6500 replies to this topic

shiecldk

shiecldk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
@Slice
Could you add os_vista.icns and vol_internal_ntfs.icns to the theme "buttons" in the installer?
It's inconvenient to add these items myself everytime after a new installation... Thanks!! :P

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
This is my preboot.log file. My configuration is EFI, ML, Windows partition on GPT hard drive. Could you help me to get Clover boot without messing up my partitions?

Attached Files

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,197 posts

This is my preboot.log file. My configuration is EFI, ML, Windows partition on GPT hard drive. Could you help me to get Clover boot without messing up my partitions?

You are attempting to do UEFI boot
Starting rEFIt rev 806 on HPQ EFI
But this EFI is not known for us. We know Aptio, Phoenix, Tiano, InsideO2 but not HPQ.
You may try to exclude extra EFI-modules, may be this helps.
[0:000 - 0:000] LoadDrivers() start
Starting DataHubDxe-64.efi
Using load options 'DataHubDxe-64.efi  '
Starting FSInject-64.efi
Using load options 'FSInject-64.efi  '
Starting OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
Using load options 'OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi  '
Starting OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
Using load options 'OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi  '
Starting OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi
Using load options 'OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi  '
Starting PartitionDxe-64.efi
Using load options 'PartitionDxe-64.efi  '
Starting HFSPlus-64.efi
Using load options 'HFSPlus-64.efi  '
Starting NTFS-64.efi
Using load options 'NTFS-64.efi  '
Starting VBoxExt2-64.efi
Using load options 'VBoxExt2-64.efi  '
[0:079 - 0:079] LoadDrivers() end
Obligatory are OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, HFSPlus-64.efi. Others optional.

Else use BIOS boot mode through CloverEFI.

@Slice
Could you add os_vista.icns and vol_internal_ntfs.icns to the theme "buttons" in the installer?
It's inconvenient to add these items myself everytime after a new installation... Thanks!! :P

OK

Mrengles

Mrengles

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
@ Slice

Does it matter, if the config.plist uses Boolean as opposed to String for some Values?

For Example:

<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>

<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Would either of these work? What are your thoughts.

Thanks

-Mrengles

magnifico

magnifico

Retired

• Donators
  • 2,561 posts
:wink2:
Slice..please how to change themes?
I have installed black_gren..but now I would like to change the theme with your metal

dmazar

dmazar

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 274 posts

When restoring and booting the InstallESD.dmg. I have added FakeSMC.kext to EFI/kexts/10.8 and booting with extra kexts and no kernelcache, However when the USB boots and starts I get an error "waiting 10 seconds..." And never able to complete the boot process.

Am I missing anything? Should I post a screen shot, or log? Also do you install/setup clover to the Installer USB's GPT/EFI partition or use another disk completely to boot/load up Clover?

Some notes: FakeSMC is not needed for ML install. You can boot installer without it, just normal boot.

But for Lion install in that way, FakeSMC is needed. But you still do not need to choose "booting with kexts and no kernelcache" since Clover can inject EFI/kexts/ into kernelcache directly (thanks to FrodoKenny).

About "waiting 10 seconds..." - are you doing UEFI boot? Is this message from AptioFix driver? Did you resolved that issue?

About guides - as far as I am concerned, any guide is welcome. Spread the experience. I do not have time and will to do detailed guides - I'm hoping others will do it.

magnifico

magnifico

Retired

• Donators
  • 2,561 posts
@ dmazar you are a great guru...thz for help
Now i am very happy ...clover is super fast with uefi mode :wink2:
I wait your news
Carmine

dmazar

dmazar

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 274 posts

As Slice said, nobody reported success with HP laptop so far. It seems that Clover does not see OSX partition even if you have HFSPlus.efi driver, right? If yes, please try with VBoxHfs.efi from here (remove HFSPlus.efi).

I'll repost some info regarding UEFI boot from there:

When trying UEFI boot, try with following combination of drivers in /EFI/Drivers64UEFI folder:

1. HFSPlus.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

if this does not work, then

2. HFSPlus.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi
and then if this does not work then

3. HFSPlus.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (with slide=0 in boot args in config.plist)
and if even this does not work, then try:

4. HFSPlus.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (with slide=0 in boot args in config.plist), EmuVariableRuntimeDxe.efi (from here)

More about it:

1. HFSPlus.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
This works on boards with Gigabyte Hybrid EFI. This is the best option for UEFI boot, in the sense that no special fixes are required. Any OSX should boot fine, unless some big change happens that will stop working boot here.

2. HFSPlus.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi
This works on Insyde H2O UEFI. Some small memory issue will be fixed by LowMemFix, and then everything should be equal to case 1.

3. HFSPlus.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (with slide=0 for ML)
This works for all other boards ... well, where works. This is not so good solution because it depends on current functioning of boot.efi and current structures that are passed between boot.efi (boot loader) and kernel, like boot args and device tree. Meaning: if structure of boot args changes, like it changed when Lion came out, which caused Chameleon to fail to boot Lion, this will again break Chameleon and UEFI boot with AptioFix - until somebody fixes it. This is the most annoying thing to me because the major point for having UEFI boot is to use boot.efi as bootloader and to avoid such things. Well, if this happens, the first solution will be to fall back to standard Clover until the thing is resolved. The small issue is that standard Clover is also dependent on kernel boot args when kernel and kext patching or kext injection is used - this would also need to be turned off in that case.

4. HFSPlus.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, EmuVariableRuntimeDxe.efi
This works on Dell Vostro, some ThinkPad's - some laptops with Phoenix UEFI. All mentioned in 3. is applicable here.

All other drivers may or may not be needed. Drivers listed above are required minimum. The best way to test if the driver is needed or not is to try without it - if the thing still works, then it is not needed. Well, more or less ... since for example normal boot works without FSInject, but that one can be needed sometimes.

magnifico

magnifico

Retired

• Donators
  • 2,561 posts
:hammer:
@Slice ..please I solved the problem with your theme, but I have a 1920 x 1200 monitor and I noticed that the resolution of your topic isn't suitable for 1920 x 1200, how should I fix?

and the mouse pointer does not move in the GUI, why?

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,197 posts

:hammer:
@Slice ..please I solved the problem with your theme, but I have a 1920 x 1200 monitor and I noticed that the resolution of your topic isn't suitable for 1920 x 1200, how should I fix?

and the mouse pointer does not move in the GUI, why?

Hi magnifico,
you should rescale background image to for your screen (by Preview.app) , but sorry, you can't change your screen resolution. It is EFI driver limitation.
Mouse pointer may not move if you forget to place MouseDxe in /EFI/drivers64/

magnifico

magnifico

Retired

• Donators
  • 2,561 posts

Hi magnifico,
you should rescale background image to for your screen (by Preview.app) , but sorry, you can't change your screen resolution. It is EFI driver limitation.
Mouse pointer may not move if you forget to place MouseDxe in /EFI/drivers64/

Where is Mouse DXE ? First topic?

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,197 posts

Where is Mouse DXE ? First topic?

It is in installer, but OK, take it here
Attached File  Mouse.zip   9.88KB   16 downloads

magnifico

magnifico

Retired

• Donators
  • 2,561 posts

It is in installer, but OK, take it here
Attached File  Mouse.zip   9.88KB   16 downloads

thz Slice..it a good also UEFI mode ? Put also in driver 64UEFI ?
Sorry again..but with Black-green by blackosx ..i see my resolution good ..whyle with you dont see good..why?

bobstrike

bobstrike

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Help !
Installed Clover UEFI on laptop Asus n56vm.
The menu works ok . I can see and boot win 7 partition but can't see the Mlion partition (appears as a legacy partition and doesn't boot)
What I need to do ?
thanks in advance

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,197 posts

Help !
Installed Clover UEFI on laptop Asus n56vm.
The menu works ok . I can see and boot win 7 partition but can't see the Mlion partition (appears as a legacy partition and doesn't boot)
What I need to do ?
thanks in advance

Post #3
Attached File  Screen shot 2012-11-01 at 15.34.51.png   18.6KB   57 downloads

bobstrike

bobstrike

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Thank you Slice.

I have the icon but when i select it gives me an error

Attached Files

dmazar

dmazar

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 274 posts
Add slide=0 to boot args in config.plist. And please press F2 in clover gui to generate /efi/misc/preboot.log for check.

efy

efy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi.

I have a Lenovo z570. I installed Clover to UEFI and I can successfully boot OS X ML. I installed a all of the drivers for UEFI64 as well as an extra driver for the Phoenix bios listed before in the forum. When I select Windows, Clover displays a a screen with a big Windows icon, but Windows never starts. I have tested the Windows partition and can verify that it does boot.

I have another question. When I try to boot off a USB with Chameleon installed I get this strange screen which is an zoomed Clover GUI and a flickering screen with artifacts. Is there a way to use Chameleon when UEFI is configured on the hard drive?

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,752 posts
nVidia card list update.

Attached File  nvidia.c.zip   25.42KB   24 downloads

Fabio

magnifico

magnifico

Retired

• Donators
  • 2,561 posts
:king:

OK ... now Magnifico is very happy ..i use clover in UEFI Mode ..and boot is fast now
@Dmazar

you are a great, you've got a lot of patience with me. .. thank you very much for what you did.
But i have again answer
If set in bios Clover osx ( first boot) and disabled all Hd in boot priority ..work perfect...but that is a normal?
Win8 dont work ....but I don't care ... I can be without this odious OS... :wink2:
look screen

http://www.mediafire...7i36pprjvu2h8h4

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bootloader, EFI, Clover

7 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy