• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,453 posts
Maybe is the wrong place, sorry please.

Unless I'm mistaken, or have forgotten about some other patch I've applied somewhere, I no longer need to patch the AppleRTC binary for 10.8 DP3. Rebooting after a sleep/wake cycle now performs normally without any CMOS error.

+1. But here now in 10.7.4 (11E52) on sandy bridge laptop. Vanilla AppleRTC (1.5), and I just have the fix IRQ8 out of Device:

Device (RTC)
                {
                    Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
                    Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()
                    {
                        IO (Decode16,
                            0x0070,             // Range Minimum
                            0x0070,             // Range Maximum
                            0x01,               // Alignment
                            0x08,               // Length
                            )
/*
                        IRQNoFlags ()
                            {8}
*/
                    })
                }

Greggen

Greggen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Unless I'm mistaken, or have forgotten about some other patch I've applied somewhere, I no longer need to patch the AppleRTC binary for 10.8 DP3. Rebooting after a sleep/wake cycle now performs normally without any CMOS error.

Can somebody else check this on their setup?

Same here, and I acctually don't need it in 10.7.3 either. Got a Asus P8Z68-V LX and the 3k version of the UEFI-BIOSes for Asus z68-boards seems like made for hacks.

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
I still need it here with a GA-965P-S3 (10.7.4). If I do a sleep/wake cycle and then reboot the CMOS is reset.

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,137 posts

Would be 'nice' if somebody with a Mac can give me some CloverRTCTool dumps to have a look at.
Particularly a normal boot dump, after sleep dump and after wake dump.
Thanks

Farx

Farx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Have you changed AHCi to ESB2?
Have changed ICH10 to ESB2, I don't need patch AppleRTC.kext anymore, both 10.7 and 10.8

rayap

rayap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
And again, there appears to be no change in the size of the Unix Executable AppleRTC file at 66,320 bytes in ML DP4. So the patch in the OP does help as expected.
Rgds.

Kynyo

Kynyo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:
I preffer to patch! Is more easy to use and vanilla style in combination with a DSDT!

rayap

rayap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
It appears all is same and well in Gold Master for those who require the patch.
Rgds.

asapreta

asapreta

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
I'll try on 10.8 GM in a few moments. Will report back.

Just need to grab the tool, where is it?

Maniac10

Maniac10

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
I had to patch it, tested without it and got the bios reset on reboot. Running the GM on a Z68AP-D3

ApexDE

ApexDE

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
@rayap

after reading another thread about ML install, i am a bit confused. Can i copy the AppleRTC.kext to /Extra/Extensions, patch it and keep it there or do i need to copy the patched AppleRTC.kext back to /System/Extensions?
I would like to keep the unpatched kext in /System/Extensions

Under Lion, the patched kext is loaded from /Extra/Extensions and that worked good.

flatfrog

flatfrog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

@rayap

after reading another thread about ML install, i am a bit confused. Can i copy the AppleRTC.kext to /Extra/Extensions, patch it and keep it there or do i need to copy the patched AppleRTC.kext back to /System/Extensions?
I would like to keep the unpatched kext in /System/Extensions

Under Lion, the patched kext is loaded from /Extra/Extensions and that worked good.

You can use the AppleRTC.kext the same way You've done in Lion. I'm loading the kext from E/E and have the original in S/L/E.

rayap

rayap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
@ApexDE
Me too like yure, patching a copy in E/E and leaving the original in S/L/E.

EnzoFX

EnzoFX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
So are you guys using the one in the OP or the longer one further down that's the one used in Lion?

I still needed that patch in Lion with almost every point update, so I'm sure I'll need it to for 10.8. Maybe we can get people to chime in whether AppleRTC was changed, with every future point update, and whether or not they needed to patch once again ;-).

So now I wonder if this is working in 10.8.1. and if it needed re-patching.

rayap

rayap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

So now I wonder if this is working in 10.8.1. and if it needed re-patching.

There's not been regular changes to AppleRTC exec file from DP1 thro 10.8.1 - so the OP patch will work. If you replaced the kext file with any update, guess you have to patch again.

Kynyo

Kynyo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:
For easy to use method, just backup Patched AppleRTC before you update, then reinstall and rebuild kext cache!

aylamrin

aylamrin

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
Could somebody provide me the patched kext?

og-phantom

og-phantom

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

No need to download a kext. Patch yours with the first post from the OP. It's a simple perl script, cut and paste it into a terminal.

Hackintosh2000

Hackintosh2000

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

I see google is having an outage in your area. :fiery:

Get the file from HERE.

I was actually going to download that file but the uploader was kind enough to put the code he used right in the description. Open terminal and run this...

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

This line of code patches the AppleRTC.kext in your S/L/E folder as opposed to one located in the E/E folder (If you even have on there). I don't have any kexts in my E/E folder so I had to use the attached bit of code.

gorila1

gorila1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Have you changed AHCi to ESB2?
Have changed ICH10 to ESB2, I don't need patch AppleRTC.kext anymore, both 10.7 and 10.8

Indeed!

On GA-EP45-DS3 (F9) I have used just custom DSDT.aml, FakeSMC, AppleHDA rollback and RealtekRTL81xx kexts. There was no need to patch AppleRTC. The system with 10.8.1 is fully functional and stable. To verify the rersult, I have completely reinstalled the system over the weekend.

Regards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CMOS Resets, AppleRTC

Topic Stats Last Post Info

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy