jsl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

jsl, what smbios are you using?

I'm using MacBook Pro 9.2 smbios.
And what is yours ?
Any suggestion for how to update to 10.8.2 properly because I got some error during installation and only boot in safe mode working after that ?

nhart12

nhart12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

I'm using MacBook Pro 9.2 smbios.
And what is yours ?
Any suggestion for how to update to 10.8.2 properly because I got some error during installation and only boot in safe mode working after that ?

Im using the MBAir 5,2 Im asking because Im trying to figure out why I cannot get the laptop to boot using the 0160003 platform id for he hd4000. What bootloader are you using?

Also in regards to to the update to 10.8.2 I also had problems and had to reinstall, then i updated before doing anything else, then reinstalled all the kexts.. after that, no problems.

Were you able to get power management and all the processor states working correctly?

nhart12

nhart12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
OK so I finally got it to output to both the hdmi and vga out. but there are several problems I am experiencing. First i have to reboot for it to recognize, and second, it wont recognize both external monitors at the same time.
For instance if I boot with the hdmi plugged in it will extend my laptop display on the external.
If i boot with minivga plugged in it same thing..
But if i boot with both plugged in, all three displays are detected but one of the three always is just a black screen..

I was really hoping to get dual external monitors working but will have to live without it for now

So now almost everything is working in this laptop.. Almost there!

jsl

jsl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
After booting well at internal screen, then connect mini-HDMI-->HDMI external monitor.I can got both display either independent or mirrored by my setting.However, up to now I can get only one audio output (internal speaker) and one audio input (internal mic).Without HDMI audio or headphone output.Can you show me hot to get HDMI audio working in this AppleHDA.kext and DSDT.aml provided by your post ?Because I have applied your DSDT.aml and AppleHDA.kext in vain.
Googling other websites such as Tonymacx found only ALC-8xx are supposed to be working via HDMI audio via HD4000/3000. It seems no chance for ALC-269 in this UX31A Zenbook.
By the way have you patched your AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext or DSDT.aml to delete NullIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and get better power control now ?I can boot without NullIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext after patching AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, but not sure whether I have got better power control now.

duklaa

duklaa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
I am trying to install retail ML 10.8 on Asus Ultrabook UX31A.

Specs are: UX31A-R7202F/COREI7-3517U/4GB/256SSD

After using flags:
-v -f -x npci=0x2000 cpu=1, I proceed till it hangs on

com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded.

It seems a similar issue was reported for another Asus model (see here: http://www.insanelym...ix/page__st__20)

I tried everything mentioned in that thread but that did not solve the problem.

Looks like people in this thread have installed ML successfully on Asus UX31A. So any thoughts/suggestions on how I can proceed?

Thanks in advance!

nhart12

nhart12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

After booting well at internal screen, then connect mini-HDMI-->HDMI external monitor.I can got both display either independent or mirrored by my setting.However, up to now I can get only one audio output (internal speaker) and one audio input (internal mic).Without HDMI audio or headphone output.Can you show me hot to get HDMI audio working in this AppleHDA.kext and DSDT.aml provided by your post ?Because I have applied your DSDT.aml and AppleHDA.kext in vain.
Googling other websites such as Tonymacx found only ALC-8xx are supposed to be working via HDMI audio via HD4000/3000. It seems no chance for ALC-269 in t wohis UX31A Zenbook.
By the way have you patched your AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext or DSDT.aml to delete NullIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and get better power control now ?I can boot without NullIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext after patching AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, but not sure whether I have got better power control now.

I still do not have HDMI audio working,
you can try maybe following this guide (i have yet to try it so let me know how it goes if you do) : (URL Removed)

also for power management and cpu states, use CPUMonitor and it tells you the current frequency your cpu is running at.. So far I can only get 2 CPU states

Edited by Lejenk, 29 March 2013 - 03:27 PM.
Removed URL

duklaa

duklaa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
So by using the DSDT etc. from the zip file attached to the first post, I was able to get ML to install on the UX31A. I also got the proper resolution (1920 x 1080) and trackpad is working.

BUT there are several issues left to fix. It seems people on this thread have been grappling with these as well, so hoping that I can get most, if not all, of these resolved with help from y'all :-)

1. Can't boot without USB: The BIOS is UEFI and it seems I have to specify a "boot option" which requires a "boot option path" .. I have no idea what path to set here. I tried a few things (like \ or \boot or fs0:\boot) but none of those work. So currently I have to boot to the install USB and then select the HDD from the boot menu to boot.

2. Audio: It says audio is working...I get the volume slider. But I don't hear any sounds. BUT microphone works. Weird.

3. Wifi: Wifi is not working. I read something about swapping to Atheros. How does one do that? Just use an external wifi?

4. Wake from sleep: Can't wake from sleep. Does this require the patched CPUPowerManagement? (I didn't install that...I am using NullCPUPower). Should I just delete NullCPUPower and install the patched PowerManagement kext from the zip?

5. Function keys: Some people in the thread mention that function keys are working for them. I couldn't use them (e.g., to adjust volume/brightness) etc. Some function key brings up Dashboard though.

6. Battery meter: I installed the patched kext for smart battery but I still can't get the battery meter to work. And because of that I also can't check the box to make it show up in the menu bar.

That's all I have noticed for now. Thanks for the help!

nhart12

nhart12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

So by using the DSDT etc. from the zip file attached to the first post, I was able to get ML to install on the UX31A. I also got the proper resolution (1920 x 1080) and trackpad is working.

BUT there are several issues left to fix. It seems people on this thread have been grappling with these as well, so hoping that I can get most, if not all, of these resolved with help from y'all :-)

1. Can't boot without USB: The BIOS is UEFI and it seems I have to specify a "boot option" which requires a "boot option path" .. I have no idea what path to set here. I tried a few things (like \ or \boot or fs0:\boot) but none of those work. So currently I have to boot to the install USB and then select the HDD from the boot menu to boot.

2. Audio: It says audio is working...I get the volume slider. But I don't hear any sounds. BUT microphone works. Weird.

3. Wifi: Wifi is not working. I read something about swapping to Atheros. How does one do that? Just use an external wifi?

4. Wake from sleep: Can't wake from sleep. Does this require the patched CPUPowerManagement? (I didn't install that...I am using NullCPUPower). Should I just delete NullCPUPower and install the patched PowerManagement kext from the zip?

5. Function keys: Some people in the thread mention that function keys are working for them. I couldn't use them (e.g., to adjust volume/brightness) etc. Some function key brings up Dashboard though.

6. Battery meter: I installed the patched kext for smart battery but I still can't get the battery meter to work. And because of that I also can't check the box to make it show up in the menu bar.

That's all I have noticed for now. Thanks for the help!

As far as your boot problem it seems that chameleon didn't install properly.. Try reinstalling chameleon and make sure when going through the installation that it installs to your harddrive not somewhere else..

I think the problem with your audio is that since your booting from the USB it is not loading the custom dsdt, mine has the necessary patch to get it working if you are using that.. So after you install chameleon, either use chameleon wizard (search for it) to customize your org.chameleon.boot.plist to load the custom dsdt. Or you can just use my org.chameleon.boot.plist..
Also my DSDT includes a patch already for the HD4000 so if you enabled it another way you wont need that anymore.

The intel centrino card will probably never work with OSX, so you have a few options there.. If your not comfortable with opening your laptop then just get an external. If you want to swap the internal centrino wifi with something compatible then I recommend this card (wifi only) which works without configuration:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item232201d54e

If you really want bluetooth still then this card, but will require extra kexts:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3cc203cb66

The problem though with both of these cards is that the Antenna connectors that came factory with this laptop are not a standard size... so you may have to play with the connectors and some solder if your looking for a permanent solution.

For sleep, yes you need the patched AppleINtelcpupowermanagement kext, but I was only able to get two processor states working so far.
I think also for the battery meter you need to install the AppleACPiplatform.kext in my folder there. but not completely sure about that try it though.,

I still have not figured out the function keys

nhart12

nhart12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Googling other websites such as Tonymacx found only ALC-8xx are supposed to be working via HDMI audio via HD4000/3000. It seems no chance for ALC-269 in this UX31A Zenbook.

I have now got HDMI audio working check OP

duklaa

duklaa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

As far as your boot problem it seems that chameleon didn't install properly.. Try reinstalling chameleon and make sure when going through the installation that it installs to your harddrive not somewhere else..

I think the problem with your audio is that since your booting from the USB it is not loading the custom dsdt, mine has the necessary patch to get it working if you are using that.. So after you install chameleon, either use chameleon wizard (search for it) to customize your org.chameleon.boot.plist to load the custom dsdt. Or you can just use my org.chameleon.boot.plist..
Also my DSDT includes a patch already for the HD4000 so if you enabled it another way you wont need that anymore.

The intel centrino card will probably never work with OSX, so you have a few options there.. If your not comfortable with opening your laptop then just get an external. If you want to swap the internal centrino wifi with something compatible then I recommend this card (wifi only) which works without configuration:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item232201d54e

If you really want bluetooth still then this card, but will require extra kexts:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3cc203cb66

The problem though with both of these cards is that the Antenna connectors that came factory with this laptop are not a standard size... so you may have to play with the connectors and some solder if your looking for a permanent solution.

For sleep, yes you need the patched AppleINtelcpupowermanagement kext, but I was only able to get two processor states working so far.
I think also for the battery meter you need to install the AppleACPiplatform.kext in my folder there. but not completely sure about that try it though.,

I still have not figured out the function keys

Thanks!!

Ok so I got sound and wake from sleep to work. So that solves two problems. It seems wifi and function keys don't work. So that covers two more of the issues.

Thanks for the tips regarding the wifi cards. Is the wifi really a replaceable card? I thought it would be integrated with the board. If it's just a matter of opening the case and replacing the card, then it should be fairly simple.

Battery meter still won't work even after installing the kexts from the zip file in the OP :-( No idea why.

But the BIGGEST problem left right now is that I can't boot from HDD without the USB. I verified the Chameleon is installed correctly. Iin fact I wiped the whole HDD and did a full reinstall of ML along with Chameleon. Chameleon log says that it installed fine and did not detect any issues (Chameleon 2.1 r2069). So I am at a loss about how to get the HDD to boot :-( Any suggestions? My BIOS version is 206 (and I can't update the BIOS to 212 either coz the BIOS update program does not see the USB drive).

How did you get your HDD to boot? Any info on the config?

Thanks for all the help!

duklaa

duklaa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Ok so I updated the bios to 212. Still the exact same issue about booting HDD. I can boot as long as I use the bootable USB but not without it. Both the HDD and the USB have the exact same version of Chameleon installed (2.1 2069).

For people who are able to boot directly to HDD, it will be helpful if you can tell me what settings you have in the BIOS for the "boot option". Also did you install Chameleon to the EFI partition or to the OS X partition? (Mine is installed to the OS X partition).

Thanks!

The battery meter works now. So booting directly to HDD is the only main issue left to solve!

duklaa

duklaa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Oh..one difference between the USB and the internal HDD is that the USB is MBR formatted and the HDD is GPT. Maybe that explains it? Do I need to format the HDD with MBR?

nhart12

nhart12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Ya that sounds right.. mine is MBR since I have Ubuntu and windows.. you will just have to patch the installer to work on the Mbr

jsl

jsl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

I still do not have HDMI audio working,
you can try maybe following this guide (i have yet to try it so let me know how it goes if you do) (URL Removed)

also for power management and cpu states, use CPUMonitor and it tells you the current frequency your cpu is running at.. So far I can only get 2 CPU states

Thanks for your excellent post and guideline, without your help I can not make my HDMI audio working so soon !
Only two issues remain:
1. mini-VGA display
Using all of your kexts in /S/L/E plus DSDT.aml & etc. in /Extra I can activate both internal LCD and HDMI ports working independently, however, mini-VGA port only works when it's connected on booting. It can not be activated after booting.
No matter whether I have patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext or not I always got the same phenomenon.
Do you have any comment about this ?
2. USB 3.0
My BIOS need set XHCI as Auto (if set as Enabled, I can not boot with USB flash.)
After booting System Information's USB showing USB Super-Speed Bus, but no matter what USB 3.0 devices connected it only shows connected with USB High-Speed Bus instead of Super-Speed Bus. So, do you have tested with USB 3.0 device which can connect with Super-Speed Bus ?

Edited by Lejenk, 29 March 2013 - 07:23 PM.
Removed URL

nhart12

nhart12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Thanks for your excellent post and guideline, without your help I can not make my HDMI audio working so soon !
Only two issues remain:
1. mini-VGA display
Using all of your kexts in /S/L/E plus DSDT.aml & etc. in /Extra I can activate both internal LCD and HDMI ports working independently, however, mini-VGA port only works when it's connected on booting. It can not be activated after booting.
No matter whether I have patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext or not I always got the same phenomenon.
Do you have any comment about this ?
2. USB 3.0
My BIOS need set XHCI as Auto (if set as Enabled, I can not boot with USB flash.)
After booting System Information's USB showing USB Super-Speed Bus, but no matter what USB 3.0 devices connected it only shows connected with USB High-Speed Bus instead of Super-Speed Bus. So, do you have tested with USB 3.0 device which can connect with Super-Speed Bus ?

Since apple doesn't natively support VGA i dont know if its possible to have it detect it without a reboot..
I dont have a usb 3 device to test 3.0 with but i will look into it. Thanks

duklaa

duklaa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Ya that sounds right.. mine is MBR since I have Ubuntu and windows.. you will just have to patch the installer to work on the Mbr

Thanks! Patch which installer? You mean patch it to work on GPT, right? How do I patch?

nhart12

nhart12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Thanks! Patch which installer? You mean patch it to work on GPT, right? How do I patch?

Depending on what method you used to make your USB drive it is probably already patched. Try to install on an MBR formatted hard drive, if it lets you then it was already patched..

bretle

bretle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Still no fn keys.. except for fn f7 and fn f8 but fn f8 when you bring it back the screen is all messed upp. but i attached a new boot.txt

hi,
i'am a little bit confused... can anybody tell me how to log the boot sequence to get a file like boot.txt?
regards

nhart12

nhart12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

hi,
i'am a little bit confused... can anybody tell me how to log the boot sequence to get a file like boot.txt?
regards

sudo dmesg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy