[GUIDE] A fast and easy way to install Mountain Lion

tseug

201 posts in this topic

@Tseug, in Chameleon Wizard I have "org.chameleon.boot.plist not found!" and "SMbios.plist not found!". What can I do?

Best option: Install from scratch. During the installation you get the option of migrating from a TimeMachine backup. Restore your user (and possibly some of the other stuff but my advice is to be conservative), then run finalize.

Other option: just run finalize and see if it works.

Whenever I reinstall the OS I only migrate my user. The rest is easily reinstalled manually. That has the added benefit of removing the crud that builds up over time in most operating systems.

I must have that org.chameleon.boot.plist somewhere because my machine can boot. If I find it I can change some options maybe. I still got that annoying verbose level when booting...

What options are you taking when you do a restore with timemachine?

I have GA- P35-DS3P so first thanks tseug for your efforts and guides.

I have snow and lion and now mountain lion but I always have problems with sleep. It works on snow but not automaticaly, on lion it was working totally but after waking I would got KP after some time until with some instalations chimera and olarilla chameleon and then your chameleon again evertyhing start to work like it should but I do not know why.

Now again I have mountain and it goest to sleep but at wake it only restarts, I have no idea why. In the same time (this installations are on separate usb disks) lion sleep stops to work. As I see the solution and problem are somwhere in chameleon or chimera but I do not know why i have such problems every time with that board and sleep . VGA is gigabyte 5750 and evertyhing works fantastic except sleep. Can somebody help?

Thanks

I must have that org.chameleon.boot.plist somewhere because my machine can boot. If I find it I can change some options maybe. I still got that annoying verbose level when booting...

What options are you taking when you do a restore with timemachine?

As I already mentioned I reinstall and restore my user during the installation process. I would recommend that process on both real macs and on hackintoshes.

org.chameleon.boot.plist should reside in /Extra but i still recommend reinstalling.

As I already mentioned I reinstall and restore my user during the installation process. I would recommend that process on both real macs and on hackintoshes.

org.chameleon.boot.plist should reside in /Extra but i still recommend reinstalling.

What is a good reinstallation? Just put the application in the bin and download and copy the application back to applications or just download an application who deletes te application automatically?

What is a good reinstallation? Just put the application in the bin and download and copy the application back to applications or just download an application who deletes te application automatically?

I don't understand what you mean. With reinstallation I mean follow the guide and reinstall the OS. I don't think I can be any clearer.

I don't understand what you mean. With reinstallation I mean follow the guide and reinstall the OS. I don't think I can be any clearer.

no sorry, I mean installation of an application not the os. I know how to install the OS. What is the correct way to uninstall an application in mac? Just drag the application to the trash bin or use an application that uninstall it for me?

no sorry, I mean installation of an application not the os. I know how to install the OS. What is the correct way to uninstall an application in mac? Just drag the application to the trash bin or use an application that uninstall it for me?

You can do that but that lives some application files on the system some applications have theit own uninstal utillty, and you can have application like clean mymac that will do all that for you. Which applicatio is the best I do not know but some files always stay even than.

Nobody has any suggestions regarding to sleep? On lion and mountain lion after coming back from sleep I have random system halt sometimes almost in few minutes sometimes after few hours. In onepoint after numerous reinstallations chameleon and chimera lion works A ok. But now when I instal on another usb disk mountain lion i have problem with both systems, only snow leopard sleep works but not automatic sleep.

Any sugestions? Config is in the signature.

you should try changing in system preferences -power saving - check automatic power on after power loss than alow sleep on power button and then put hard disks to sleep........ that makes sleep, uncheck enable wake for ethernet that makes sleep possible but problem is random freezing after wake up sometmes after few hours sometimes after minute or so.

I had same problem with lion but after some installations and deinstallations of chimera and chameleon problem disappears but now after instaling ml here we go again.

so close so far sleep for me is very important and it is working flawlessly only on sl

Hi tsung, I just followed your guide on installing the Mountian Lion.

But I have a problem when attaching OS X Mountain Lion.

I moved the install folder on the desktop, I typed:

cd Desktop

Then I type:

sudo install/mkboot /Volumes/Boot/

After that I obtain the failure as shown in the following figure:

Screen%20Shot%202012-08-05%20at%201.50.05%20AM.png

Did I miss something?

i do got the same error as you and also i got the dmg file.. have you got any solution for that?

Many thanks as I said before for guides but...

still problems with sleep,

everything works great,even sleep and automatic sleep works but after a short while picture is frozen and sound stutters.Sometimes after first sleep sometimes after 5-6, sometimes on wake sometimes after a while, no messages only sound stutters or in best case you must restart blabla...

I had same problem with lion guide but it is solved with ####### apple rollback and alc889a/885 kext and apple rtc patch and lion works now perfectly. But with mountain lion no avail. I tried with dsdt I made , I tried again with all versions of #######, I changed kexts and in almost every combination everything works flawless until some time after sleep. Sleep is for me must have so please have anybody idea what to try next? Could it be related to video driver? maybe for 10.8.2 I need to make new kext for ati 5750 like for original mountain installation? This is the only thing I can imagine that could be culprit of this behavior.I made few clean installations saome by tseug guide some by ###### some mixed to no avail.

Anybody please?

Finaly I had installed Mountain Lion!!! But now I have no iCloud!!

When I login to my icloud accout I get this message: "This Apple ID is valid but not an iCloud account"

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks

Hi, It resolve if you have good smbios.plist

try install/create smbios.plist with "chameleon wizard" and choose "MacPro3,1" for example.

Hope this helps

Ok I have managed to get stable system after third installation (I do not know why) after wake from sleep in 10.8. after that ,update to 10.8.1 and 10.8.2 goes smooth everything works flawlessly except I get again the same problem, after wake from sleep after some time i get KP but this time finally with message about AppleIntel CPU PowerManagment i put kext from 10.8 but no go same KP. What to do ?Maybe I should try kext from lion?

well solved , i tried various versions off kext i do not know is appleacpiplatform.kext have something to do it, but looks like that it is something related to audio and dsdt. I have tseug autopatcher version , my version made it with ollarila maldon methods, but at las it works version from ###### dsdt bas for ga-p35-ds3R after that I naturally lost sound but after [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 5.2.0 and realtek kext for systems without dstd I have audio Id 1 not 12 as before and sleep works endlessly automatically, by me wakes and works rock solid after 12 waking (knocking on wood). Life is good again. Hope that somebody helps.Rushing to make image and make at least 12 copies haha. 6 days of life for one update is it with it I do not know if I only could somehow put thunderbolt display on it uff.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

i tried lots of combination of kext and flags...

i also install a vanilla version from a real mac on my hd, but

Chameleon boots

selecting the usb or hd system load kext and then... two things happens

1) system reboot continuously

2) i have i panic cpu

Any ideas?

MB Intel DQ965GF

CPU E6440 Intel core 2 duo 2.13GHz

Graphics Asus ATI radeon HD 5450

hd sata 0

DVD sata 3

thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

First of all thanks for the awesome script. But I have a problem, I am getting stuck at "DSMOS has arrived" when booting from USB.

I tried removing all graphic kexts and rebooting with -f but still same problem arises.

I have a Radeon 5650 Mobility and VAIO VPCEB46FG. This is pretty strange that I was able to install ML previously on the same machine few months ago with full QE/CI support and everything was working just fine. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks!

Hello.I have been able to activate sleep, at least the cold sleep, not the hibernate, still now at least.

The last prob remained are, I got the ethernet recognised as a bluetooth pan, then the most important I can't activate the second dispaly.

I got one display working on dvi but, if i attach the second one with the vga the system doesn't work, I mean the boot seems normal, but doesn't appear any login screen neither I can't see any graphic screen.

Do you have any ideas on what I can change to solve them?

thanks.