• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

mrjanek

mrjanek

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
Kakewalk is a simple method for installing Lion on a PC.
If you're happy with my work please consider donating :) Thanks a lot!

Removed

Compatible motherboards:
You'll find a list of compatible motherboards here.

Visit Kakewalk.se
Visit kakewalk.se to get more information on how to install Lion on your PC using Kakewalk.

invisiblesurfer

invisiblesurfer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
HURRAY FOR MRJANEK!!!

sotirispandis

sotirispandis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Bravo. I will try it very soon!

CooSee

CooSee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 583 posts
:P mrjanek, THX for all your Work !

i will wait a little bit, because i've no Time to hurry up ;)

:dance_24: :yoji: :dance_24:

CooSee ' Ya

hunterhdolan

hunterhdolan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Looks great!

Just to confirm though, does this work with the AppStore version of Lion or just the Developer version?

Either way, you can expect a donation from me! :P

mrjanek

mrjanek

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Looks great!

Just to confirm though, does this work with the AppStore version of Lion or just the Developer version?

Either way, you can expect a donation from me! :P

Either should work fine :dance_24: The application accepts .dmg files and Install Mac OS X Lion.app
Thanks for the support everyone!

hunterhdolan

hunterhdolan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Either should work fine :P The application accepts .dmg files and Install Mac OS X Lion.app
Thanks for the support everyone!

Great!

kome

kome

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Thanks.

However, when I tried to run it, after I input admin password, nothing happened thereafter...any suggestion?

NoSmokingBandit

NoSmokingBandit

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
Can this be used to make a DVD instead of a bootable usb drive? I'd prefer having a hard copy on dvd just in case I need to reinstall and i've already formatted my usb drive.

JustinAiken

JustinAiken

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Thanks for the app! This will be my first attempt at installing Lion on my machine... Haven't had to mess with anything hackintosh since I got my machine running perfectly 2 years ago, so it's nice to see an easy app for jumping back in...

Couple of questions:

1) This is a vanilla install, right? Not like the old kalyway or iDeneb distros?
2) Does it work if you create a HD partition instead of USB stick?

Dam

Dam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hi mrjanek!

Congrats for Kakewalk 4!!

Is there any chance to use it for a GA-EP45C-DS3R Mobo Retail Lion Installation?
Please Let me know!

Bye!

JustinAiken

JustinAiken

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
No luck for me; when trying to boot off the USB stick I created, it never loads the bootloader... If I try to boot the kakewalk partition using the bootloader I have on my main drive (Chameleon R4 I think), it will reset my computer after loading all the kexts.

Mobo is a EX58UD4P, I have set my BIOS as the instructions say...

thay

thay

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Thx a lot it work very well on my GA-EP-45-UD3LR

Laxmann19

Laxmann19

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Didn't work for me :/ I put in my password and pointed to the usb stick and the lion.app and it said it couldn't restore basesystem.dmg any suggestions?

drummer4now

drummer4now

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
anybody try this with a MSI MS-7613 motherboard?

Enstriel

Enstriel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Is there any way to install Lion with kakewalk on a Samsung QX510 laptop with a generic Samsung P55 mobo?

daulex

daulex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
first of all, thank you for the app.

I'm lucky enough to have the compatible hardware to do this, however I'd like to understand how the app works.

Where do the kexs get installed to? The main kext folder or /extra? I'm worried about how future-proof the install is and how well it would cope with native Mac Os software updates. (My current manual/custom Snow-Leo setup has plowed through every single one of the SL updates without needing any extra work.)

Plucka

Plucka

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Hey everybody,

was wondering if this app will work on non gigabyte boards? Has anybody tried it on an Asus P5B or P5Q motherboard? If so, would you mind sharing your info here.

Thanks Kakewalk for making such a ripper app, cheers mates, Plucka

lowe_s

lowe_s

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Has anyone tried sucessfully loading Lion using Kakewalk on a Gigabyte G31 series board?

ddorbuck

ddorbuck

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
mrjanek, Im having an issue where I cannot create the kakewalk 4 usb boot. Im getting the following error "Could not rename drive. Make sure you no other volumes named 'Mac OSX Base System' are mounted" The install basically fails at this point. I have tried repeating it again by re-formatting my usb stick first and changing the name to something simple such as lion or kakewalk.

Another user named MadNachos in your discussion forum on your website is also reporting the same issue.

Any advise? I can upload the log when I return home this evening.

Thanks. Doug

(p.s my system has been rock solid based on your earlier kakewalk install). Im curious how to you handle upgrades from a system running an older kakewalk install with an older chameleon ? Do you replace the boot loaded and keep the users dst files? or replace both?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy