Kakewalk 4: Makes installing Lion a breeze

mrjanek

171 posts in this topic

I got my EX58UD5 up and running with Lion. I did a clean fresh install and it worked fine. Only issue is my AMD 4890 is not getting picked up by the OS. If i set graphics enabler to YES then it is not booting. Hangs with the infamous ACPI timeout. Anyhow I'm super excited.

Edit: FYI...Got my 3d acceleration working by installing the QE_CI_10.7 then enabling GraphicEnabler.

Did you have a 10.6.8 install previously? I've also got a system based on the EX58-UD5 (and a 4890) but I can't even download 10.7 – I get the error message that it cannot be installed on this computer.

No one any idea how to move on with my installation ?

I restarted after Kakewalk 4 installation on HD i see the new loader on screen and stuck to the apple ...

When i start -v in verbose i can it is stuck on pci configuration begin :unsure:

please help

Did you have a 10.6.8 install previously? I've also got a system based on the EX58-UD5 (and a 4890) but I can't even download 10.7 – I get the error message that it cannot be installed on this computer.

Make sure you are using the final GM build 11A511. Did you create GUID 1 partition on the usb? Do you have any other corrupted lion parition on your system?

I'm trying to do a clean install but it refuses to work. I've created the bootable drive with no errors, but when i boot up it scrolls through all of the kexts then simply reboots. I've tried safe mode but it changed nothing. My BIOS is set up correctly, according to the install guide. Any suggestions?

I'm trying to do a clean install but it refuses to work. I've created the bootable drive with no errors, but when i boot up it scrolls through all of the kexts then simply reboots. I've tried safe mode but it changed nothing. My BIOS is set up correctly, according to the install guide. Any suggestions?

Make sure you are using the final GM build 11A511. Did you create GUID 1 partition on the usb? Do you have any other corrupted lion parition on your system?

I'm not running the GM build of Lion at all if that's what you're meaning – I have no installations of Lion, just one install of 10.6.8, which is formatted as GUID.

I'm installing it on a laptop and both trackpad and keyboard don't work, i've tried adding voodoops2.kext y /Extra and it doesn't work.

EDIT

Ok booting in 32bit mode made everything work (trackpad, keyboard, sound, battery, gma950) on my hp nc6400.

Almost everything is working but both cores like 10.6.8 :"""((

Hi,

Install went smoothly on my Gigabyte P55-UD2 with an i5-750. However, sound does not work.

And GraphicsEnabler=Yes doesn't work with my Radeon 4890 despite it being listed as compatible on your site, so I'm stuck on 1024x768. Help is appreciated.

Well, I never did figure out how to get Lion to download on my hackintosh, but I was able to use my Mac Pro to download it and then go through the install process with Kakewalk. So far everything is looking pretty good – got it installed, but I didn't have Internet access enabled yet so I'm jumping through some other hoops of my own making.

Hey guys,

I had SL 10.6.8 and I used Kakewalk 4 on my USB thumb drive.

My MB is EP45-UD3L, and I'm also using a PS2 keyboard.

I got my PS2 driver from kexts.com and i just puted the kext files in the Extra and System\Library\Extension folders on the USB drive (that's because I erased my partition and then noticed that it needed the kext :\).

After the install, the keyboard is responsive, but I'm not getting thru the "Connect your keyboard" screen.

What to do? I have access to the partition and the USB from windows (thanks, Macdrive!).

Another thing: Mrjanek is the king.

Thanks guys,

Dvir.

Great, I thought the Lion installation is always 2 step process(install 10.6.6 - 10.6.8 then install Lion on top). Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm wondering about this as well. Is having Snow Leopard installed a requirement for using Kakewalk to install Lion? There's no way a 3GB installer file can contain a whole OS.

@mrjanek

will you "support" Asus motherboards in the future or will you stick to Gigabyte?

I'd also like to know as well. I have an Asus P8P67 motherboard with i5 2500K and would like to install Lion on it.

I'm wondering about this as well. Is having Snow Leopard installed a requirement for using Kakewalk to install Lion? There's no way a 3GB installer file can contain a whole OS.

It's closer to four than three gigs, and Snow Leopard is not a requirement for using Kakewalk to install Lion.

Just gave this a try and like always... a problem! Install goes smoothly, and when booting into the fresh install, sticks at a plain grey screen with the cursor after the verbose portion of the boot is done.

Any ideas?

Intel Core i5 2400

MSI H67MA-E35

4Gb DDR3 1600

MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II

This works for me i created a Lion Install USB and chose Gigabyte H67MA, deleted the DSDT and replaced it with one extracted from my motherboard, edited the plist to turn graphics enabler on.

Installer was graphics accelerated, installed and even rebooted fine, had to install my own ethernet driver LNX2MAC Realtek driver, USB3, graphics, ethernet, etc.. all work apart from sound.

Awesome stuff thanks for Kakewalk.