Clover v2k r2444 & Chameleon r2286
© cVad 2014
Make Clover&Chameleon bootable USB Flash Disk
under OS Windows XP and up.
- Make Clover&Chameleon bootable USB Flash Disk for MAC OS X fast and easy under OS Windows. -
Special utility from cvad & russian MAC community for new hackintosh users.
BootDisk Utility is intended to make a external bootable USB Flash Disk by installing to it special Data set (MBR, PBR sectors and Data files) of EFI-based Clover bootloader & Chameleon bootloaders.
In the root directory of the boot disk are numbered boot files. At boot time, for 3 seconds when the flashing line at the top left of the screen, press the corresponding key:
- boot (Clover 64bit-default) - no key
- boot2 (Chameleon) - 2
- boot3 (Clover 32bit - in the last Clover revisions - not included) - 3
- boot6 (Clover 64bit - the same default) - 6
- boot7 (that includes BiosBlockIO driver for RAID controllers, JMicron, NForce and other non-Intel SATA/ATA/SCSI etc.) - 7
Manuals and Installation:
- Format the flash drive into two partitions - 1st Clover, 2nd to deploy a disk image (or final distribution MACOSX installed system).
- Distro, of course, must meet all the requirements for installation on PC (see related topics on installation).
- The image can be saved by itself BDU, to share with friends.
- Download the distribution (*. Dmg), unpack from menu Tools and restore the file with hfs extension to the 2nd flash partition.
- Partition size should be no smaller then original hfs file.
- Prepare your Clover config, as described in the relevant forum threads.
- BDU limitations: For security reasons, completely off the write to all partitions of the Windows system drive. With the other drives you can try to play.
- In test mode, you can work with non-USB (only MBR) disks.
- The info provided is not more than 4 primary partition (Extended partitions are not shown in detail - it makes no sense).
- Attention: If you select Format - All information (all partitions) on the flash drive will be destroyed. Therefore, please save your important partitions to a file.
How to manually:
BdU was created for new hackintosh users to simplify the installation of a EFI bootloader Clover to the flash drive.
More information can be found in the appropriate forum topic - Clover General discussion.
Due to possible limitations in the forum on the attachments,
the Latest update is always