul 22 00:32:01 localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: Rebuilding caches after update...
Jul 22 00:32:34 localhost kernel[0]: Not entitled to link kext 'com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet'
Jul 22 00:32:34 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load executable for kext com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet.
Jul 22 00:32:34 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet failed to load (0xdc008004).
Jul 22 00:32:34 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet (error 0xdc008004).
Jul 22 00:32:34 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "IntelMausi"

I can confirm that DP4 won't boot.
FakeSMC kext (Slice version) in 10.11 folder or Other folder, kext-dev-mode + rootless OK, boot with or without cache.
Same for recovery partition.

Now we know that DP4 need custom kext in S/L/E, but for new install? Someone could test with one USB driver? Bug inside DP4 or complication for us?

Log similar to Riley.

Can I help with test?

It is not one bit. There are at least 6 bits.

All I can say is it worked fine for the first 3 betas with just rootless=0. Looking through the log there are messages like this which suggest that kext-dev-mode is working:

com.apple.kextcache[511]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

This is after I copied the kexts to /S/L/E.

At the end of the day, the kexts are loading fine from /S/L/E but not from EFI. As Simonej says, this also affects the Recovery partition.

• Like 1

All I can say is it worked fine for the first 3 betas with just rootless=0. Looking through the log there are messages like this which suggest that kext-dev-mode is working:

com.apple.kextcache[511]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

This is after I copied the kexts to /S/L/E.

At the end of the day, the kexts are loading fine from /S/L/E but not from EFI. As Simonej says, this also affects the Recovery partition.

For what it's worth, my custom kexts will also load from Library/Extensions, not just S/L/E.  

• Like 1

Clover needs to adapt to allow SIP to remain enabled and still give us freedom to load/inject kexts etc. for El Capitan DP4 and onwards. Pike’s changes for RevoBoot and r2737 of Enoch branch of Chameleon are working well here. I would like to see Clover follow this route.

• Like 4