• 3,807 posts
delete Geforce.kext

djfremen

djfremen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Where? I didn't see one on the Boot USB key... I checked S/L/E.

djfremen

djfremen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Anyone else having this issue? It's 100% consistent.

I do have another graphics card if that's the issue..

Thanks,

djfremen

djfremen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I'm now fully installed! I deleted these kexts from S/L/E. Hope this helps someones with frozen install & GeForce cards.

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348709921.766477.jpg   84.73KB   120 downloads

Thanks for a smooth mountain lion install Tseug!

FavleX

FavleX

FavleX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
lately, probably after updated but I am not sure, to 10.8.2, I got this

Posted Image

on using Chrome or Firefox browser.Using Safari (that it isn't my default browser..) I don't get it at all.
Anyone can suggests any help to solve it?

Thanks

PhendranaDrifts

PhendranaDrifts

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Overall much better install than tonymac. For an oldish motherboard (GA-P55-UDA4P) the USB drive needs to be set to Master Boot record. Otherwise the PC gets locked at the POST screen. Slight omission from guide.

Still cannot get TOSLINK (SPDIF) audio out working. Not a huge deal since my upcoming hackintosh (new GA-77 something or other, CPU, ram) will be here Friday and usb soundsticks will be the audio out but it would be nice to have toslink working in order to use the home theater speakers if the urge strikes.

tepaks

tepaks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48 +
    x86/x64 PC
    x86/x64 iHack
[EDIT] i've succeeded thanks to me, my self and some iHackers ...

Hi,

I've tried this method but without success. In verbose mode last thing I see is "Legacy USB Off done" the screen goes black and computer resets.

Same computer runs 10.7.5 in full 64 bit mode without a glitch. Different boot flags make no difference. I've copied DSDT and SMBIOS from this working machine.

Please help!

DaveVegas

DaveVegas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Thank you so much for this guide!

I am using an ASUS P6T SE and I got everything working instantly without any post-Installation hassle.

If you are using this guide for your installation and you have an Asus P6T SE then you can just download my "Extra.zip" (Attached) and just replace the folder /Extra/ from the downloaded "install.zip" in this guide and you won't have to worrry about anything.

Thanks again
Best
Dave

Attached Files

Bernard Tapie

Bernard Tapie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
oh well stuck at step one, I just can't log into the Mac App Store, got unknown error, no matter how many times I've deleted its pref files or quit/relaunch the app store :(

Bernard Tapie

Bernard Tapie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

oh well stuck at step one, I just can't log into the Mac App Store, got unknown error, no matter how many times I've deleted its pref files or quit/relaunch the app store :(

ok, fixed my issue by deleting in mac hd libr

com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
com.apple.network.identification.plist
NetworkInterfaces.plist
preferences.plist

then reboot

Was able to successfully install Mountain Lion via this very tutorial, just had to had the <key>PciRoot</key> <string>1</string> for my 9800GT in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

I also successfully updated to 10.8.2, so far everything works

Congrats to Tseug and many thanks for his work :)

omf

omf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Pro Tip: Make sure you remove or upgrade any older version of Chameleon on your disk(s). Even if you're booting off of USB, the Chameleon install on your HDD can interfere with the version being used with this install.

No matter what I did, the created installer disk would reboot the system after loading all of its files and attempting to start Darwin. (Several pages worth of loading drivers, then an instant reboot. See attached image below for the last message before the reboot.)

The issue was resolved by running the latest (2.1-r2069) Chameleon installer on my existing partitions.

Also, this was using the latest (10.8.2) install image from Apple (just downloaded it last night).

Just thought I'd mention this in case it saves anyone else some grief.

My system:
  • GA-P35-DS4 v2.1
  • Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
  • NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 256MB
Posted Image

martin00

martin00

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hello, i followed this tutorial and i made a bootable USB stick but when i try to boot from it it is just loading some stuf for a while then screen goes black and reboot. I have tried different falgs but no luck. If i try verbose mode i can see nothing because it is so fast i can not read anything..

---edit---
this is what i see
Posted Image

martin00

martin00

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello, so i made a couple of changes but now i am stuck right here
Posted Image
do you guys have any idea?
thanks

Inputsammler

Inputsammler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks

Now my Hackintosh is working fine.
GA-P35 DS4
Q6600
MSI NVidia GT 640 i have to disable the Grafikenabler and now ist working
Thanks for your good job

feriso

feriso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Great guide BTW, I used the Lion version of this and it installed perfectly, the ML appeared to work perfectly as well; however.....

Following the guide it all installs fine though after about 20secs I get a KP with the error being CPU1 has no HPET assigned. Now I've looked back through the thread and I can not see anyone else having these problems.

I am letting the script create the DSDT so it is 'unmodified', the bios has hpet set to 64bit and ahci etc. so I'm not sure what I am missing here?

(GA-P35-DS3R, Q6660, 8800GT, 60GB Vertex)

Luthraz

Luthraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Just wanted to chime in and say that after some hard drive issues I made a new USB stick using a fresh download of Mountain Lion from the App Store (bought and paid for legally). I didn't realize it at the time but it was 10.8.2. It installed with 0 issues. Apparently if you want a fresh copy of the latest version of Mountain Lion just delete whatever install you currently have from your Applications folder, download the latest version from the app store and then run the mkboot command on the USB stick in the original post. My specs are:

GA-EP45T-UD3LR LGA775
8GB DDR3 SDRAM 1600 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series
ATI Radeon HD 5870
2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Sound is not working but I think I have a kext to take care of that somewhere on my backup.

boxer82003

boxer82003

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Hey Guys,

What am i missing here. I can boot from my hard disk as long as i have the USB stick in, after that i can remove it.

without the usb stick in when i try to boot from the hard disk I just see a bunch of text flying through my screen and then the computer will go through the POST again.

thanks

boxer82003

boxer82003

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
ok everything is up and running however my only issue is i cant sign into the app store or iTunes anyone have a solution????

xLitsx

xLitsx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

ok everything is up and running however my only issue is i cant sign into the app store or iTunes anyone have a solution????

Does the OS still fetch updates?

nathandw

nathandw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Updated to 10.8.2 but then the GFX (NVidia GT520) again stopped working.

By just adding
0x104010de&amp;0xffc0ffff

to /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAGF100HAL.kext/Contents/Info.plist all is just going fine again.

FULL hardware acceleration ,sleep working flawlessly, just beautiful.

Thanks again tseug!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy