• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
Updated, then patched the AppleHDA.kext for my sound, and replaced ATI kexts with Exotic Patched ATI kexts.

Speedstep seems working (Mhz/multiplier changing like it should, temps are normal, performance normal, fan RPMs are normal) without acpi rollback.

Himlaklar

Himlaklar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hi, I have "IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed device (4-Port USB 3.0 Hub) at 0x14c00000, asked for 400mA but got 0 mA" error message from console. The USB port not charging iPad.

Have to roll back to 10.8.1 IOUSBFamily.kext to fix the problem .. do u have to do that ?

BTW, nice to see you here.

hey i got mine running fine ...

Yeah, i got an SC2 update today, now it works. seem to be related to 10.8.2 :-)

alex95sv

alex95sv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hi, after update I got this issue:
Posted Image

What can I do? Tried changing AppleACPIPlatform but it didn't work.

Thanks in advance!

xela

xela

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 26 posts

Posted Image

Thanks in advance!

did u try boot with boot flag -x -v -f ?

LilKevin715

LilKevin715

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Installed via SW update on my Shuttle SG33G5 (vanilla install) and it went fine for the most part. Had to reinstall kexts for audio (ALC888) via kext wizard.

alex95sv

alex95sv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

did u try boot with boot flag -x -v -f ?

I can boot in safe boot without problems only with -x, but I can't boot normally. :(

xela

xela

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 26 posts

I can boot in safe boot without problems only with -x, but I can't boot normally. :(

Did you try rolling back AppleACPIPlatform.kext.? Tell me about your system, like cpu, board etc ... see if i can help
BTW boot flag -x -v -f also rebuild extensions cache

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Updated, then patched the AppleHDA.kext for my sound, and replaced ATI kexts with Exotic Patched ATI kexts.

Speedstep seems working (Mhz/multiplier changing like it should, temps are normal, performance normal, fan RPMs are normal) without acpi rollback.

What is

Exotic Patched ATI kexts?

Posted Image

Thanks in advance!

VooDoo kexts. On my desktop, it's sound. Perhaps on your laptop, it'll be the others, for sure, because of decendencies.

CooSee

CooSee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 583 posts
sorry for this noobish question :wallbash: , but is the FB integration an Option or is it burned in the new Update ?

greetings

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
You're asking if you can disable it? No, you can't. But don't worry, OSX won't post or share anything in Facebook without your knowledge or express will. Your privacy is absolutely safe. AFAIK, of course.

alex95sv

alex95sv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Did you try rolling back AppleACPIPlatform.kext.? Tell me about your system, like cpu, board etc ... see if i can help
BTW boot flag -x -v -f also rebuild extensions cache

Yes, I rolledback the AppleACPIPlatform, but it hangs on the exact same spot, so I think that's not the issue. I booted with -x -v -f, then tried normal boot, but it didnt work(it worked with the flags, but I can also boot only with -x :) ).
My CPU is Intel Core2Duo 2.19GhZ; GPU - nVidia GeForce G105M w/ CUDA; 4GB RAM

VooDoo kexts. On my desktop, it's sound. Perhaps on your laptop, it'll be the others, for sure, because of decendencies.

I have only trackpad kext from VooDoo, nothing else. Could that be the issue?

me@home

me@home

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Same here, all Ok updated from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2 only AppleHDA needed "a lttle help".

Update for iphoto + aperture and all OK.

So far I do like ML ! :thumbsup_anim:

lulighttec

lulighttec

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Lasers, Hackintoshes, Macs, Windows
Got a Dell XPS M1530 Laptop here, nVidia graphics, everything works fine in 10.8, but every time I try to update to 10.8.2 (Combo Update) I can't boot. It either has KP in normal mode, or in safe boot it hangs at PCI Configuration Begin. I don't even get the opportunity to roll back the ACPI kext. Any ideas?
Here's some pics... First is normal, second is safe boot. I removed OemSMBIOS.kext too. No difference.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks,
LULightTec

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,755 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

@LULightTec

have u try

-v UseKernelCache=No

good hack

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Hi, Lulighttec!

Add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and unixservice ACPI rollback to your S/L/E and boot with the flag npci=0x2000 (preferentially add the flag to your org.chameleon.boot.plist). You shouldn't have removed the oemSMBIOS driver: that's a bad advice from Tony's.

Please report back if you can, for us to know if it worked.

P.S.: Just for you to know sometimes the PCI Begin thing is not a real freeze, but just a loss of console output: if you take time, perhaps your system successfully boots in the end.

CooSee

CooSee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 583 posts

You're asking if you can disable it? No, you can't. But don't worry, OSX won't post or share anything in Facebook without your knowledge or express will. Your privacy is absolutely safe. AFAIK, of course.

thx

lulighttec

lulighttec

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 91 posts

Hi, Lulighttec!

Add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and unixservice ACPI rollback to your S/L/E and boot with the flag npci=0x2000 (preferentially add the flag to your org.chameleon.boot.plist). You shouldn't have removed the oemSMBIOS driver: that's a bad advice from Tony's.

Please report back if you can, for us to know if it worked.

P.S.: Just for you to know sometimes the PCI Begin thing is not a real freeze, but just a loss of console output: if you take time, perhaps your system successfully boots in the end.

Hi, going to try it in just a second, but before I go adding in NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, I just want to make sure it's absolutely necessary, because I followed directions building my DSDT that told me specifically *not* to use that kext. (Refer to this post: http://www.insanelym...-and-xps-m1730/). Also, thanks for reminding me about the PCI Configuration Begin thing, but I figure after an hour of waiting, it isn't going to boot. :-)

Thanks,

LULightTec

tsddave

tsddave

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
All went fine for me directly from apple.

CooSee

CooSee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 583 posts

All went fine for me directly from apple.

not changing kexts at all ?

lulighttec

lulighttec

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 91 posts

Hi, going to try it in just a second, but before I go adding in NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, I just want to make sure it's absolutely necessary, because I followed directions building my DSDT that told me specifically *not* to use that kext. (Refer to this post: http://www.insanelym...-and-xps-m1730/). Also, thanks for reminding me about the PCI Configuration Begin thing, but I figure after an hour of waiting, it isn't going to boot. :-)

Thanks,

LULightTec

Ok, so, I tried running the update package, then installing the rollback ACPI kext *before* rebooting. That did make a difference, in that now, instead of a kernel panic, it just hangs on the PCI Configuration thing, regardless of safe boot, normal boot, npci=[insert value here], doesn't matter... just hangs at that point. The only thing I didn't add was NullCPUPowerManagement, because I didn't get an answer to my last inquiry about it. Since I have written my DSDT and configured my boot plist to use P-states and C-states, and since the DSDT tutorial advised me not to use it, I didn't want to put it in. Let me know if you want new screen shots.

Thanks,

LULightTec

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy