[AMD] 10.7.3 Guide - Experimental Only

Devout

210 posts in this topic

This installation method, albeit quite helpful during its time (thanks, Devout!) is quite outdated now. You have better chances with the procedures and tools described here:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/318-amd-development/

Do you use IRC? There's always people willing to help with AMD installations in the chat #legacykernel, on the server chat.osx86.hu.

Best regards!

• Like 1

saN3zSS.jpg

Any ideas? I've tried all kinds of boot flags to help, but nothing. I have USB Legacy turned off in mobo, everything unplugged, and the boot flag (what it took to get SL installed) and nothing. I used method 2 and made sure to replace kernel and finder in installation. Booting with latest Chameleon.

My specs:

CPU: 960T

Mobo: Biostar ta880g+

RAM: 8GB

Vid: 6870 Sapphire

Thanks in advance!

-helllo man ,

----use another fakesmc kext (try a 32bit kext and 64bit also )----

i think your KP is related to fakeSMC device but i am not sure .....

you can also :

-try the maxmem=1024 or maxmem=2048 flag

-try another new 64 bit amd kernel (update 3 from osx86.net ......) you do not need to replace the 64bit finder app , but the 32 bit finder from dp2 also work

-boot first with arch=i386 and if it boot test with arch=x86_64

-if it not boot test with only one RAM SLOT ( 2gb only ) remove all others

-remove all atapi devices for the test if you have (dvd , cd , hdd .....)

-make sure you have set HDD as ahci mode

-try another boot loader (chimera ......) , try to boot with another graphic card (if you have another pciEXPRESS old card)

I HOPE YOU HAVE SNOW LEO ON ANOTHER sata or usb DISC / or PARTITION ,with this you can make modifications (kexts , kernels, org.boot file ,etc.....) on your lion EASLY

you can also use single mode terminal but it's more difficult (google is your friend )

use my hack 3.1 to apply permissions repair on your 10.7.X install after each kexts modifications (s/l/e and extra ) my hack is the best , you can repair permissions from 10.6 to your 10.7 partition but this program do not want to run in safe mode ......

GOOD LUCK MAN , YOU CAN DO THIS MAN !

Edited by KAMDER-OSX

This installation method, albeit quite helpful during its time (thanks, Devout!) is quite outdated now. You have better chances with the procedures and tools described here:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/318-amd-development/

Do you use IRC? There's always people willing to help with AMD installations in the chat #legacykernel, on the server chat.osx86.hu.

Best regards!

-helllo man ,

you can also :

-try another new 64 bit amd kernel (update 3 from osx86.net ......) you do not need to replace the 64bit finder app , but the 32 bit finder from dp2 also work

-try another boot loader (chimera ......) , try to boot with another graphic card (if you have another pciEXPRESS old card)

I HOPE YOU HAVE SNOW LEO ON ANOTHER sata or usb DISC / or PARTITION ,with this you can make modifications (kexts , kernels, org.boot file ,etc.....) on your lion EASLY

you can also use single mode terminal but it's more difficult (google is your friend )

use my hack 3.1 to apply permissions repair on your 10.7.X install after each kexts modifications (s/l/e and extra ) my hack is the best , you can repair permissions from 10.6 to your 10.7 partition but this program do not want to run in safe mode ......

Thanks! I'm at work right now, but it's going to be my weekend project. I've got my SL on a different partition and can successfully boot to that, so no problems there. I'll check out the IRC this weekend if I keep getting stuck. Thanks again!

Best regards!

-helllo man ,

you can also :

All it took was a 64bit kernel and the -nossse3bit bootflag...thanks for pointing me in the right direction! now on to fixing the little quirks like audio and networking!

• 1 month later...

My System:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black

Asus M4A78 Plus Motherboard

6GB RAM

Radeon 4890 1GB Graphics card.

I was able to install iATKOS L2 using the following flags:

-legacy UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No -v

iATKOS installed fine and I can boot into the Chameleon bootloader. The problem is that iATKOS won't boot. I don't even get the Apple logo. Just some scrolling text (standard OS X safemode boot text that files by faster than I can read) then the screen goes blank and my system reboots.

I think that the system might reboot when it says something about PCI but I'm not 100% sure. The text scrolls too quickly for me to tell.

I've tried various bootflags. Any suggestions? Are there customization options that I missed during install?

Update: Looks like it's rebooting on "Starting Darwin x86"

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to do this without existing Snow Leopard? I can't even get that to work. The iatkos S3 disc runs flawlessly, no flags required then I can install it. But when I try to boot from the HDD it just either hangs without booting so it's a black screen. Or it reboots the computer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have a perfectly working SL on my Athlon X2 5600+/Asus M2N-SLi/GTS250.

I've used method number 2 to install Lion on my PC, everything went smooth, replaced the kernel, but I get instant reboot after loading it. I've tried all possible flags which I could find around the forum, it just loads the kexts and then - boom and restarts..

Any ideas what could cause it? Any kext which is not supposed to be there?

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I have my SATA III is set to AHCI and i cannot change SATA II (idk what it is). I have to controllers on my board the SATA III one is SB950 and the SATA II one is JBmicron 362.

I have tried both and neither work (same problem0

(Just as a Side note by (SATA III) I mean REV III which runs at 6 GB/s. By (SATA II) I mean 3 GB/s.

We need a kext for this southbridge.  I have the same problem.

• 3 months later...