Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

@ Deltac0

@Spakk

Okay question is how do I use it if the machine that has the FX core only has windows 7 and 8 and My laptop is win 7 with VB of SL. I use a USB boot of iAtkos, with Sinetek mach_kernel on the root of the usb, also tried with AnV amd_kernel and just renamed it to mach_kernel because I have no idea where the boot.plist is on the iAtkos disk. I tried installing chameloen on it but i dont think it worked. haha. I am a mess. and The Sintex kernel I used is the one http://www.insanelym...80#entry1876715 and AnV kernel here: http://www.insanelym...80#entry1878822

And Just in case the moderators think other wise i am trying to Get ML to work! Thanks )

Anv kernel works well, but there are problems with graphics. CS:GO no textures. Flash in Chrome displayed is distortion. Anv, are you working on removing this bug?

I haven't made any progress yet.

I have been working on a different project the last week (PPF-O-Suite V5.0.0)

EDIT: to give you a "heads up"

I have just entered the working beta phase of PPF-O-Maker and PPF-O-Matic v5.0.0

They support the following new functions:

- Generating SHA1 hashes

- Generating SHA256 hashes

- PPF V5.0 file format enhanced with the following:

+ Embedded picture support (optimal size = 128x128 but bigger is possible, PNG/GIF)

+ Embedded music support (MP3/M4A)

+ Compression support (high compression zlib inflate/deflate)

+ Password support (encryption, AES128 CBC with password correct check)

Needless to say it was a lot of work...

Still optimizing the code, release soon...

EDIT2: yeah! Stable release version made... now delivery to app store. Will post 10 redeem codes and test binaries soon ;)

EDIT3: the app has been delivered to the app store. As soon as Apple has approved it I'll post the 10 codes

• Like 2

Could I get a few more confirmations that deleting /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext does not improve things whatsoever?

How about modding the Info.plist of that kext to match your gpu? I did it on a laptop once and it worked...

Tried with both AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext removed and with a modded Info.plist and neither worked. Black screen with white rectangle in top left corner. Using Andy's latest kernel for ML and the vanilla nvidia kexts.

Edit: Not sure if this will help but noticed a lot of nvidia errors here on my system,

http://pastebin.com/exi5rATF

Tried with both AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext removed and with a modded Info.plist and neither worked. Black screen with white rectangle in top left corner. Using Andy's latest kernel for ML and the vanilla nvidia kexts.

Edit: Not sure if this will help but noticed a lot of nvidia errors here on my system,

http://pastebin.com/exi5rATF

what kernel are you running? the results you just posted do indicate where it hangs, that's a first. However, it could be a dud

Wow. Ok. I keep seeing issues with bzero$VARIANT$sse42 and now we have bzero$VARIANT$sse2 as well. Both should be supported on AMD without emulation.

Patchy-Patch paaatch.

EDIT: not 100% convinced this is an issue, could I get more fail reports?

im pretty confidend ATI Cards not depending on AGPM ..... when run on a 3,1 MacPro Version

....changes though when used on a iMac smbios.plist or MacPro 5,1 and so on then even ATI Cards want a AGPM Controller ID too

hmmm

edit:

had a go on a 5,1 Model Version with a modified AGPM and a ATI 5770 ended up in a white screen after boot when kext was loaded

investigate a little more

AnV made a new decrypter kext: AppleDecrypt.kext... I'm not sure if Spakk meant this, but you could try. :)

I think it's somewhere in this thread. :D

Okay but If I have a Virtual box on my Laptop and I am trying to install this on my Desktop can I just use my Virtual box to move this file to my Usb Install i am using iAtkos ML on my usb. and I have gotten myself lost after reading and learning so much. im in overload.

@ Deltac0

@Spakk

Okay question is how do I use it if the machine that has the FX core only has windows 7 and 8 and My laptop is win 7 with VB of SL. I use a USB boot of iAtkos, with Sinetek mach_kernel on the root of the usb, also tried with AnV amd_kernel and just renamed it to mach_kernel because I have no idea where the boot.plist is on the iAtkos disk. I tried installing chameloen on it but i dont think it worked. haha. I am a mess. and The Sintex kernel I used is the one http://www.insanelym...80#entry1876715 and AnV kernel here: http://www.insanelym...80#entry1878822

And Just in case the moderators think other wise i am trying to Get ML to work! Thanks )

I would not mind trying the out this beta test.

I just wish one of these kernels would work with my rig. I feel like it should, but I think I am not getting the correct boot flags OR just need a nice Tutorial. once I get min completed and working I will make a tutorial.

I was not getting the sleep function on Power Button Press, so what I did was used DSDTSE extracted my dsdt and used the power button hack, changed _HID to _CID and rebooted with the dsdt.aml in /Extra , the power button sleep function works after logging in to ML and pressing the power button. But it does not work with my HD 7750 (I have the kexts for it, and I am only testing ) as when I boot up into ML there is the white screen and mouse and everything is working but can do nothing. So I can make to sleep on the white screen but I cannot wake it up.

So I guess the AMD Kernel go round for sleep function can be assigned through the DSDT, I am trying to get the wake up from the white screen so post back again later with the results.

What system definitions are y'all using? Maybe we need to switch to ones of Macs that used nVidia cards.. Like you need Mac Mini for Intel 3000 to work. iMac 13,1 is one I can think of. Just a thought...

What system definitions are y'all using? Maybe we need to switch to ones of Macs that used nVidia cards.. Like you need Mac Mini for Intel 3000 to work. iMac 13,1 is one I can think of. Just a thought...

I've tried all the models with nVidia cards and it made no difference :(

Just want to post that software updater does not work, DSDTSE does not extract or compile. When opening a new tab in safari there is a weird behaviour on the new tab (this could probably be due to no QE/CI).

Reinstalled ML , software update works, not tried DSDT Editor.

Hello!

I Tryed to install it on VMware on my Notebook. But it's failed...

CPU: AMD Athlon II P340 Dual-Core processor 2.20GHz.

I ve got this panic,.

Please ask in the help thread.

Thank you.

• Like 1