HWSensors

FakeSMC Plugins Hardware Monitoring Sensors SuperIO Temperature Voltage Tachometer Frequency

• Please log in to reply
1052 replies to this topic

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,438 posts

any news regarding iGpu HD3000/4000 sensors?

This GPU is physically CPU. Look CPU temperature.

Scradam

Scradam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello. Couple months ago I posted for help about Asus gryphon and Nuvoton NCT6791D but there was no help. Problem is related with all voltages. In other words only voltages stuck and no change values, other sensors like temp or hdd info are ok. After that all voltage values are wrong and I can post picture for that and all Dumps from Aida64. If Kozlek can help that will be nice.  

I'm having the same issue! (Asus Maximus VI Impact Z87 - i7 4790k)

Attached File  Screen Shot 2014-12-13 at 4.22.21 pm.png   120.46KB   3 downloads

Something I've noticed is that Power Supply 6 seems to correlate with my cpu multiplier. It ramps up to 0.63V when turbo boost is on and if I lower my voltage with an offset, it also drops.

I was experiencing overheating, so I dropped vcore to 1.04V and now Power supply 6 goes between 0 and 0.58V.

I'd love to be able to see the actual Vcore.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2014-12-13 at 4.13.48 pm.png   536.74KB   3 downloads

My CPU frequency is also spiking to 1000THz every so often.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2014-12-13 at 4.14.37 pm.png   220.92KB   3 downloads

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

warning for this bug:

https://github.com/k...sors/issues/257

system fan can silently shutdown right after osx booting. it does happen on some mobo. mine for example: asus p5q

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,205 posts

I'm running 10.7.5 in 32-bit kernel & drivers mode on a Thinkpad T61 with X3100 graphics (device ID 2A02). T8100 CPU.

I tried a couple of older versions of HWSensors and also managed to do a 32-bit build from the latest sources. But the GPUSensors plugin doesn't want anything to do with the X3100.

I know this is stoneage equipment but it should work right? I get readings from ACPISensors and CPUSensors just fine. Any special requirements for GPUSensors to attach?

I keep a copy of fakesmc (with plugins inside) in both /Extra/Extensions (for booting into my installer partition) and in /S/L/E on the OS partition.

Not a peep from gpusensors during boot. com.apple.driver.AppleHWSensor and "gpu-sensor" are attached to AppleIntelGMAX3100FB in ioreg.

If anyone is interested in taking a look at this...let me know what else you need.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,438 posts

I'm running 10.7.5 in 32-bit kernel & drivers mode on a Thinkpad T61 with X3100 graphics (device ID 2A02). T8100 CPU.

I tried a couple of older versions of HWSensors and also managed to do a 32-bit build from the latest sources. But the GPUSensors plugin doesn't want anything to do with the X3100.

I know this is stoneage equipment but it should work right? I get readings from ACPISensors and CPUSensors just fine. Any special requirements for GPUSensors to attach?

I keep a copy of fakesmc (with plugins inside) in both /Extra/Extensions (for booting into my installer partition) and in /S/L/E on the OS partition.

Not a peep from gpusensors during boot. com.apple.driver.AppleHWSensor and "gpu-sensor" are attached to AppleIntelGMAX3100FB in ioreg.

If anyone is interested in taking a look at this...let me know what else you need.

Hey,

Kozlek decided do not support old hardware such as X3100. 

It is my branch that supports it. See my signature.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,205 posts

Thanks Slice, will do. I'm using Kozlek's branch out of habit. I was already thinking about trying your version next, seeing your Inspiron 1525 has the X3100.

/Edit #1

Cool, it works, I have GPU temp reading. Thanks!

/Edit #2

Woah, spoke too soon. Rebooting with External display connected I get a Kernel Panic: "AppleIntelGMAX3100FB GPU parser error".. then a ton of:

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TGxx (a screenful of keys starting with TG) kSMCBadArgumentError (0x89) fkeyHashTable 0x0x5b28a00

/Edit #3

Can't reproduce... odd

ballistic

ballistic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
What is the best place to get the latest FakeSMC?

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,438 posts

Thanks Slice, will do. I'm using Kozlek's branch out of habit. I was already thinking about trying your version next, seeing your Inspiron 1525 has the X3100.

/Edit #1

Cool, it works, I have GPU temp reading. Thanks!

/Edit #2

Woah, spoke too soon. Rebooting with External display connected I get a Kernel Panic: "AppleIntelGMAX3100FB GPU parser error".. then a ton of:

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TGxx (a screenful of keys starting with TG) kSMCBadArgumentError (0x89) fkeyHashTable 0x0x5b28a00

/Edit #3

Can't reproduce... odd

We should move the discussion to another topic as this is OT here.

"AppleIntelGMAX3100FB GPU parser error". - is related to SMC keys that will be correctly produced by Clover+myFakeSMC+HWInfo. I am not sure other solutions do this.

"SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TGxx" - this is spam version of AppleSMC.kext. See a replacement in my package HWSensors-rev15.

What is the best place to get the latest FakeSMC?

Latest Kozlek's version see links in topic.

Latest my version see in my signature.

shiecldk

shiecldk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

@kozlek

I encountered some KP on boot randomly...

Could you build the binary with latest OS X 10.10 SDK? :)  I'm guessing this may solve my issues. ^_^

Faradis

Faradis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

my HW Sensors doesn't give me Cpu fan reading 

any one pls help to get my cpu fan reading working i have attached my darwin dump

Attached File  DarwinDumper_2.9.7_Clover_X64_3176_3182_Yos_faradisdrubo.zip   3.6MB   4 downloadsAttached File  HW sensors.tiff   157.12KB   14 downloads

Faradis

Faradis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

wow no reply....

i guess no one can help me

:( :(

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,438 posts

wow no reply....

I will not reply on kozlek's version.

Maniac10

Maniac10

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

wow no reply....

Kozlek doesn't come here very often, create a ticket in the HWSensors Github page instead

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FakeSMC, Plugins, Hardware Monitoring, Sensors, SuperIO, Temperature, Voltage, Tachometer, Frequency

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy