iCloud works for you ? iMessage ?

SUPERMAC512

SUPERMAC512

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hello

I installed Lion Server on VMware esxi 5.0 721882. It works normally about 8 Weeks. Yesterday the Lion Server Crashed.
The Problem is that after I Restart the VM it shows the Error Message "Darwin11_64Guest not Supported" When I restart the complete esxi host Lion run only once (Without Darwin11 Guest Error). The next startup stops with Darwin11_64Guest Error Message.

What can I do?

Regards
Florian

I have an work around. The Problem is shows only when I start the VM with VMWare vCenter. When I Connect directly with the client, the startup works without any Problems. Is there a workaround to startup the Lion Client with VM vCenter?

Regards
Florian

sebus

sebus

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
No, never was, maybe if Dave can figure out what in VC stops it

sebus

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

No, never was, maybe if Dave can figure out what in VC stops it

sebus

Tried all sorts of things but never got it working. At present I've no more ideas.

Herb_Davis_Y2K

Herb_Davis_Y2K

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

iCloud works for you ? iMessage ?

No, neither of them.

leetmacs

leetmacs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi!
I have a problem with esxi-5 CLI & guest vm [10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8].
I think, that is problem in patch.

When I restore VM from snapshot:
vim-cmd vmsvc/snapshot.revert %vmid% %snapshotID% suppressPowerOff

and then I'll trying to start vm:
vim-cmd vmsvc/power.on %vmid%

i get error like:
Powering on VM:
Power on failed

On the vSphere Client Console:
A general system error occurred/l The virtual machine could not start

Any ideas?
Thanks

P.S. only esxi-host reboot fix errors

thecrazy

thecrazy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
I have the VMware Workstation Preview 2 (build 754035) and use the unlocker 1.1.0. At first it worked perfect but now I get error -44 :wallbash:

Posted Image

Any ideas?

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

I have the VMware Workstation Preview 2 (build 754035) and use the unlocker 1.1.0. At first it worked perfect but now I get error -44

Any ideas?

Not an unlocker error as it is not patched. Have you rebooted the system? Also wrong thread as there is a separate one for Workstation, but let's deal with it here for now.

thecrazy

thecrazy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
The problem persists even after rebooting. I guess is the problem of the preview 2. Thanks

MSoK

MSoK

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

The problem persists even after rebooting. I guess is the problem of the preview 2. Thanks

Not sure the problem is preview 2, working fine for me both as a new June download (build 754035) and patched up to 754035 for the original e.x.p build 646643 all using Donk's 1.1.0 unlocker running Snow, Lion and Mountain happily. Might be worth a complete uninstall and VMware Workstation directory deletion, re-boot and fresh install and make sure all the services are running before, stopping them and installing the unlocker, maybe overkill but no other immediate thoughts.

yozh

yozh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
After a week of fighting with iCloud, I think I got it ! I extracted the EFI roms from the vmware workstation 8.0.4 and used it in ESXi with vmx line efi64.filename = and it works ! iCloud that is, iMessage still no good, but that doesnt work on vmware workstation or fusion eather...

threeonparfive

threeonparfive

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Just upgraded my 10.7 VM on ESXi to 10.8 with no problem. Just installed from DMG. iCloud is working no problem. iMessage doesn't work. Don't really care about that one. I'm not really sure what else to test. One new issue since upgrade is ESX now gives a warning about multiple CPUs every time it reboots.

Also, even from the beginning when I built it as 10.7, it takes FOREVER to boot. I just see the Apple logo screen with spinning wheel for 10 minutes or so then it comes up fine. Any ideas what this delay is about?

yozh

yozh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Just upgraded my 10.7 VM on ESXi to 10.8 with no problem. Just installed from DMG. iCloud is working no problem. iMessage doesn't work. Don't really care about that one. I'm not really sure what else to test. One new issue since upgrade is ESX now gives a warning about multiple CPUs every time it reboots.

Also, even from the beginning when I built it as 10.7, it takes FOREVER to boot. I just see the Apple logo screen with spinning wheel for 10 minutes or so then it comes up fine. Any ideas what this delay is about?

fakesmc.kext and it`ll boot in 45 secs

Sebastian

Sebastian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

I've an 10.7 Server VM running on an ESXi 5. I want to update it now. What will be the procedure to have everything running at the end? So, the fakesmc and lsi stuff is not hurt. I have already extracted the 64bit efi from Fusion.

Thx.

Bye

p4r4n0id

p4r4n0id

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey!

i've got the issue that my ESXi Instance with iAtkos L2 isn't booting after a successful installation. The Problem is based on a neverending "Still waiting for root device". The Problem is, that my server don't have a physical CD/DVD-Drive and so it's not possible to add a SCSI-Drive.

Further i can't use the unlocker in the shell because it don't recognize every command. So the command "rm in line 17" isn't known by the shell. I'm very desperate about this :(

Can anybody help me?

VMwareMacMan

VMwareMacMan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
We would like to get, a version of Mac OS X running on our ESXi 5.0 host servers, we currently have many Mini Macs, but because of overhead of management, and the fact that they are very stealable, they are currently locked in the datacentre, and access is provided by VNC.

We would much rather, have virtual machine versions running on ESXi 5.0, and the fact we have real hardware, are "comfortable with the breach of license" at present.

We have Dell Poweredge 2950 and R710s, with the unlocked patch applied, but still fails to install. We have a Snow Leopard DMG, which we have converted to ISO, this works perfect, and boots/installs on VMware Workstation 8.0 (with the unlocker patch - thanks).

Apple Mac OS X 10.6 (64 bit) has been selected as the VM Template.

Processors in Physical Servers are Intel Xeon L5335 and X5560. Plenty of RAM, Plenty of hard disk storage.

But when booting the ISO, I get the grey screen, and spinning wheel, which I believe from googling is a non-starter!

If I select EFI Internal Shell (unsupported options)...

fs0:
\usr\standalone\i386\boot -v

I guess, the VM is booting from the cdrom, until....

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSRData - _CST evaluation failed

I'm not sure if the above is correct and preventing installation?

I've also tried

‘boot -v npci=0×2000′

Any ideas, would be very welcome, thanks (and great unlock!)

I've also converted my DMG using TransMac (not sure if this works) to a 16GB USB flash drive, and connected to the VM, at BOOT, the Boot Manager detects the USB because I have USB in the list, but it does not boot from USB.

Maybe the DMG conversion to USB was incorrect? Ideas....I do have macs at my disposal, but have failed to create a dmg to usb boot disk.

lieb39

lieb39

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
So while I've been able to install 10.7 onto ESXi without issues, I cannot get 10.8 installed. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to do this? I've done a ton of research but unable to find a solution as of yet. I see some people have had success with a 'USB' install, what does this mean exactly?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy