Show your computer running OS X

355 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok Since we are showing off our systems, here is my Pc & Mac brother and sister machines. The Mac is dual-boot, but is running Osx (obviously) at the moment. The Mac has an Asus P5LD2-VM 945G mb with a p4 630. There are 3 internal hard drive with one removable. The mac is in an acrylic case and the PC is in the cube server. And everything is built into the custom desk I built. Took a while to build it all, but I have a very nice working studio :Dmacpc2.jpgmacpc1.jpg

Mine looks a lot like the official Apple Intel Development Platform...

Photo.jpg

Specs:

Apple Power Mac G5 Enclosure

Asrock 775 Dual-915GL

3.0GHz Pentium 4 630 (OC'd to 3.3GHz)

80GB 7200RPM Western Digital ATA/100

1GB Geil DDR-400 (2-3-3)

Mad Dog 16xDVD+/-RW 8xDL

The hard drive sucks but it's still a lot faster than the one in my Mac Mini. The CPU is pretty decent. It's just a slower version of the CPU used in the real dev hardware. Unfortunately I can't push it past 3.3GHz due to the crappy mobo. But you gotta have the crappy mobo to get accelerated video, so whudda ya gonna do? The monitor sucks as well but I'm planning on replacing it in the near future. The optical drive kicks ass, especially considering how little I paid for it, and the memory is pretty decent as well. All in all, it's a sweet ride. But it wouldn't be half as sweet without the case.

EDIT: The drive can burn from Finder w/o PatchBurn, even though it's listed as unsupported in System Profiler. Just thought I'd mention.

Edited by Templeton Peck

• 2 weeks later...

You'll have to pardon the mess and the beer bottle (I swear to you, the rest of the room isn't like that. It's worse). BTW, I have upgrade to a nice new Apple Pro Keyboard. Great Christmas present from my brother who has been helping me all along.

My OS X machines:

post-10151-1135925818_thumb.jpg

I thought I would finally whip out the digital camera and take some pictures.

The first image is of my total setup. OSx86 computer is on the left, with my Windows machine on the right. Both computers are custom built and hooked up to a KVM.

Second image is a close-up of my OSx86 box. The Apple logo is one of my Apple logo stickers that came with my iPod. I outlined the sticker so the white sticker would show up on the beige box. Finally that little block box in the back is a USB hub. I don't have front USB ports, so the hub makes it easy to access the USB ports on the Mac.

P1040013.JPGP1040014.JPG